Look What I got for Christmas

SlowMo

I was still drunk this morning when the door bell rang. I didn't even look at the person at the door and thought it was the drinking water salesman and I just said "still full". But then I heard him asking my name. I said "Oh, sorry!" and went back to my room to get my pants. Santa just sent me my gift! :wub:

wl7g5f.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SlowMo you are my new hero . I want to be you.  Well, to be perfectly honest, i just want to own all your wheels!!!

congrats!!! Tell us how you like it!! Reviews galore!!

Hey, is this a high speed version? I cant wait to hear your opinion of it

Thanks man! I bought the HS version but you know me, I like it slow and would never be able to reach such speeds although I might be able to do a lift speed test. I did a lift test with my IPS Zero and it reached 40km/h.It also left a burn mark on my carpet. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, dpong said:

@SlowMo I'm completely unfamiliar with the entire Gotway line.  Would you mind fully stating what it is that you "Got" there so that I might fully appreciate it?  Thanks!

Unfortunately, I got the MCM4 HS version. But I will keep in mind not to ride at speeds nearing warning beeps.

13 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Unfortunately, I got the MCM4 HS version. But I will keep in mind not to ride at speeds nearing warning beeps.

Congratulations!  It seems a 14 inch wheel might be fun for slow cruising.  Don't run over a stick, though. 

16 minutes ago, dpong said:

Congratulations!  It seems a 14 inch wheel might be fun for slow cruising.  Don't run over a stick, though. 

I'm getting good at running off my EUC's when they hit sticks, pot holes and bumps. I comes naturally now.:)

8 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

I'm getting good at running off my EUC's when they hit sticks, pot holes and bumps. I comes naturally now.:)

Not me.  I just embrace the fall.  I never saw that stick by the way.  There were some Irish guys in the park playing the Irish game of Hurling.  I had never seen such a thing and so was trying to get them on camera.  In other words, I was distracted - a very fine way to initiate a fall.  

33 minutes ago, sbouju said:

I think the MCM4 "High Speed" version is over all the (first?) MCM4 "Achieved" version, with the right pedals angle and the right gap between the tire and the plastic... ;)

It seems they have implemented some minor enhancements from the original design so you could think of it as a version 2. I tried doing tight turns these evening and did not manage to hit the pedals on the ground. The acceleration is effortless and the pedals are comfortable. Due to the width of the unit the shins are always in contact with the sides which might not please some riders. Also the lights are nowhere near the likes of Ninebot One and IPS Zero. I got the white but carbon black would have been a better color choice.

2 minutes ago, dpong said:

Not me.  I just embrace the fall.  I never saw that stick by the way.  There were some Irish guys in the park playing the Irish game of Hurling.  I had never seen such a thing and so was trying to get them on camera.  In other words, I was distracted - a very fine way to initiate a fall.  

We should learn how @csmyers do his standard barrel rolls. He is an expert on this. 

I was able to find the @csmyers barrel roll video, and I admire his form.  This is what I try to accomplish, as I'm past my mid fifties and I think I lack the reaction time necessary for most run-offs.  I agree that falling properly can mitigate a good deal of harm, and consider myself a competent faller, on account of all that practice. :lol:

[Seriously though, I took Judo at a dojo when I was a young boy.  The first thing they teach you and the only thing I remember is how to fall.]

12 hours ago, Vanquiz said:

Woot, nice ... I saw the other euc under the tree (NB1?), is that also another new christmas present too? Wow

That Ninebot unit died on 12th November 2015 . :lol:  Still waiting for the spare parts to bring it back to life but until then, my family will just enjoy riding our other EUC's. 

That one is definitely the new HS version in those pictures above. Mine is the original model and looks different on the sides. Congrats!

16 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

That one is definitely the new HS version in those pictures above. Mine is the original model and looks different on the sides. Congrats!

Thanks man! Your reviews helped me decide on this unit notably when you discussed about the battery mileage. :)

3 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Thanks man! Your reviews helped me decide on this unit notably when you discussed about the battery mileage. :)

SloMo, have you tried riding it? I will never believe that you havent yet! How is it? Share the results of your max distance test. Max speed would be nice too but knwing you this is too much to ask for :) 

Archived