PSA: Stay away from Chicway.shop for ordering EUC

kitemi

• 2 weeks later...

Yes stay away  DO NOT trust these guys you will regret 

ordered euc plus pedals and pads 

only got euc they said they put inside the box 

It was original euc box  there was no room still they lied about the weight and said  they shipped everything then just ignored 

lost 400 us dollars  

problem with the wheel as well they stop answering when I asked twice about my pedals and pads 

they control their reviews on their site of course 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 7:24 PM, kitemi said:

My intent is not to air this in public but after 3 months of trying really hard to resolve and not being able to do this I figured at least if I can help someone else avoid such a situation it was worth the effort.

It could take some people months or even a year to recover financially from something like this if it keeps happening. We don't all have thousands of dollars to burn and then try to buy more EUC's on top of all the financial losses! We really do have a serious issue with dishonest resellers getting away with stuff like this and should be cracking down on it to protect others from falling into the same traps! It take's courage to speak up and we really need to hold bad resellers accountable! Thank you!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this thread in Reddit and I'll say the same thing here: don't order a wheel (or anything) from an international seller if you don't want it, it's not rocket science.  There's no scam between intelligent walking store and Chicway shop, I've ordered from both names and everything was completely legit and priced fairly.  I even asked them if they are the same store and they said they are, this idea they're hiding something and it's a conspiracy is just more BS.  I ordered a 512wh MTEN3 from IWS they said was in their US warehouse; it came via UPS shipped from Illinois to Florida in 3 days.  I ordered an EXN motor assembly on AliExpress from Chicway, it shipped from China early July and took nearly 2 months to arrive, but it was packed well and in perfect shape when it did AND it's extremely difficult to source the part right now.

I'm sure their service isn't as good as local shops but this absurd claim they're scammers is out of line.

http://imgur.com/a/r9h9wNW

Edited by PharmaCyclist
Added image of conversation on WhatsApp
  • Like 2

Don’t feel bad, I just made a $1600 mistake with ChicWay (AKA MrRide) and he would not return mac Cort my exchange… All I wanted way to buy a better more expensive wheel.

What’s worse is that AliExpress is assisting these scammers by making it as difficult as possible to return or exchange. Ali lets them multiple accounts so when one gets too much negative feedback they just abandon it.

you have to fight with the stupid Eva robot just to het to a human who’s even more incompetent. You ask them questions like

“what’s the return policy for this item?“ And they respond with

“have you contacted the seller yet?“

“Yes, and he told me to take a hike”

“I’m sorry to hear that and I will be happy to assist you with this matter”

Then they ask if they can put you on a brief hold for 3-5 minutes and never come back so you type hello? Only for the stupid Eva bot 🤖 to respond.

I am boycotting AliExpress for any item over $50. I hate companies that allow their customers to be scammed- these guys seem to encourage and facilitate it.

Edited by Vam Monaco

On 11/21/2021 at 4:45 PM, PharmaCyclist said:

I saw this thread in Reddit and I'll say the same thing here: don't order a wheel (or anything) from an international seller if you don't want it, it's not rocket science.  There's no scam between intelligent walking store and Chicway shop, I've ordered from both names and everything was completely legit and priced fairly.  I even asked them if they are the same store and they said they are, this idea they're hiding something and it's a conspiracy is just more BS.  I ordered a 512wh MTEN3 from IWS they said was in their US warehouse; it came via UPS shipped from Illinois to Florida in 3 days.  I ordered an EXN motor assembly on AliExpress from Chicway, it shipped from China early July and took nearly 2 months to arrive, but it was packed well and in perfect shape when it did AND it's extremely difficult to source the part right now.

I'm sure their service isn't as good as local shops but this absurd claim they're scammers is out of line.

What are you basing your comment on? Are you calling others "out of line" and "BS"ing because you happened to receive your two orders? Is this a joke?

• Like 2

On 11/27/2021 at 3:38 AM, Vam Monaco said:

Don’t feel bad, I just made a $1600 mistake with ChicWay (AKA MrRide) and he would not return mac Cort my exchange… All I wanted way to buy a better more expensive wheel.

What’s worse is that AliExpress is assisting these scammers by making it as difficult as possible to return or exchange. Ali lets them multiple accounts so when one gets too much negative feedback they just abandon it.

you have to fight with the stupid Eva robot just to het to a human who’s even more incompetent. You ask them questions like

Then they ask if they can put you on a brief hold for 3-5 minutes and never come back so you type hello? Only for the stupid Eva bot 🤖 to respond.

