New 16" GOTWAY ACM

I think all new EU should have a trolley handle. I own a generic chinese EU that has a trolley handle and I found it extremely usefull. There are many places where you cannot ride your EU (shops, offices, markets) but you may carry it with you, so I think nobody want to hold up a 15Kg device around for a long time (it could be very harmful for your spinal column). This is why my next EU will certainly feature a trolley handle.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with @Frankman on a trolley handle. A 14-inch wheel is often light enough that you can pick it up and carry it. An 18-inch wheel is large enough that you can leave it on and roll it around by the fixed handle on top without leaning down a lot. A 16-inch wheel with a big battery is too heavy to carry for very long and too short to push around by a built-in solid handle! I just added another battery to my 16-inch Firewheel and the extra 1.5kg makes a big difference in how well I can carry it now. However, I cannot find a trolley handle to fit it. There may be the same problem with the ACM, at least for a while, until someone makes a custom one.

We should just realize that If a trolley handle is integrated, it better be a qood quality one. Otherwise i will take an add on handle any tume of day over the built in. When one is learning, and the wheel falls and rolls a lot, a weak handle can get damaged, and if its an add on, it can be easily replaced, but not so easy to replace when integrated. Also, an add on handle has a secondary function - it effectively protects one side of the wheel from cratches and bruises in case of a fall.

• 1 month later...

I'm waiting for the first one to one test of KS16A and ACM 16. From specs the ACM should outperform the KS16 in all areas (1500 W rated, 3000 W peak, 45 (Gotway) km/h vs. 800 W rated, 2400 W peak, 30 km/h). Both should be good for inclines, long tours but is there such a big difference like the specs advertise?

10 hours ago, OliverH said:

I'm waiting for the first one to one test of KS16A and ACM 16. From specs the ACM should outperform the KS16 in all areas (1500 W rated, 3000 W peak, 45 (Gotway) km/h vs. 800 W rated, 2400 W peak, 30 km/h). Both should be good for inclines, long tours but is there such a big difference like the specs advertise?

All of the specs I have read show that the KS16 also peaks at 3000w but with nominal 800w. Where did you hear of 2400w?

2 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

All of the specs I have read show that the KS16 also peaks at 3000w but with nominal 800w. Where did you hear of 2400w?

That was measuarings with the KS14, if I remember right. I think KS states the 3 KW on the KS 18 with 1100 W (labeled 1200 W on the motor hub). 

But today most values are estimations and not measuring based on e.g. ISO 60034-1.

On 2016/2/27 at 10:39 PM, dmethvin said:

I agree with @Frankman on a trolley handle. A 14-inch wheel is often light enough that you can pick it up and carry it. An 18-inch wheel is large enough that you can leave it on and roll it around by the fixed handle on top without leaning down a lot. A 16-inch wheel with a big battery is too heavy to carry for very long and too short to push around by a built-in solid handle! I just added another battery to my 16-inch Firewheel and the extra 1.5kg makes a big difference in how well I can carry it now. However, I cannot find a trolley handle to fit it. There may be the same problem with the ACM, at least for a while, until someone makes a custom one.

Our factory will customize the trolley handle for ACM, once we launch out the ACM,, we will have the trolley handle for it. Dont worry about this problem. Thanks!

12 hours ago, OliverH said:

The motor power will be the real data, but for the max speed, there should be a little error when been test from different ways, the app designed for the certain wheel can calculate the speed via the cycling of rolling, the higher tire pressure and low tire pressure will cause the uncorrected data of the speed. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Linneaunicycles said:

The motor power will be the real data, but for the max speed, there should be a little error when been test from different ways, the app designed for the certain wheel can calculate the speed via the cycling of rolling, the higher tire pressure and low tire pressure will cause the uncorrected data of the speed. Thanks!

If we follow directives of how to display speed there 're rules for vehicles how much they must show more in advance and that it's not allowed to show less than reality. I've no problem with showing more. But I'm not a high speed freak where one km/h more counts. This wheels are to fast anyway. Upcoming regulations will limit this. Only competition versions will run open speed.

I mentioned the (Gotway) km/h only because of the discussion starts every time Gotway km/h vs. Ninebot km/h measuring.

4 hours ago, OliverH said:

That was measuarings with the KS14, if I remember right. I think KS states the 3 KW on the KS 18 with 1100 W (labeled 1200 W on the motor hub). 

