Another fine example of Begode build quality...

It’s a shame. Gotway/Begode would likely be the best wheels on the market if they had better build qualities. Guess it’ll be a while longer before I even consider getting one…

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

“why is it considered good“

Because there it a lot of terrain in the world for which Gotway is the fastest EUC currently available.

And I'm not talking about pavement...

ACtC-3cMEN22Wy4MSGrpMmt5huQ988ZP4HxvxR5N

But you know this well, tire-sensei ;)

And yes, the firmware certainly has room for improvement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Hold up!! Big misunderstanding!!  This was actually an added feature. GotWay heard about the cool V12 fake motor sounds and wanted to keep up. They added the zip ties as a card in the bicycles spokes kind of set up. Vroooooooom , :w00t2:

Now as sad as it is that is just too funny feature.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Because there it a lot of terrain in the world for which Gotway is the fastest EUC currently available.

And I'm not talking about pavement...

ACtC-3cMEN22Wy4MSGrpMmt5huQ988ZP4HxvxR5N

But you know this well, tire-sensei ;)

And yes, the firmware certainly has room for improvement.

And sometimes you had so much fun you decided on democratic terms with your wheel to take the forest with you home?

• Like 1

The question here is though are we as riders as much to blame as the company?

I mean as long people keep buying wheels regardless then they will keep cutting corners or bigger holes and get away with it. 

Hands up, all brands do things this way to some extend. 

But it just shows how fierce the competition is that cost is such a big driver that things like this happens.

I just can't help thinking that people that want top speed and range still chose this at the level of assembly. That is the thing I don't get. More speed means more forces are in play. It might hold up the first 12 months...but when it give in what happens then? The NYC ride style? Very little room for error in those maneuvers. 

I don't know. I am not paying for that. I rather pay 10% more to get a secure assembly. I doubt we will see problem free wheels as next model are so fast pushed out still. 

But have we reached a point now that people realise build quality matters? Wheel fires didn't do it. Cover and shell part? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Unventor said:

But it just shows how fierce the competition is that cost is such a big driver that things like this happens.

I don't believe this has anything to do with cost cutting. They just didn't care to do a proper fix after the wrong holes were drilled.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I don't believe this has anything to do with cost cutting. They just didn't care to do a proper fix after the wrong holes were drilled.

There are so many other ways to handle this but they lead to delays and in the end cost increase. Like new screams that fits or replacing parts and delays that cost extra for already planned logistics/shipping booked. 

It is costing time no matter what. And old saying in business time equal money. Lost time is equaliant to cost.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Summary: They drilled some holes too big and stuffed zip ties into them to have something for their screws to attach. Seriously. (Also the zip ties would scratch the tire and make noise.)

crazy :facepalm:

9 hours ago, mrelwood said:

After 14000km on an MSX and then 5000km on a V11, I rode the MSP for 60km last saturday due to a flat on my V11. I kept thinking about “the Gotway glide”. I settled in medium mode on the MSP, and calibrated the wheel just before the ride.

Two days later, I’m still thinking about it. Especially as a question of “why is it considered good“. And I still don’t know. Of course after my 16S the stability of the MSX ride modes were incredibly nice and they inspired confidence. But after the V11 the trademark GW dip in turns, and the partially illogical swaying when switching between braking, accelerating and cruising, the slight tilt-back at 35km/h that goes away by 40km/h, only three ride modes, and the strong forward dip in rough terrain…

None of it just makes sense to me any more. The V11 doesn’t dip in turns on rough terrain, the softness of the pedal setting behaves the same in all situations, the response can be set close to the equivalent of GW hard, it has two different response curves, both with a hardness slider from 0 to 100, it doesn’t growl in steep slow inclines, which it pulls up with less effort, it gets to speed easier, and so on.

Is GW going to address the competition having catched up via their long awaited upgradable firmware? Or are people going to stop praising the GW FW once they realize that it’s actually not very good anymore? Or am I completely alone with my findings?

you should try a last gen firmware, way different from msp, most of what you are talking about do not exist anymore and they ride amazing.

but i agree with you on v11 , inmotion fw is really good ;)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EMA said:

you should try a last gen firmware, way different from msp, most of what you are talking about do not exist anymore and they ride amazing.

Now that’s reassuring to hear! Unfortunately I don’t know of a single local RS or EX rider. Hopefully I’ll have the chance to try them some day.

15 hours ago, EMA said:

but i agree with you on v11 , inmotion fw is really good ;)

It is! Can’t stop dreaming of the V13 with a big battery and a more durable and sensitive suspension!

(I don’t really know what the next Inmotion will be called, what it’s improves on, nor when it’ll be published.)

• Like 2