I am boycotting AliExpress for any item over $50. I hate companies that allow their customers to be scammed- these guys seem to encourage and facilitate it.

I don’t want to argue with you, I just want to tell the truth.

First, you place an order to buy Tesla 3 on November 12, and I updated the UPS number the next day.

The goods are close to the destination, you told me that you want to make a replacement, I really can’t help you make a replacement.

Then do you need to slander my shop here? What am i lie to you?

I just want to release all the evidence so that everyone can evaluate it and see what a "great" customer you are.

ghyuIkfTcQSGawn.jpgumN2JM95LHy3baT.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vam Monaco said:

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.47.32 PM.png

You missed "If the seller offers Free Return, it will be clearly marked on the item details page as follows:" from https://service.aliexpress.com/page/knowledge?pageId=37&category=1000038344&knowledge=1060015164&language=fr"

Otherwise you could have just opened the dispute for free return, as described on the page you quoted?

While looking at this aliexpress topics i found something imho ?new? - they mentioning that they follow local consumer rights - like in my case in the EU the right to return the shipment without reasoning, but shipping costs are borne by the customer.

No idea how this is treated in the US.

On 11/26/2021 at 8:38 PM, Vam Monaco said:

That's how i handle it, too - return shipment cost and lack of legaly enforcable rights is prohibitive for me.

Just years ago, once wheels were really "cheap" on aliexpress and prices of european resellers prohibitive it was an option ... But by now the price difference is not worth the possible risk. (for me)

But this is no scam but their rules everyone could read. Most people just see the cheaper price, ignore the details and are surprised once there are problems...

And about noone thinks about how much return shipment of some heavy wheel with high capacity li ion batteries could cost...

Insured transport of course, as transport risk is most likely borne by the customer?

Maybe with the local warehouses ( == valuables within local juristiction) aliexpress could be forced to bow fully to local consumer rights by governments and or lawyers? But then the last bit of price difference will be gone, too...

• Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 1:52 AM, Chriull said:

You missed "If the seller offers Free Return, it will be clearly marked on the item details page as follows:" from https://service.aliexpress.com/page/knowledge?pageId=37&category=1000038344&knowledge=1060015164&language=fr"

Otherwise you could have just opened the dispute for free return, as described on the page you quoted?

While looking at this aliexpress topics i found something imho ?new? - they mentioning that they follow local consumer rights - like in my case in the EU the right to return the shipment without reasoning, but shipping costs are borne by the customer.

No idea how this is treated in the US.

That's how i handle it, too - return shipment cost and lack of legaly enforcable rights is prohibitive for me.

Just years ago, once wheels were really "cheap" on aliexpress and prices of european resellers prohibitive it was an option ... But by now the price difference is not worth the possible risk. (for me)

But this is no scam but their rules everyone could read. Most people just see the cheaper price, ignore the details and are surprised once there are problems...

And about noone thinks about how much return shipment of some heavy wheel with high capacity li ion batteries could cost...

Insured transport of course, as transport risk is most likely borne by the customer?

Maybe with the local warehouses ( == valuables within local juristiction) aliexpress could be forced to bow fully to local consumer rights by governments and or lawyers? But then the last bit of price difference will be gone, too...

Excellent points but I disagree that people just "ignore" the details (especially when they're spending thousands of dollars).
Maybe some people are blinded by price, but I sat on this for days. (I even posted here asking if this was a smart purchase). People advised me that buyers pay for return shipping- which is why I ultimately chose Mr.Ride- because IT WAS IN THE US.

1556522179_ScreenShot2021-12-03at1_56_39AM.png.600b39893369f779d154e36027041de5.png

When I finally pulled the trigger, I fully accepted that I would solely bear the responsibility of shipping costs in the event of a return- but Mr MrRide wouldn't even allow that. Dude literally told me that once an item has been shipped, it can't be returned.

1265114894_ScreenShot2021-12-03at1_56_39AM.png.a57a13aafe13b384d76d53b1318f6405.png

Alright, stop the press.  I'm not so sure this guy's working with a full deck.  First of all, nowhere in the "details" does it states "returns are not accepted" but who in their right mind doesn't want to maximize their sales? I'm literally trying to give this guy +$1,000 more and upgrade to a Gotway EX.N and he says no. I've worked in sales my whole life and I've never seen anything like it. If a customer buys a Passat and decides to return it the next day, in it's original condition, and buy a 911, I'm selling him the Porsche and I'm taking the rest of the week off! 

