V11 Overheating

EUChristian

Good people hope you are well. Warm day, first ride in months. Man I'm in love with the V11 again!  This thing is so smooth I am in love. 

25 minutes of the ride has been smooth sailing, cruising at 30mph no problem. I turn up my first hill. 10 seconds in my LEMT starts alarming through EUC world. Temp alarm. Reading 150 degrees. I immediately stop and check cooling fan. Running. Let it cool to about 115 and I go back down the hill and it goes off again. 144. So i let her cool again and then I am back down to straight level road. Nervously checking speed vs temp I see that i am now fine again. I'm doing 30 for 8 minutes and temperatures stay at 127. I'm completely perplexed by this and I keep nervously watching temps. I come to a small hill near my house and purposely decelerate to 10 mph and watch as I begin to climb. Sure enough...temperature starts climbing 2 degrees every 2 seconds.

Does not matter if I'm going up or down - but its the hills themselves causing temp spikes and quite rapidly.

What can this be?  Thank you kindly. I had a wreck at 32mph and i bet something got jacked on the board. 

One note here - had i not had EUC world running and be listening - this would have likely resulted in a face plant up a hill at 20mph. Always remember the power you yield. 

I need this baby repaired for spring!  I have to say if V11 was a lady she's the kind of lady I would open doors for...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Inmotion Global said:

hi, have you uploaded the log in the app? If you haven't, please upload it. BTW, did you got the same result by using inmotion app? Thanks

Hello! I uploaded the log and appreciate your help!  Was trying to diagnose the problem first...i believe an accident i had may have busted something. Also here are some snaps i took of the tour stats on EUC world. 

Screenshot_20210224-182601_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210224-182607_Gallery.jpg

Doing some reading and might not be a problem after all. I noticed EUC world temp alarm is set to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. What should them temp alarm be set to?  Perhaps this bad boy can heat up much higher. If so I am relieved and this is user error. 

On 2/23/2021 at 11:31 PM, Ádám Szitás said:

Thats not in celsius right? The V11 was said to be fine until 95C (board temp) or 115C (mosfet temp) not sure which sensor EUC world checks now, so it was fine.

Yes you did answer thank you so much. I do not have a broken wheel!

19 minutes ago, Seba said:

V11 is different from other wheels. When the safe temperature limit for others is between 65-80 °C, the V11 is just warming up. So temperature of 158 °F (70 °C) is absolutely normal temperature for V11 and you can go much higher without any harm to the wheel :) When I tried to overheat my V11 on a steep uphill ride, when I arrived at the top, MOSFET temperature reached 240 F and wheel was still fine. Of course I didn't wanted to test for even higher temps, but this proven that V11 has a completely different temperature profile.

https://euc.world/tour/589312697281017

EUC World uses MOSFET temperature as a main temperature that is recorded in tour data and also displayed on the main screen. This is the only temperature you have to watch, IMU and CPU temperatures shown in live data section are less important for wheel user.

Thank you so much sir!  You and AMC stonk has made my day. What would you suggest setting the alarm to in celcius?

12 hours ago, EUChristian said:

Thank you so much sir!  You and AMC stonk has made my day. What would you suggest setting the alarm to in celcius?

I think that you could set alarm at 90°C / 194°F and eventually raise it to 100°C / 212°F. While you could go even higher, it's wise to create some margin to avoid shortening capacitors life.

Edited by Seba
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Seba said:

I think that you could set alarm at 90°C / 194°F and eventually raise it 90°C / 194°F. While you could go even higher, it's wise to create some margin to avoid shortening capacitors life.

Got you sir thank you! 

Are other V11 owners see a temp spike of 16 degrees in 20 seconds when going up hills?  I still find this hard to believe. Flat land i can cruise at 30mph with no spike at 127F as soon as i hit a hill it goes up substantially. Waiting for Inmotion to review logs as well and post results. 

3 hours ago, Chriull said:

I think i understand:w00t2:

Hahaha :roflmao: Oh, I'm so sorry, but for the past two days I have been closely following the deliberations of the Polish Parliament, which has just passed new legislation defining the rules for electric scooters and EUCs. As you can probably understand, this must have had a negative impact on my mental condition :w00t2::pooping::efefc8626c:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Hahaha :roflmao: Oh, I'm so sorry, but for the past two days I have been closely following the deliberations of the Polish Parliament, which has just passed new legislation defining the rules for electric scooters and EUCs. As you can probably understand, this must have had a negative impact on my mental condition :w00t2::pooping::efefc8626c:

Meanwhile i thought this was an inside joke lol

23 hours ago, Seba said:

Hopefully some good news emerged from this deliberations!

• Like 1

Well - I reset the temperature to 190F (87C) alarm in EUC world.  Blew straight through that on the first hill about 200ft up the hill.  Reset to 210F (99C) - blew through that 25 ft up the hill from there.  Something is incredibly wrong here.  I have logged this in EUC world and uploaded the log.  Dead in the water as I live around hills (and never had any problem on them prior).  What doesn't make sense is as soon as I start up the hill it climbs exponentially.  It's not like I was riding up overheat hill for 10 minutes, etc.  I am literally 200ft up a hill 

EUC data 2021-03-02 134636.csv

maybe I'm misreading the csv file, but the temp column maxes out at 49C, which is pretty chill. I think @Seba said that IM puts the MOSFET temperature into that column... if you're only seeing 49C on the MOSFETs it sounds golden to me. Is maybe the LEMFO doing something bizarre?

image.thumb.png.bbb9271459c117cd4016ad5a629f0590.png

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

is your fan fanning?

Might be good to assess if the board detects the temp increase and attempts to do something, but from what I can see, the fan is almost useless :) as the controller board is encased in plastic.

3 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

maybe I'm misreading the csv file, but the temp column maxes out at 49C, which is pretty chill. I think @Seba said that IM puts the MOSFET temperature into that column... if you're only seeing 49C on the MOSFETs it sounds golden to me. Is maybe the LEMFO doing something bizarre?

yeah 50 C is pretty chill on the v11 from what @Seba was saying.  Could it be some kind of temp conversion issue?

As a person who doesn't use EUC world, I sure do see that software in a lot of posts usually about bad experiences.  I don't know if it's the type of rider who uses that software or the software itself, but something about EUC word makes me scared.  I'll stick with the OEM software.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:31 AM, Seba said:

I think that you could set alarm at 90°C / 194°F and eventually raise it to 100°C / 212°F. While you could go even higher, it's wise to create some margin to avoid shortening capacitors life.

Thanks for this @Seba, I'm going to set my alarm to this.  It's good to hear that the v11 runs a tad hot.  Went for a ride last night and on the way back, hit some alarms on the big hills back home. 

Is it correct to say that the lower your battery voltage gets, the more amps have to be pulled for the same amount of power.  I believe it is the amperage pull that generates heat.  Is it more likely to overheat the lower your battery gets as well?

I hit my amperage alarm @34 amps last night on a hill climb home, so I backed off leaning a bit, soon after hit my temp alarms, albeit my temp alarms are way lower than your recommendation.  I will change that.

Even with some impressive elevation gain and my less than petite riding weight, I hit 145 ish f degrees. 

https://euc.world/tour/595872982184365