But today most values are estimations and not measuring based on e.g. ISO 60034-1.

The ks16 is stated at 3000 max

the KS 18 with 1200w Motor is with 3500 Max...

6 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

The ks16 is stated at 3000 max

the KS 18 with 1200w Motor is with 3500 Max...

I'll compare a KS16 800 with my MSuper next week (if it arrive in time). I'm interested in the technological improvement and development. The MSuper is old from design compared to the KS16.

All this values are guessing and advertising. I don't trust any value. But I keep them for comparison ;)

1 hour ago, OliverH said:

I'll compare a KS16 800 with my MSuper next week (if it arrive in time). I'm interested in the technological improvement and development. The MSuper is old from design compared to the KS16.

All this values are guessing and advertising. I don't trust any value. But I keep them for comparison ;)

For sure this are just Marketing values!

i just wanted to Point out that the 1200Watt Motor is anounced with 3500W max....

Gotway never mentioned a "max-value" for the 1500W Motor? Or did they?

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

For sure this are just Marketing values!

i just wanted to Point out that the 1200Watt Motor is anounced with 3500W max....

Gotway never mentioned a "max-value" for the 1500W Motor? Or did they?

They said around 3000W Peak..

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/3573-gotway-2016-new-16-inch-model-acm-specifications/

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4041

If someone says "trust me I'm in sales" I trust him ;) 

There was a post on Gotways Facebook page regarding the ACM more powerful than MSuper:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.832706743541421.1073741856.572376252907806&type=3&comment_id=835471953264900&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R0%22%7D

16 hours ago, OliverH said:

ACM motor power is stronger than Msuper.

3 hours ago, Linneaunicycles said:

So what is The Max Batterie(wh) then in The ACM? With a more powerful Motor The Batterie should also get Stronger?!

3 hours ago, Linneaunicycles said:

I bought the wrong EU :( Let's see what the new MSuper will have ;)

There're rumors that the batteries are not real parallel like on the MSuper. Is it true, that Gotway changed over to the almost parallel serialisation of battery packs like Kingsong (which I personally don't like and makes no sense with the new stronger motors)?

On 03/30/2016 at 9:04 AM, Linneaunicycles said:

There are 680wh and 820wh battery capacity of ACM optional. Thanks

And could you tell how firmware is upgraded, on case of? Or do the reseller need to exchange the board itself?

Also, could we be updated when ACM will be shipped out from Shenzen? Thanks Linnea

5 hours ago, Linneaunicycles said:

How about torque? Is it higher than the gotway 18 type 3 high torque in torque? Because higher power does not necessarily  mean higher torque since the motor could be winded for speed instead of torque. Will the ACM be sold with choice of motor windings for torque, medium, and speed?

1 hour ago, checho said:

How about torque? Is it higher than the gotway 18 type 3 high torque in torque? Because higher power does not necessarily  mean higher torque since the motor could be winded for speed instead of torque. Will the ACM be sold with choice of motor windings for torque, medium, and speed?

We need power measuring on base of IEC 60034-1. All other values are guessing and not trustable. You would like to compare the torque curves and not a special point only.

In regards the ACM I get the bad feeling it is a motor optimized for speed or a medium, and not torque, we will know for sure when it is released and forum member publish their results on hill climbing tests with users that weight 100kg or over.

Torque it is needed for safety reasons, most of us will not be traveling at 45 KM/H with no torque left to balance us, which is the main cause for faceplants, going at 45KM/H and a little stone less than 3 cm hight can faceplant you.

As a reference the gotway 18 LS type 3, can only go 28 KM/H and it is a 1000w motor, the ACM it is officially 1500W, if we use proportions, the ACM motor is 1.5 times more  powerful (50% more official power), 28 x 1.5 = 42 KM/H < 45 KM/H

My theoretical conclusion is that it is more like a medium torque motor, it would be great if we had a high torque version.

But since the power was increased and a new 18" will be released lets wait and see, it would be nice if the new 18" it is a high torque motor 2000w nominal power at least, max safety even on the worst possible roads.

it will also be great if that when the new 18 is released it has 3 versions of the motor, to cover all needs for different users.

light weight rider on flats -->  hight speed version.

average person on average city --> medium speed

heavy person off road --> high torque.

Archived