I've never heard of a salesman being so anal, but I will give credit where it's deserved: Mr. Ride's responses are Hallmark worthy...

1223291895_ScreenShot2021-12-03at3_39_19AM.thumb.png.c7e16781567430433484a22f37f6eb12.png

That's so brilliant that I put it in my signature. I wonder if I can bait him into writing me a new company slogan.

But getting back onto topic, "details" are hard to come by on AliExpress and CLEAR DETAILS are impossible to find. Sometimes they're tucked away, obstructed by ads or vaguely written, but most of the time, they just don't make sense because of the "Engrish" language barrier. Just look at this shit...

486034627_ScreenShot2021-12-03at1_44_21AM.thumb.png.07952bec018444dbb30271cd714118d5.png

What does "Born off-road" mean and why would anyone want an "oversized" headlight? We want our headlights to be just right. But this guy is far from the worst. You can still make sense of it. Here's some more.

1661890623_ScreenShot2021-12-03at1_48_17AM.thumb.png.6e282dfa7745c68ab89669d12fd0432e.png

Hail to Our! Long live Our! 

Edited by Vam Monaco
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 3:25 AM, MrRide said:

I don’t want to argue with you, I just want to tell the truth.

First, you place an order to buy Tesla 3 on November 12, and I updated the UPS number the next day.

The goods are close to the destination, you told me that you want to make a replacement, I really can’t help you make a replacement.

Then do you need to slander my shop here? What am i lie to you?

I just want to release all the evidence so that everyone can evaluate it and see what a "great" customer you are.

ghyuIkfTcQSGawn.jpgumN2JM95LHy3baT.jpg

Wait what..? Is this account from the AliExpress store called Chicway?

EDIT:
I dont want to argue with you, I just want to tell the truth.

(again, if it is really you, from the fraudulent Chicway / green and fashion travail shop)

Where'd you go? Are you only interested in talking if you think you have an easy case? You run away when you know you're the fraud?

Edited by KPul

On 11/26/2021 at 8:38 PM, Vam Monaco said:

Just curious, how do you link MrRide to Chicway? Id like to verify that the fraudster from Chicway really is the same as MrRide

On 11/21/2021 at 10:45 AM, PharmaCyclist said:

You keep posting in favor of Chicway - maybe you have a vested interest - I am guessing you did not read the eventual conclusion to this Saga where Chicway (AKA Mr Scamnmer) was finally required to refund my monies by Paypal and now will not say anything as he has no defense. Your arguments are hilarious - you must be in cahoots with your buddy Mr Chicway (also known as intelligent walking shop, green fashion, etc etc... - each scam ends up being a different name I suppose). How much kick back do you get for defending them without even bothering to investigate the full story??

BTW: for the record - I gave this scammer multiple opportunities to refund the funds - I must have wasted at least 100 hours in trying to resolve the issue (wish I could bill him for this colossal waste of time but of course he hides in China with a warehouse in US that just emboldens him in his scammy ways. Eventually after reporting my credit card company to the cfpb as Chicway had even managed to convince them that he did not have the product back (when in fact he did and he knew he did) the credit card company forced Paypal to go after Chicway and that is when he finally refunded the funds (not voluntarily). So in my book if you do not honor your word and try to scam a customer out of their hard earned money you are a scammer

Edited by kitemi
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, kitemi said:

you did not read the eventual conclusion to this Saga where Chicway (AKA Mr Scamnmer) was finally required to refund my monies by Paypal

To be fair, Paypal and credit card companies will nearly always side with the buyer anyway, irrespective of who is at fault.

and now will not say anything as he has no defense.

I suspect that the last person he wishes to speak to is yourself, defensibly or otherwise.

you must be in cahoots with your buddy Mr Chicway (also known as intelligent walking shop, green fashion, etc etc... - each scam ends up being a different name I suppose).

I know this wasn't directed at myself but I have purchased wheels from Intelligent Walking and Green Fashion, as have many others on this forum. I had zero issues. And no I don't have a vested interest in any company.

BTW: for the record - I gave this scammer multiple opportunities to refund the funds - I must have wasted at least 100 hours in trying to resolve the issue (wish I could bill him for this colossal waste of time

Giving a seller an opportunity to fully refund you and you thinking that you are entitled to it are two completely different things.

