New 16" GOTWAY ACM

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for posting the pictures, Дмитрий.

Very interesting and tempting.

easthetically pleasing, but i am not crazy about the fact that it looks rectangular when viewe from the side, and also the concave surfaces at the edges, no reason to save space in those spots - i think there should be soeakers there:)

2 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Thank you for posting the pictures, Дмитрий.

Very interesting and tempting.

easthetically pleasing, but i am not crazy about the fact that it looks rectangular when viewe from the side, and also the concave surfaces at the edges, no reason to save space in those spots - i think there should be soeakers there:)

Maximum compartment place for batteries?

7 minutes ago, Дмитрий Дмитрий said:

battery 680 Wh and 850Wh

Совсем даже неплохо...

I was gonna go for. 16" kingsong around March this year but now i am not so sure . Might pull the trigger on this little puppy! I guess the reliable tiltback function will break the tie for me!

For checking tire pressure you need to unscrew this small cap down the pedals? Or what does should it be for? How often can you unscrew it before it brakes?

Let the shell go down the pedals it's like on the MSuper it will break by doing heavy rides and jumps. I know a MSuper where both bottom ends of the shell broke. 

I'm new to the whole EUC scene and really interested in getting one. So I started researching the top highly rated consumer brands and it seems Ninebot and Gotway are the popular ones. The higher top speeds and motor power of the GW line attracted me so I started researching and even though GW has a great feedback history from the community I can't help noticing some people posting about their sudden power shut offs involving GW and yes they are going at speed but not the max speed. Even then a EUC should not just completely shut off in the middle of a trip, this is actually really scary.

This guy fell and turned his hands into beef jerkey

This one actually broke his clavicle and even suffered brain damage (memory loss) and needs surgery

At this point I am aware EUC are still a new concept and new tech and everyone to get one now is considered an early-adopter I guess but things like this really put me on the fence. I really want one, mostly for fun and for inner city transportation but if one of the top brands has a fatal flaw like this that could potentially cost you your life then imagine how dangerous the generic brands are.

This is why I ask, I am hoping this issue gets resolved so that if I am gonna spend several hundred dollars on their product I have piece of mind that it is a powerful EUC with the appropriate safety features that are required to control that amount of power.

5 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Then why did he mention "random" when we all know it's predictable?

It's random because their battery had plenty of power left and all they did was cruise at a fixed speed. It could be a higher speed yes, but with no warning whatsoever. I call that random. What's the point of buying a EUC that will shut off and faceplant you if you wanna ride the faster speeds?

6 hours ago, Zody said:

I'm new to the whole EUC scene and really interested in getting one. So I started researching the top highly rated consumer brands and it seems Ninebot and Gotway are the popular ones. The higher top speeds and motor power of the GW line attracted me so I started researching and even though GW has a great feedback history from the community I can't help noticing some people posting about their sudden power shut offs involving GW and yes they are going at speed but not the max speed. Even then a EUC should not just completely shut off in the middle of a trip, this is actually really scary.

This guy fell and turned his hands into beef jerkey

This one actually broke his clavicle and even suffered brain damage (memory loss) and needs surgery

At this point I am aware EUC are still a new concept and new tech and everyone to get one now is considered an early-adopter I guess but things like this really put me on the fence. I really want one, mostly for fun and for inner city transportation but if one of the top brands has a fatal flaw like this that could potentially cost you your life then imagine how dangerous the generic brands are.

This is why I ask, I am hoping this issue gets resolved so that if I am gonna spend several hundred dollars on their product I have piece of mind that it is a powerful EUC with the appropriate safety features that are required to control that amount of power.

It's random because their battery had plenty of power left and all they did was cruise at a fixed speed. It could be a higher speed yes, but with no warning whatsoever. I call that random. What's the point of buying a EUC that will shut off and faceplant you if you wanna ride the faster speeds?

The first issue you pointed out had all the warning beeps shouting before the cut-off.

The second incident had no recall of the actual event.

Just buy the safest brand and your worries will be over. The Gotway brand has never and will never implement proper tilt-back on their hardware. Kingsong is already is proven for their safety implementation of tilting-back at max speeds and is therefore highly recommended for people who wants to push their machines to the limit.

I don't like it. The case of the 16" is too big, covers too much of the wheel. For 16" I'm liking the King Song much better, and for 18" the upcoming GotWay Msuper revision is fantastic!

2 hours ago, edwin_rm said:

I don't like it. The case of the 16" is too big, covers too much of the wheel. For 16" I'm liking the King Song much better, and for 18" the upcoming GotWay Msuper revision is fantastic!

Yeah, the 16" kinda look like a box in a circular frame. I hope they would get rid of the moustache of the KS-16 though.

On 1/8/2016 at 9:33 AM, OliverH said:

For checking tire pressure you need to unscrew this small cap down the pedals? Or what does should it be for? How often can you unscrew it before it brakes?

Why would you unscrew it more than once anyway? 

Archived