Look What I got for Christmas

SlowMo

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/26/2015 at 10:36 AM, dpong said:

I was able to find the @csmyers barrel roll video, and I admire his form.  This is what I try to accomplish, as I'm past my mid fifties and I think I lack the reaction time necessary for most run-offs.  I agree that falling properly can mitigate a good deal of harm, and consider myself a competent faller, on account of all that practice. :lol:

[Seriously though, I took Judo at a dojo when I was a young boy.  The first thing they teach you and the only thing I remember is how to fall.]

Would you please post a link to that video?  I'm interested in seeing what you mean.  I talked with Alice about the fall.  It went something long the lines of what we are saying here......but I'm over 50 years old.  Do you realize how hard it is to MAKE myself f practice falling?  Sure talk about it.....all day long.  But doing it?  I think a Practice Wheel (Someone posted a video of one to practice mounting)  Mounting then falling off would help get your muscle memory ready for a big fall.   

13 minutes ago, Colestien said:

Would you please post a link to that video?  I'm interested in seeing what you mean.  I talked with Alice about the fall.  It went something long the lines of what we are saying here......but I'm over 50 years old.  Do you realize how hard it is to MAKE myself f practice falling?  Sure talk about it.....all day long.  But doing it?  I think a Practice Wheel (Someone posted a video of one to practice mounting)  Mounting then falling off would help get your muscle memory ready for a big fall.   

You will find it in this post.

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/2231-gw-mcm4-is-unsafe/?do=findComment&comment=25371

16 minutes ago, Colestien said:

Here, I found it again:

And here is a fall I did in grass going very slowly so you can see what I did very clearly.  The basic idea is not to do a "belly flop" and go splat!  Instead, you want to roll off that momentum, not dissipate it into the ground all at once.   [Not that I had a lot of momentum in my simple fall. LOL.]

On 31/12/2015 at 6:25 PM, SlowMo said:

It will depend on your usage requirement. If you will be travelling for around 50-60 kilometers, then go for the 680wh battery. If you are a casual rider like me who rides only at the park and bike paths and travel normally around 20-25 kilometers, then the 340wh unit is more than enough. Then there would also be the "extreme" factor. If you are among the daring people who loves to take it to the edge, then a bigger battery pack should be considered. For the rest of the population who rides normally and safely, then the 340wh is adequate.

As for motor response between the Zero and MCM4-HS, the MCM4-HS wins. The MCM4-HS pedals are laid like more horizontal than the Zero which has a V pattern and both are comfortable to ride. Both pedals are good for tight turns. The MCM4-HS always has contact to the shins and provides better control.  I use the MCM4-HS more often than the Zero. We tested both on 25 deg. grassy slopes and both managed to climb with least effort.

You can't go wrong with either of these units but the bigger motor and Panasonic PF batteries of the MCM4-HS for me is a winner for a near similar price range.

I highly recommend buying from @unicycle distribution. Here's his shop link: :)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gotway-MCM4-130wh-260wh-340wh-520WH-680WH-electric-unicycle-one-wheel-scooter-800W-motor-max-speed/32468490098.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.11.jQ3Sr4&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201644_3_79_2_78_77_82_80_62_81_61,searchweb201560_1

Hi all,

Thanks for that Post SloMo with comments re the Zero and MCM4-HS, was tossing up between the two and just ordered the MCM4-HS from the supplier you recommended (in Black, Carbon ver of HS not til Feb). Wonderful forums here with great info and comments from members, looking forward to being part of it all with my first EUC.

Was wondering how many ppl actively use an Android/iOS device when traveling on the EUC as opposed to just configure between trips. I have an Ipad (no Iphone or any cellphone) and thought IF it was going to be of use would get an Android based watch (something like the No1 D5) to do the job.

cheers

Elah

40 minutes ago, Elah said:

Hi all,

Thanks for that Post SloMo with comments re the Zero and MCM4-HS, was tossing up between the two and just ordered the MCM4-HS from the supplier you recommended (in Black, Carbon ver of HS not til Feb). Wonderful forums here with great info and comments from members, looking forward to being part of it all with my first EUC.

Was wondering how many ppl actively use an Android/iOS device when traveling on the EUC as opposed to just configure between trips. I have an Ipad (no Iphone or any cellphone) and thought IF it was going to be of use would get an Android based watch (something like the No1 D5) to do the job.

cheers

Elah

Congratulations on your purchase! You would surely be happy with this unit. Just a reminder that you should be very careful when speeding for this machine is very fast and any sudden mistakes or distractions would cause imbalance and for a single wheel, that would lead to a catastrophe. I almost hit a lady the other day when she suddenly went out of her building and I was rolling fast on the sidewalk since I was late for work. I had no time to properly stop so I had to eject from my unit and to skip jump my way to evade her and that for me is a very close call.