And you spent a solid two and a half weeks working time trying to get a refund for a wheel that you ordered but changed your mind on later? Wow.

Oh well, you got what you wanted. Nothing to see here now.

25 minutes ago, litewave said:

I have had a recent negative experience as well that is currently in dispute. I did my homework, and have documentation. I was promised a refund. It never happened. 

Ye Im not surprised. 

I am, however, surprised by how multiple users in this thread join the conversation to question stories about serious problems with the argument that they got what they ordered and "people should do their research".

Humans will be human, I guess.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Planemo said:

To be fair, Paypal and credit card companies will nearly always side with the buyer anyway, irrespective of who is at fault.

Actually Chicway even conned them into believing that the package was not returned - Paypal agreed and so did the credit card company - I was pretty much screwed until I managed to get a hold of the warehouse manager (it's a shared warehouse and he provided proof that the package was indeed recieved) Chicway refused to even acknowledge it after the fact... - I just want  to clarify here so people realize that there is a serious issue dealing with these shops and to be aware of what they are getting into. Hey I got my money back but was definitely not worth the hassle.

I suspect that the last person he wishes to speak to is yourself, defensibly or otherwise.

Oh quite right - The scammer got caught redhanded and met his match - at one point he even had the nerve to suggest that I will never get the money as he knows all the tricks - I have this in a skype conversation - this guy lies with impunity and appears to be assisted by hoards of people who are willing to help him perpetuate the scam

Giving a seller an opportunity to fully refund you and you thinking that you are entitled to it are two completely different things.

And you spent a solid two and a half weeks working time trying to get a refund for a wheel that you ordered but changed your mind on later? Wow.

Oh well, you got what you wanted. Nothing to see here now.

Funny - The seller was the one who offered a refund once I mail the merch back - so he was not doing me a favor as you seem to imply...

Again incorrect - yes I changed my mind but when I reached out to him within 10 minutes of placing the order all I got was crickets and then when he responded 3 days and 5 emails later (when the website says they will respond right away) and said all I had to do is refuse the package and he will refund the monies as I offered to even buy a different product and then refusing to honor his commitment - that is a scam

Sorry I disagree - lots to see here people - just stay away from Chicway, intelligent walking shop, green fashions etc - why does he need to operate under different names if he is on the up and up?? Maybe eventually people will catch on to his evil ways and the newcomers will have a better experience

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 2:42 PM, KPul said:

Just curious, how do you link MrRide to Chicway? Id like to verify that the fraudster from Chicway really is the same as MrRide

I ordered from MrRide and when I opened the box there was a flyer that said "THANKS FOR CHOOSING CHICWAY SHOP!" with a link to their website and some bologna about how I'm a "VIP" or whatever.

But what do I know? I'm just a geographical idiot who was almost dumb enough to give MrRide another $800 for an RS. Can you IMAGINE dealing with this guy for warranty support? God, that would be a nightmare.

Edited by Vam Monaco
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Is it wrong of me to grin in the knowledge that I can make a phone call and more than likely get to the buisness owner who is selling me PEV's? I've never met the guy in person, but I have no doubts I could call up and say "Hey let me talk to that dumb SOB Jason, I've got some bitc*in to do." I'd bet money that he would get on the phone, or I'd get a call back. See, you know you spent the money in the right place, when the seller realizes insults also come from happy customers :P

I think its becoming common that customers and owners BOTH, are seeing people as $$ signs rather than people. Its whoafully common to be misled. Its even becoming difficult to expect a 'bizz' to even be transparent enough to list an address. Maybe I'm just getting bitter as time goes by, but my desire to buy from a responsible person, is nearly outweighing the product itself. I can say with certainty that if I didnt have any euc retailers that I could trust, I'd much rather find another hobby, than directly pay some overseas a**hole who wouldnt bat an eye to lie. IDGAF if the lying is inconsequential. Just the fact I'm being lied to, makes it consequential. People who chase the cheapest price are not making it any easier for those of us who DEMAND more and are realistic enough to know it comes at a price.

Agree 100% with you on this @ShanesPlanet .   There was no way I was sending thousands of dollars to some stranger in a foreign country which treats ripping off westerners as a national sport.  I'd rather let our local retailer take that risk and am happy to pay a premium to them for their courage.

Roll.nz have looked after me and have a customer for life because of it. 

• Like 3