New 16" GOTWAY ACM

IMHO better reference is MCM4 with 800W motor, top speed 40 km/h. With almost double power and only minor increase in top speed, torque of ACM should be at least 60% higher. I'm quite satisfied with torque of MCM4 HS, I've not yet experienced cutoff due to insufficient torque.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎30‎.‎03‎.‎2016 at 4:27 AM, Linneaunicycles said:

ACM motor power is stronger than Msuper.

The motor power is (still) not enough to reach in a safe manner the advertised speed. Give me the power/ torque curve and I'll show the limit in a graph.

8 hours ago, chriscalandro said:

Where and how do you get these in USA? I have searched and searched and found nothing. 

Hi, this is Linnea from GotWay factory. We are seeking US distributors at the moment, and will introduce you to have a try there when we have distributors in your city. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Got yesterday feedback from a friend regarding his new ACM.

- more Power than his MSuper 850 Wh, a beast

- very agile

- much more stable than the 14" class (he has a MCM2s also)

- mud keeps in the wheel housing

Looks like he's amazed and may be it's a hit. We need to do a comparison. My wife's KS16 will likely go through customs today and should arrive today.

On 4/8/2016 at 3:39 PM, chriscalandro said:

Where and how do you get these in USA? I have searched and searched and found nothing. 

I bought mine from here and am having it shipped to Arizona: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Pre-order-Gotway-ACM16-680WH-820WH-Electric-unicycle-one-wheel-motor-1500W-speed-40-Bluetooth-USB/1908673_32616029829.html

They ship it in 2 separate packages with the battery removed so that it doesn't get held up in customs.

4 hours ago, esaj said:

"This video is unavailable" :(

I'm sorry,  I can't repair the link right now.  For some reason Youtube doesn't like me anymore :angry:

Linnea kindly posted the videos in another fred here.

Anyway: the ACM felt very stable and comfy right away.  The shell looks good and proportions appear just right for a 16 inch wheel. Acceleration is powerful,  but for high speed  testing,  GotWay positively needs a bigger shopfloor :lol:.  Top speed is listed at 45km/h, tilt back at 39km/h. Those pads on the sides are the best choice I have seen  so far: they nicely cushion your chins, but allow perfect control.

As a matter of  personal  preference, I like the fact, they don't bother with disco speakers and fairy lights.

16 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

I'm sorry,  I can't repair the link right now.  For some reason Youtube doesn't like me anymore :angry:

Linnea kindly posted the videos in another fred here.

Anyway: the ACM felt very stable and comfy right away.  The shell looks good and proportions appear just right for a 16 inch wheel. Acceleration is powerful,  but for high speed  testing,  GotWay positively needs a bigger shopfloor :lol:.  Top speed is listed at 45km/h, tilt back at 39km/h. Those pads on the sides are the best choice I have seen  so far: they nicely cushion your chins, but allow perfect control.

As a matter of  personal  preference, I like the fact, they don't bother with disco speakers and fairy lights.

How is the stiffness? Is "madden-mode" available?

3 hours ago, esaj said:

How is the stiffness? Is "madden-mode" available?

Uhh,  I forgot to ask. Linnea mentioned,  that stiffness is adjustable and it sure felt like I'm used to (only using madden mode with my Msuper)

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2016 at 3:39 PM, chriscalandro said:

Not sure if you've already found a source, but you can get them here: http://www.Tec-Toyz.com   US distributor.  Ask for Nevin.  He can do custom orders too.

Thought I'd add this for future visitors of this thread...

• 3 months later...

Archived