Using an Ipad while riding to check on your speed and distance traveled every once in a while is ok but you still need to be very careful not to get distracted. Lastly, as with any other vehicles, alcohol and EUC doesn't jive. 

16 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Lastly, as with any other vehicles, alcohol and EUC doesn't jive. 

Not that i recommend it, but certain moderate amounts of alcohol actually appear to benefit my riding. After a couple of beers my legs are more relaxed and i can take / dampen the pavement irregularities much better. Also it gives me a feeling of confidence which some will think is a false confidence but i still believe it enhances my riding abilities and experience. Now, dont try this at home...

Just now, Cloud said:

Not that i recommend it, but certain moderate amounts of alcohol actually appear to benefit my riding. After a couple of beers my kegs are more relaxed and i can take / dampen the pavement irregularities much better. Also it gives me a feeling of confidence which some will think is a false confidence but i still believe it enhances my riding abilities and experience. Now, dont try this at home...

I drive better and more relaxed when I had some pints. Sometimes, the problem arises when you drink and had some emotional distress then drive. You will find you judgement in driving is not that good. Also, driving with a hangover is a no-no.

3 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

I drive better and more relaxed when I had some pints. Sometimes, the problem arises when you drink and had some emotional distress then drive. You will find you judgement in driving is not that good. Also, driving with a hangover is a no-no.

No, dont drive when you drink and have emotional distress. When i am distressed, i drink more, and more ..and more...until i have no more distress, and then drive :) 

4 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Not that i recommend it, but certain moderate amounts of alcohol actually appear to benefit my riding. After a couple of beers my kegs are more relaxed and i can take / dampen the pavement irregularities much better. Also it gives me a feeling of confidence which some will think is a false confidence but i still believe it enhances my riding abilities and experience. Now, dont try this at home...

I have found same thing playing Snooker and Billiards however there is hard-to-define magic line with consumption that once you cross decreases performance drastically..as such i think I'll forgo trying it on EUC (although would be nice excuse for failure to pickup fast while learning :) )

Ya thanks for warning SloMo, I'm aware the model prob not ideal for 1st learning on so will be keeping all that in mind.

12 minutes ago, Cloud said:

No, dont drive when you drink and have emotional distress. When i am distressed, i drink more, and more ..and more...until i have no more distress, and then drive :) 

I broke my leg before while riding a trike. So I am now more aware about the consequences. I still have the metal rod inside me to remind me not to do the same mistake again. It only happens once then your'e done. :)

6 minutes ago, Elah said:

I have found same thing playing Snooker and Billiards however there is hard-to-define magic line with consumption that once you cross decreases performance drastically..as such i think I'll forgo trying it on EUC (although would be nice excuse for failure to pickup fast while learning :) )

Ya thanks for warning SloMo, I'm aware the model prob not ideal for 1st learning on so will be keeping all that in mind.

Try to get some crash pads/ yoga mat padding and wrap your unit while training. :)

Just now, Cloud said:

Off topic but i just cant hold it in...waiting for my kingsong to arrive tomorrow...counting seconds before i can ride again!!

I feel the same with my beloved Ninebot. They promised to send me a motor. I also asked for another mainboard and still wating for their reply. 

9 minutes ago, Colestien said:

@Cloud I feel for you brother!!  It killed me waiting on my Wheel.  Of course that was back before I had ever rode.  I could only guess at how much worse it would have been if I had know what I was missing.

Man, I cant begin to express how much of a torture this is....i feel like ive been reduced to a lower class of animals...like ive been at the top of the food chain like a lion, and now i am like a mollusk or something...so difficient...i cant take it....

12 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Ahhh so its a love/ hate you have with ninebot..i thought you were hopelessly disappointed in it

Of course I really would love to revive my Ninebot. Such a waste if I would just throw it away. I miss those days when it was giving us joy.:unsure:

8 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Man, I cant begin to express how much of a torture this is....i feel like ive been reduced to a lower class of animals...like ive been at the too of the food chain like a lion, and now i am like a mollusc or something...so difficient...i cant take it....

That's why its a good move for you to get a spare.

I have a spare but its broken) i got 2 kingsings 14 ". One is fried and i will need to wait for the battery packs, and the other one is coming tomorrow after being checked by the distributor due to vibrations

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

I have a spare but its broken) i got 2 kingsings 14 ". One is fried and i will need to wait for the battery packs, and the other one is coming tomorrow after being checked by the distributor due to vibrations

Aren't vibrations being sought after? :P

Archived