PSA: Stay away from Chicway.shop for ordering EUC

kitemi

10 hours ago, Chriull said:

Calling the resellers scamers could be not 100% legaly proofable/right.

But with stating warranties without any legal responsability in contrast to local online resellers is more or less faking false facts.

As eucs are getting more and more expensive people not having massive amounts of cash available are of course looking for alternatives.

And mostly they do not know or understand that returns are on their cost back to china. Especially the amount of such shipping costs. Or that they'd have to enforce their rights in front of chinese court.

Most people are used to western consumer protection and have no idea that dealing with chinese resellers is outside of any legal protection. One is fully dependend on the goodwill of the reseller. Sometimes aliexpress or credit card companies can help.

So yes, it can be in many cases pure scam. People feel protected by online resellers regulation and do not know that chinese resellers can behave as they like.

Some local resellers, as reported seem to be not different, but at least they can (could) be tracked by local juristiction.

In my very personal opinion the saving is not worth the risk. But of course most people get a functional wheel and save some bucks. Great for them, but the minority if peoples with real problems are still "scammed".

As the local, legally trackable resellers that have to compete...

But of course most chinese online resellers are hard working and respectable people doing a good job - or aliexpress won't be successfull!

Just as everywhere, in a legally not (or not strictly) regulated area some people are (mis)using the situation to their advantage...

Sure, I think this is a reasonable take and agree the issue is generally misunderstood expectations with international business.  I tend to be of the philosophy that it's very unrealistic to expect to be able to return or otherwise cancel an international order once shipped, and thus practice never "pulling the trigger" unless I'm sure.  I still feel the scammer label is over the top for the cases I've seen here, but to each their own.

I think it just really bothers me when people bandwagon into the perception that all Chinese resellers are dishonest and out to take advantage of people; as you say I'm sure some are but most are honest, hardworking people.

Here's another seller from AliExpress I've done business with, Wheel Riders Store. They've changed their name from Smart Ride since the video (6 years ago) but it's just cool to see their nice looking shop and the amount of riders and community in their area.  So just because this business who clearly has been involved with EUCs since the very beginning is on AliExpress they're shady?  I hope seeing a bit more about the actual human beings behind these businesses helps people be a bit more open minded.

Edited by PharmaCyclist
  • Like 3

I dont know of a convenient way to export chat logs from Aliexpress so I just changed some CSS so I could take screen dumps of reasonable size and merge. I think there is a gap in the timeline with some boring questions around month 1-2. I didnt remove something to hide anything but I cba to fix it.

Dont open and read this unless you are actually interested. Its not very interesting.

the TLDR:

Before ordering from the fraudulent "green and fashion travaling shop" (aka Chicway and other names) I asked them if they had the latest version. They had wheels in inventory but I wasnt sure which version.

They assured me that they only had the latest version. I put an order a few hours later

Then there was basically 5 months of them saying "please my friend have patience", then saying "it was sent today"/"it will be sent soon", repeated multiple times and without any notice of the fact that they just lied and said it would arrive. Its actually a little surreal for me to read. The latest iteration of "we sent it, get ready" was during my vacation when they where stressing me to call local logistics company to arrange delivery... I have 0 indication that anything was ever sent. No 3rd party validated anything was sent. I talked to both Spanish logistics company and the Swedish one. Neither had seen anything. Only empty transport orders that were never started with any real goods.

After 5 months, due to market conditions the price of the wheel had increased a lot (about 1 000 USD if I remember correctly).

Aliexpress website pushed me to either accept the order (without having gotten a wheel), or open a dispute. The seller asked for 10 more days (lol) and I managed to talk to customer service and get more time by spamming the stupid chat bot until I got to talk to a human.

In the end the dispute went through. 5 months of locking a lot of money, 5 months of being lied to, 5 months and a summer without a wheel. But Im sure the seller was happy to sell the wheel for a higher price.

This is a fraudulent seller. Not "bad service". Not "difficult to return". This is a person and a shop lying again and again and without any sense of ethics or morals. Did you get a wheel from them that you ordered? Great. Keep buying from this criminal.

log1.png

log2.png

• Like 2

On 12/18/2021 at 2:59 AM, KPul said:

That's an opinion about the actions of the buyer in one particular case. Those who draw general conclusions about the seller based on that transaction (and/or a transaction of their own), in a thread with multiple other complaints against that seller, might not be that much smarter than the buyer they just scolded. 

If you have some general principle about not buying stuff on the interwebs, or if you generally distrust Chinese people and you want to go into a thread that tries to flag a fraudulent seller and gloat about how you only buy local I guess go ahead... but its a different topic.

I distrust doing business with any country that doesn't play by the rules followed and enforced in modern societies so it's not about them being Chinese.   I deal with plenty of Chinese businesses in NZ where we have rules of engagement. 

And no argument with the fact I'm not smarter than anyone else.  Just more cynical. 

I do get your point though- my buying habits are fairly irrelevant to this buyers complaint. 

I guess the original post was meant as a warning to others who might be less cynical than myself.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my Monster Pro from Chicway.shop, it did arrive about 12 days later than expected but I'm not too surprised with port backlogs.  I'll upload videos and pictures soon, but so far the wheel is beautiful and I'm loving it in my early rides.  It is the latest version from what I can see, battery packs have the new Begode sticker with QR code and testing info/mfg date which is late September 2021.  Price was $3400 including the Chicway pedals which look fine but not nearly as nice as the Begode CNC gold I decided to install ☺️

• Like 1

Here's a quick YouTube video I made of the unboxing.  I was half asleep and barefoot.. apologies in advance, been moving in to a new house and exhausted.

