What's your mileage, time of ownership and issues?

Simply_Striking

Joining the Shermites after having an RS19 as my 1st wheel. Manged to put 2300 miles on it in under 6 months only issue I had was a broken fan. Getting a Sherman because I'm starting to ride like an ass, and it's Killin the range and rain anxiety... So what's your mileage and issues?

Edited by Simply_Striking

Nice choice (says the other Sherman owner)

Had mine for 11 month, 5500Km (low mileage due to restrictions).

The only issue it had was fairly major: the charger blew, killing the controller board charge circuits at the same time.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

Had mine since November 2020 and total mileage would add up to a total of approx. 3000km (was out of action waiting on parts on two separate occasions)

42 minutes ago, null said:

The only issue it had was fairly major: the charger blew, killing the controller board charge circuits at the same time.

Just like @null, I suffered the exact same issue and had to replace the control board!

48 minutes ago, null said:

Repeating @null's quote again here, because believe it or not I suffered the same charger issue TWICE!

You can read the more detailed information and commentary regarding this issue in my WARNING topic, as it was pinned to the top of the Veteran notice board by one of the moderators.

Have my Sherman since August 2020 with over 8000 kms so far.

Had to do a control board replacement at around 6,500 km because I managed to overpower/overlean the Sherman and blew out one of the capacitors.

Tire tread is worn down and no longer makes that aggressive angry swarm of hornets sound I really adore. The bearings are shot after my winter snow rides, so I’m in the process now of doing a bearing replacement. It is not easy I can tell you that. Will not be attempting this again. Purchased a spare motor and rim just in case. Will also be doing a tire and tube change once I get the new bearings seated.

Likely will be replacing the roll bars at 10,000km as they are pretty beat up. They have saved the wheel in the 6 falls/crashes I’ve had on the Sherman so far. LOL I remember each accident well, but I can save that for another post.

I can say with certainty the Sherman is a rock solid wheel. It has never let me down.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mango said:

Have my Sherman since August 2020 with over 8000 kms so far.

Had to do a control board replacement at around 6,500 km because I managed to overpower/overlean the Sherman and blew out one of the capacitors.

Tire tread is worn down and no longer makes that aggressive angry swarm of hornets sound I really adore. The bearings are shot after my winter snow rides, so I’m in the process now of doing a bearing replacement. It is not easy I can tell you that. Will not be attempting this again. Purchased a spare motor and rim just in case. Will also be doing a tire and tube change once I get the new bearings seated.

Likely will be replacing the roll bars at 10,000km as they are pretty beat up. They have saved the wheel in the 6 falls/crashes I’ve had on the Sherman so far. LOL I remember each accident well, but I can save that for another post.

I can say with certainty the Sherman is a rock solid wheel. It has never let me down.

I was acuy trying to find how to do a bearing change b on this wheel but couldn't find anything. Now your saying you would rather buy a while new motor...😮

I received my Sherman back in November, almost 4000miles, no major issues other than the total mileage resetting back to 0 at 650miles. DarknessBot app possibly had something to do with it.

Edited by orurio

10 hours ago, Simply_Striking said:

I was acuy trying to find how to do a bearing change b on this wheel but couldn't find anything. Now your saying you would rather buy a while new motor...😮

Special tools you’ll need for sure to do a bearing change are 1) bearing jaw puller and 2) blow torch. You’ll need to heat the motor cover to expand the aluminum in order for the bearings to pop out, either through gravity or popping it out with a small hammer. 

Now that I have done it, its not that hard and can do it again. I’m going to replace the motor maybe after another 5,000 kms as the motor magnets have started rusting. Not too bad but as long as I don’t ride in heavy rain or snow, it should last a while.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+-3 months 1040Km = 650miles. No problems. 

My riding style is not extreme no jumps or crazy things. No serious crash "yet". After i realise how weak is sherman in hard braking and climbing performance for heavy riders compare to my MSP 2500w i have mixed feelings and took some time for me to adapt this fact. 

simplified : i buy sherman again after my experience .... .. . ....... YES!

AhzYDpu.jpg   

Spoiler

YbUP8cZ.jpg

Edited by DjPanJan
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Arrived in late April 2021. Just hit 3000km today July 31st. No issues. Feels like getting more mileage and less wobbles after pumping up the tire. Pumped up once since I got this thing!

Edited by Kekafuch

I've had my Sherman for 3 months, I rode close to 1500km with it. The only issue I had was self-inflicted, I fried the motherboard due to a stupid mistake. Otherwise perfect, I freaking love this wheel.