Look What I got for Christmas

SlowMo

22 minutes ago, Cloud said:

SloMo, have you tried riding it? I will never believe that you havent yet! How is it? Share the results of your max distance test. Max speed would be nice too but knwing you this is too much to ask for :) 

I have ridden only 7.5km making circles at our small park. So far  it is performing well with fast response on acceleration. It feels effortless when I ride it. The pedals are very comfortable although my shins touch the side padding just like my MCM2S and Generic X3. The pedal clearance of 100mm is also adequate for making tight  turns.

For the first time ever, I did not hear any complaints from my wife when she saw the MCM4 unlike before where she always tell me "This should be the last time ok? Please stop buying." I think she likes it. :D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SlowMo said:

Range test this morning. 340wh battery started at full charge with 50% remaining after the trip. Distance travelled  24.2 km. All at the comfort of my office chair (it was the wife who did the test). :)

Dont mean to pry, but now i just have to know how much your wife weighs!

1 hour ago, SlowMo said:

Range test this morning. 340wh battery started at full charge with 50% remaining after the trip. Distance travelled  24.2 km. All at the comfort of my office chair (it was the wife who did the test). :)

19 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Dont mean to pry, but now i just have to know how much your wife weighs!

18 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Around 55 kgs. :)

Thank you!  Ok..two conclusions...1. You are lucky man.   2.  the distance results you got with your gotway kick kingsong's battery ass... I am 102 kg and used to squeeze about 30-32 or so km until my 680wh battery would run out. @fearedbliss is 59kg and gets about 55 km on 680wh battery which is consistent with my results as it is proportional to our weights. 

It sounds like your wife is slightly lighter than fearedbliss but would get about 50 km on half the kingsong battery size!! If this is true, Gotway battery is about 40% more efficient...

However to be sure, please ask her to continue tomorrow until the battery is used up - half the battery left could be deciving and not precise enough. 

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

Thank you!  Ok..two conclusions...1. You are lucky man.   2.  the distance results you got with your gotway kick kingsong's battery ass... I am 102 kg and used to squeeze about 30-32 or so km until my 680wh battery would run out. @fearedbliss is 59kg and gets about 55 km on 680wh battery which is consistent with my results as it is proportional to our weights. 

It sounds like your wife is slightly lighter than fearedbliss but would get about 50 km on half the kingsong battery size!! If this is true, Gotway battery is about 40% mire efficient...

However to be sure, please ask her to continue tomorrow until the battery is used up - half the battery left could be deciving and not precise enough. 

Ok, I asked my daughter to use up the remaining battery power. She always does it just by riding back and forth along the hallway. She weighs 48 kgs.

So i got it! :D

I needed to go and pick up from DHL depot because i need to pay import duties of 54€

Battery is on the way, i will receive it today so i need to wait :rolleyes:

DSC_0249.JPG

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

It sounds like your wife is slightly lighter than fearedbliss but would get about 50 km on half the kingsong battery size!! If this is true, Gotway battery is about 40% mire efficient...

Man I am so sorry and I made a mistake in my calculation above. It now reads 33 - 7.5 = 25.5km mileage at 40% battery for the 340wh battery after my daughter has ridden it for some time. I am really poor in math. So in average the mileage should last only for around 30-35 km for a 60 kg person.

10 minutes ago, Jug said:

So i got it! :D

I needed to go and pick up from DHL depot because i need to pay import duties of 54€

Battery is on the way, i will receive it today so i need to wait :rolleyes:

Congratulations! It arrived just in time!  :) So I guess they shipped the battery separately to avoid any delay in the shipment? 

12 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

So I guess they shipped the battery separately to avoid any delay in the shipment? 

Yes, i think that is the cause, i ordered it 20 december so 8 days, it is really fast delivery! ;)

1 hour ago, SlowMo said:

Man I am so sorry and I made a mistake in my calculation above. It now reads 33 - 7.5 = 25.5km mileage at 40% battery for the 340wh battery after my daughter has ridden it for some time. I am really poor in math. So in average the mileage should last only for around 30-35 km for a 60 kg person

Ok, so if its 25km at 40%, Shouldnt it be more like 40km until battery runs out?  You may not be able to use up a 100% of the battery though, so maybe 35 is more relistic...

your results are now closer to but still better than kingsong's. A 60kg person can do up to 55 km on the new kingsong 680wh and it sounds like you could do 65-70 on Gotway on 680wh...