Have to say I'm pretty damn happy with my scammer wheel 🤣🤣

Chicway Monster Pro Unboxing

Edited by PharmaCyclist
  • Like 1

Simply don't buy anything "expensive" on Aliexpress. You buy "small" thing from there ~50$.. What ever you want to pay. Because anything that you bought there has zero warranty.

Sure if things that you open is broken, or doesn't compare to description.. Then you can get refund.

You buy things there because it's cheaper. Same time you get no support.

They can say anything they want, to get customers. But be ready for risk.

• Like 1

Of course there's risk but the reality is with many Western retailers you pay for the service and less risk up front; this monster pro was ~$800 cheaper from Chicway... the most expensive component is the motor which is around $750.  Thus, if I have no problems (and please see my videos unboxing and impressions... the wheel is absolutely beautiful), I just end up saving $800 that I can use if an issue does arise or for whatever else.  When you deliberately pay a lot more up front for "support and service", you're also taking a risk that you may be paying in advance for something you'll never need.  I've purchased wheels from eBay (AMG studios) , AliExpress (Loomo Wheel Store, intelligent walking store, Wheel Riders Store), and Chicway directly at Chicway.shop and have saved tons of money and not had any issues 2,000+ miles later.  Hard to convince me I should have spent thousands more for "support and service".  My EXN was $2300 shipped WITH cast Begode pedals when all United States sellers were charging $2999 plus tax with NO pedal upgrade; they wanted another $240 for pedals.  So again, in a single wheel I saved nearly $1,000.

Meh, for my country prices are the same as on aliexpress.. (Some even cheaper) So ofc i would buy it here. +Piece of mind buying it in store. No waiting till i get and if i get it..

Even if it where 200-300$ more, i would still buy it in store. Or order from known retailers..

Last year went in local store and bought my 18xl for 1800 euro there.

Edited by Funky

47 minutes ago, Funky said:

Meh, for my country prices are the same as on aliexpress.. (Some even cheaper) So ofc i would buy it here. +Piece of mind buying it in store. No waiting till i get and if i get it..

Even if it where 200-300$ more, i would still buy it in store. Or order from known retailers..

Last year went in local store and bought my 18xl for 1800 euro there.

Definitely would buy locally more often if the prices were closer or cheaper as you say, but that's never been the case in my experience.  Wish it was!

On 1/21/2022 at 12:03 PM, PharmaCyclist said:

Of course there's risk but the reality is with many Western retailers you pay for the service and less risk up front; this monster pro was ~$800 cheaper from Chicway... the most expensive component is the motor which is around $750.  Thus, if I have no problems (and please see my videos unboxing and impressions... the wheel is absolutely beautiful), I just end up saving $800 that I can use if an issue does arise or for whatever else.  When you deliberately pay a lot more up front for "support and service", you're also taking a risk that you may be paying in advance for something you'll never need.  I've purchased wheels from eBay (AMG studios) , AliExpress (Loomo Wheel Store, intelligent walking store, Wheel Riders Store), and Chicway directly at Chicway.shop and have saved tons of money and not had any issues 2,000+ miles later.  Hard to convince me I should have spent thousands more for "support and service".  My EXN was $2300 shipped WITH cast Begode pedals when all United States sellers were charging $2999 plus tax with NO pedal upgrade; they wanted another $240 for pedals.  So again, in a single wheel I saved nearly $1,000.

Thats really great that your purchase worked out with you for your Pro.  I had the opposite experience with Chicway , as I ordered a Monster Pro when they were first released, and after 5 1/2 months later they canceled my sale, they ignored my emails requesting when I would receive my refund too.  I had to get PayPal involved to get my money back right before the 180 day cut off protection period.  Huge hassle !

Im so glad I waited getting the safer upgraded cells with a better BMS from Ewheels on my Pro.( waited an extra year)  Trust me, its a roll of the dice dealing with Chicway. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Thats really great that your purchase worked out with you for your Pro.  I had the opposite experience with Chicway , as I ordered a Monster Pro when they were first released, and after 5 1/2 months later they canceled my sale, they ignored my emails requesting when I would receive my refund too.  I had to get PayPal involved to get my money back right before the 180 day cut off protection period.  Huge hassle !

Im so glad I waited getting the safer upgraded cells with a better BMS from Ewheels on my Pro.( waited an extra year)  Trust me, its a roll of the dice dealing with Chicway. 

Sorry you had issues with them, all of my experiences have gone very well from ordering the Mten3, to the EXN motor, to this MPro, so for me it hasn't been a roll of the dice unless the dice are loaded lol 😅. I believe the new Begode batteries have a better BMS as well, these have a QR sticker and testing info with Sep 2021 production date and the quality of the wheel overall is stellar.  From this latest experience, I would absolutely continue to recommend the store and aside from the batteries (I wonder how much safer the eWheels batteries actually are... clearly it's a marketing point and way to draw business for eWheels from other retailers so they're going to claim it's a huge difference.. would love to see a detailed comparison they have made, I have not seen one) I feel like I got an excellent deal.  

The only thing I see from eWheels about their batteries is here and it's dated; Begode uses LG 21700 cells these days and maybe Panasonic or Samsung from what I've read, but they're not using generic Chinese cells.  I do understand the pack construction and BMS is a large factor but eWheels makes no comment on that I can find; looks like their packs are assembled in China from what photos I've seen.

As an aside, what's the freespin speed on your MPro?  Mine is 60.7 mph in EUC world which I think is latest motor rev, curious what others get.

Edited by PharmaCyclist