New 16" GOTWAY ACM

Being a full size man I ride with full pressure on the tire. This tubes and valves leak done pressure over time. All 1/2 month I've to check the tire pressure and need to fill up some air. 

Why don't curve out an area to check tire pressure without unscrewing any part?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure of the reference with unscrewing something, is it a panel?  I thought it was normal to check tire pressure every two weeks.  I think all bike tires lose air over time but I don't expect it leaking out of the valve, does it?  (If I feel up to it I'll google this but... nah, I don't have an issue with it at all).

I don't have a Ninebot One for three reasons - one is the size and weight, isn't the shell a bit big for a 16-inch, and heavy - two is the range - three is I got over the design.  I thought it looked great at first but I missed buying it when it came out and later didn't buy when it was upgraded and so now very unlikely that I'd get one.

The MCM4 shell on the other hand is very compact but a bit too much so and is too tight for the tire.  They'll need to change that or get skinnier tires for it which I wouldn't mind, might be interesting.  The current tire is marked as 40-50 psi and I am able to ride at the lower 40s but higher pressure generally will start rubbing inside (it does improve from when it was new).  On the other hand the ride is pretty good - bouncy which is good for little bumps and over bad terrain.  I left it at soft factory settings to learn that way and it does have benefits like it's easier over cracks and little ledges.  It is heavy but the momentum seems to help it give a stable ride.  Adjust the pedals to a "V" configuration for better ground clearance.

This Gotway 16" shell look about the same width as Ninebot only taller because of the permanent handle vs Ninebot's hideaway handle.  Gotway though will have the advantage of using the shell for larger battery capacities.

I don't mind a larger shell when it serves a purpose - like the Kingsong 18 where it's so tall it becomes a feature - for sitting while riding and probably not needing a trolley handle (almost!) since it's so tall.  I gotta have one!  :lol:

On 8. Januar 2016 at 8:29 AM, Дмитрий Дмитрий said:

they will be available in March

IMG_3484.JPG

What's the mock up left from the chair at the wall in the next room? Is that a 18" prototype for case design? So we can expect same (very good) style of casing for the 18" as for the ACM 16"? 

The ACM looked so beautiful. Gotway looks like to loose market share by time against Kingsong:

- Faster development, more innovations

- at least 3-4 month ahead establishing trusted App Store apps

- very agil drive handling

But let see if we get some more videos.

My current ranking for buying decision:

New MSuper (if not available by start of April it opts out)

looking at ACM 16 (it not available by start of April, to soft, not enough power it opts out)

KS18 800/1100 W (as a new version with redesigned case like the new MSuper it will be on first place)

KS 16

As we buy a KS16 for my wife I'll test it. If it's OK for me than it could be a second for me.  

26 minutes ago, OliverH said:

The ACM looked so beautiful. Gotway looks like to loose market share by time against Kingsong:

- Faster development, more innovations

- at least 3-4 month ahead establishing trusted App Store apps

- very agil drive handling

But let see if we get some more videos.

My current ranking for buying decision:

New MSuper (if not available by start of April it opts out)

looking at ACM 16 (it not available by start of April, to soft, not enough power it opts out)

KS18 800/1100 W (as a new version with redesigned case like the new MSuper it will be on first place)

KS 16

As we buy a KS16 for my wife I'll test it. If it's OK for me than it could be a second for me.  

Read first the review of the KS-16 here:

4 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Read first the review of the KS-16 here:

I've seen this before. Still some photos and videos missing. I ride currently a 16" EU. Again a 16" would be nice if commuting would be possible (street legal usage). So a 18" would better fit to my offroad/ forrest tours. The big tire has less problems with urban roads and stones on the trails.

On 1/8/2016 at 1:27 PM, Zody said:

Thank you SlowMo I have heard good things about Kingsong and notice is a popular buy around the forums. I will check them out as well and also learn more about the tilt-back feature.