27 minutes ago, alexbot said:

@SlowMo so far, how does the mcm4 compare to the ips zero?

The 340wh mcm4 is right in my price range, but I would want the improvements of the HS model and they are recommending I go with the 680 battery, which is obviously too expensive. 

It will depend on your usage requirement. If you will be travelling for around 50-60 kilometers, then go for the 680wh battery. If you are a casual rider like me who rides only at the park and bike paths and travel normally around 20-25 kilometers, then the 340wh unit is more than enough. Then there would also be the "extreme" factor. If you are among the daring people who loves to take it to the edge, then a bigger battery pack should be considered. For the rest of the population who rides normally and safely, then the 340wh is adequate.

As for motor response between the Zero and MCM4-HS, the MCM4-HS wins. The MCM4-HS pedals are laid like more horizontal than the Zero which has a V pattern and both are comfortable to ride. Both pedals are good for tight turns. The MCM4-HS always has contact to the shins and provides better control.  I use the MCM4-HS more often than the Zero. We tested both on 25 deg. grassy slopes and both managed to climb with least effort.

You can't go wrong with either of these units but the bigger motor and Panasonic PF batteries of the MCM4-HS for me is a winner for a near similar price range.

I highly recommend buying from @unicycle distribution. Here's his shop link: :)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gotway-MCM4-130wh-260wh-340wh-520WH-680WH-electric-unicycle-one-wheel-scooter-800W-motor-max-speed/32468490098.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.11.jQ3Sr4&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201644_3_79_2_78_77_82_80_62_81_61,searchweb201560_1

3 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

It will depend on your usage requirement. If you will be travelling for around 50-60 kilometers, then go for the 680wh battery. If you are a casual rider like me who rides only at the park and bike paths and travel normally around 20-25 kilometers, then the 340wh unit is more than enough. Then there would also be the "extreme" factor. If you are among the daring people who loves to take it to the edge, then a bigger battery pack should be considered. For the rest of the population who rides normally and safely, then the 340wh is adequate.

As for motor response between the Zero and MCM4, the MCM4 wins. The MCM4 pedals are laid like more horizontal than the Zero which has a V pattern and both are comfortable to ride. Both pedals are good for tight turns. The MCM4 always has contact to the shins and provides better control.  I use the MCM4 more often than the Zero. We tested both on 25 deg. grassy slopes and both managed to climb with least effort.

You can't go wrong with either of these units but the bigger motor and Panasonic PF batteries of the MCM4 for me is a winner for a near similar price range.

I highly recommend buying from @unicycle distribution. Here's his shop link: :)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gotway-MCM4-130wh-260wh-340wh-520WH-680WH-electric-unicycle-one-wheel-scooter-800W-motor-max-speed/32468490098.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.11.jQ3Sr4&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201644_3_79_2_78_77_82_80_62_81_61,searchweb201560_1

thanks. I really dont need the distance at all. I just dont want to faceplant if I decide to go fullspeed on a rare occasion. The reported shutdowns are really worrisome to me. Do you know if anything was done to address this on the new units? 

Just now, alexbot said:

thanks. I really dont need the distance at all. I just dont want to faceplant if I decide to go fullspeed on a rare occasion. The reported shutdowns are really worrisome to me. Do you know if anything was done to address this on the new units? 

For me,warning beeps are enough to scare me and reduce my speed. I never reached such warning beeps yet so I don't mind. I also have a MCM2S. I ride with my family, all four of us, and we never experienced any shutdown so far even with my Generic X3.

2 minutes ago, Neale Gray said:

@alexbot Hi if you want power, speed and all the functions (sound, lights, app) then check out Milbay

lAll Milbay unicycles have been tested and evaluated over many thousands of kilometres, Milbay are professional Electric unicycle distributors. Let me know if you have any interest.

Do you know that there is an advertising section in this forum. Please refrain from hijacking this thread.

Archived