EUC rider struck and killed by a car near San Francisco, 04May2021

This is sad news. There are no 2 way about it. 

People will continue to ride EUCs question is if some will consider if mingling with cars are a good idea in a week or two. I doubt it, unfortunately.

Especially when looking at V12 discussing and people craving for speed.

I can say I feel uncomfortable being in between cars. Sometimes it cannot be helped that is why I don't ride in black clothing.  

One can only hope we don't see many more these sad news in future. 

• Like 3

Extremely sad.

The initial report mentions a witness who saw that the rider "fell to the ground but didn’t get up."
It indicates that the initial crash was therefore not the car driver's responsibility, and maybe the fatal collision between the car and the man on the ground very hard to avoid especially in the dark.

It's a shame that the driver fled the scene after this accident, especially given the limited responsibility it had.

I don't know how much there is to learn from this deadly accident.
Maybe a focus on wearing protective gear that'll protect you enough that you remain in capacity of extracting yourself from the roadway in case of crash?

Condolences to family and friends.

Very sad news.

It seems like that would be a fairly old wheel (4 yrs?), likely being driven at around its limit, it'd be nice if someone could be able to look at the wheel and see what the battery condition is like. 

Edited by winterwheel

The URL shows "electric-unicycle", however the article title is "San Jose Man Killed In Hit-and-Run Collision After Falling Off Electric Scooter" and within the article, the "device" is referred to as a "one-wheel e-scooter". Did the editor change the vehicle status after initial publication?

• Like 1