Here's video of the tilt-back feature on the Kingsong 14C. You see they are going really fast (~18 mph) and the tiltback does its job on preventing them from going any faster. And obviously no sudden cut off. Ninebot and Airwheels tilt-back too but at slower speeds.

On 1/13/2016 at 7:26 AM, OliverH said:

I've seen this before. Still some photos and videos missing. I ride currently a 16" EU. Again a 16" would be nice if commuting would be possible (street legal usage). So a 18" would better fit to my offroad/ forrest tours. The big tire has less problems with urban roads and stones on the trails.

Here's video I took on the Kingsong 16 inch. I wrote my short review on it in my EUCs CES 2016 thread and in general it felt really good. I wish I could have taken it outside to really test it though.

12 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Maybe Gotway  is history in the making? :D:D:D

Gotway maybe come in time with the ACM. But they're late to the party. With bigger issues (still no power cut prevention, less power than KS 16) they will loose some more market in Europe. The MSuper looks like to be to late for this year season as no further details, prototype shots are available. Same here with the power cut issue. Gotway can fill the gap to Kingsong but they must become a bit faster and more innovative/ better designed (look and feel) and less Christmas/ Asian blinking LEDs.

Just now, OliverH said:

Gotway maybe come in time with the ACM. But they're late to the party. With bigger issues (still no power cut prevention, less power than KS 16) they will loose some more market in Europe. The MSuper looks like to be to late for this year season as no further details, prototype shots are available. Same here with the power cut issue. Gotway can fill the gap to Kingsong but they must become a bit faster and more innovative/ better designed (look and feel) and less Christmas/ Asian blinking LEDs.

Yep. They're becoming  more and more obsolete.

4 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Yep. They're becoming  more and more obsolete.

Not obsolete. I wouldn't write them off. They need more time to get on their new platform. If quality is good and features as from market requested is has a good ending. But we definetly need some message from Gotway if it's worth to wait.

3 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Not obsolete. I wouldn't write them off. They need more time to get on their new platform. If quality is good and features as from market requested is has a good ending. But we definetly need some message from Gotway if it's worth to wait.

The problem with Gotway is that they have no representative to give proper information about their products. You cannot get proper information even if you look at their website.

So it leaves all the guesswork to the buyer and if the buyer is more analytical and safety conscious as most of our forum members, then he will not choose to buy their products and go for the product that he thinks would better suit his needs. 

1 hour ago, SlowMo said:

The problem with Gotway is that they have no representative to give proper information about their products. You cannot get proper information even if you look at their website.

So it leaves all the guesswork to the buyer and if the buyer is more analytical and safety conscious as most of our forum members, then he will not choose to buy their products and go for the product that he thinks would better suit his needs. 

This in one of the major issues. As I started to look for an EU in autum 2014 I found not the relevant information on any manufacturer site. We all know they're small and they love social media. But looking on the Facebook site of Gotway when a customer has a question he didn't get the information in the first attempt since they changed from @Jane Mo to Gotway account posting news. Not sure if Jane still doing (I think not) the stuff or someone like Donald Lin.

As a customer I've very simple questions:
Has the manufacturer an EU fitting my demands?
Something like a buyer guide (what are differences (tire size, motor power, battery capacity, riders weight, commute, tours, offroad,.. => categories))
Where can I buy an EU in my country or Online? => You can read something like this on this sites: It's not our strategy to post our sales network public => sorry for disturbing I don't know where to buy/ where to make a test ride
Where do I get support/ service/ parts?
and so on..

User experience is not on the best level on this webpages. It would need a week of work to make a concept and implement it after that.

It's the decision of a company when they like to post something or allowed to post special information (shareholder stuff, as they all state to be Limited companies this should be no issue). But a company must be aware on which date a market has important timeframes and when is buying decision time. But than we talk about business plans/ marketing strategy/ production forecast/..

• 5 weeks later...

Archived