I've now cleared the 1.000km mark!

Paulo Mesquita

I think this shouldn't be a major problem, as according to EUC World, there is quite noticeable EUC riders activity near Lisbon :)

• Like 1

Yeah, when I come to Portugal, I want to see an elderly EUC group wheeling around town like a bunch of kids...and say to the world "We can do it, so can you." Wouldn't that be a great promotion of EUCs?

2 hours ago, Seba said:

I think this shouldn't be a major problem, as according to EUC World, there is quite noticeable EUC riders activity near Lisbon :)

Yes its true, but we need to be extra careful. The law is not on our side and fortunately we're so few that for now we're almost unnoticed for now. I have a couple of acquaintances Newby and I'm planning on inviting them to my area since it seems a bit quiet and safe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubadragosan said:

Yeah, when I come to Portugal, I want to see an elderly EUC group wheeling around town like a bunch of kids...and say to the world "We can do it, so can you." Wouldn't that be a great promotion of EUCs?

Actually I do that every ride. I tell all kids I pass by that if I learned at 61... so can they 😁

52 minutes ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

Actually I do that every ride. I tell all kids I pass by that if I learned at 61... so can they 😁

That is cruel. Telling them to wait that long before they can join the fun. 🤣

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Congratulations on the million meter milestone! It means: a) you've graduated, and b) you are doomed. But we already knew you were doomed now didn't we?

About the B....

This is a matter of perspective.  We know he already invested in more wheels. 

On the other hand the good thing about being doomed is there is still time to enjoy and in a way things can almost only be better. 

So all in all that is great or?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Congratulations on the million meter milestone! It means: a) you've graduated, and b) you are doomed. But we already knew you were doomed now didn't we?

Quite! It's hard whdn I don't get my daily fix 😁

Congrats on the 1k! I started less than a month ago and have almost 500 so quickly catching up. I previously ridden an electric scooter and have to say that EUCs is just a completely different ball game, love that feeling of complete freedom! And I noticed that at least for me I'm much more polite driver on a euc than on a scooter, I guess because I'm more "in the environment" so to say.

I imagine there must be some sweet trails in Portugal, I live in Finland and love to take my Nikola out to forest trails and paths over here. Sad to hear they're not legal in Portugal, really no reason why such environmentally friendly and enjoyable devices should be treated so badly around Europe. Here in Finland they're kinda half-legal, meaning in principal they are allowed, but in reality just the cheapest and slowest devices are within the actual power and speed criterias allowed by the laws. But hey, I'm grateful for what we have because I've seen some real horror stories when it comes local laws in these forums and it's sad that so many of us have to feel like criminals just for enjoying our hobby. I say punish the behaviour, not the device :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKO said:

Congrats on the 1k! I started less than a month ago and have almost 500 so quickly catching up. I previously ridden an electric scooter and have to say that EUCs is just a completely different ball game, love that feeling of complete freedom! And I noticed that at least for me I'm much more polite driver on a euc than on a scooter, I guess because I'm more "in the environment" so to say.

I imagine there must be some sweet trails in Portugal, I live in Finland and love to take my Nikola out to forest trails and paths over here. Sad to hear they're not legal in Portugal, really no reason why such environmentally friendly and enjoyable devices should be treated so badly around Europe. Here in Finland they're kinda half-legal, meaning in principal they are allowed, but in reality just the cheapest and slowest devices are within the actual power and speed criterias allowed by the laws. But hey, I'm grateful for what we have because I've seen some real horror stories when it comes local laws in these forums and it's sad that so many of us have to feel like criminals just for enjoying our hobby. I say punish the behaviour, not the device :D

I totally agree with you, my friend. The other day I was on a Portuguese highway driving at the speed limit (120km/hour) and I almost had an deadly accident because of an animal that passed me at least at 250km/h!!! The wind tunnel almost through me and my smart for two off the highway!!!! 

... And the arent catching these animals and picking on e-vehicle riders!!! 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tasku said:

Hey @Paulo Mesquita ! Good to hear you hitting milestones.
I assume you solved your "shaking or dipping" feeling? 
Hope you have good trails out there, cause they can be endless explore. 

Hi @Tasku, I am riding quite casually now. My inner shins only touch, alternatively the wheel when I'm hard carving... which happens a lot since I love riding and carving almost the entire time. My usual tour/track is quite an interesting mix between wide and easy roads, harsh and badly paved roads with a lot of holes and repair bumps, cobblestone treacherous roads, a few dirt roads, very tight and small dead-ends and very silk smooth parking lots. And the occasional up and down the sidewalk and up and down steep roads... 😄😄😄😄.

It's quite an entertaining mix that keeps me busy, versatile and having fun... with a few scares one in a while... 

• Like 2