Chicway honeycomb pedals on MSX

I recently put Chicway honeycomb pedals on my MSX. I don't know how they fit on other Gotway wheels, but they are not ideal on the MSX because: 1. They are very tight and snug, so they do not flip up and down freely. 2. The pedal angle is too steep, even steeper than the original MSX pedals. 3. Chicway says the height is "adjustable" but the only adjustment available is by adding a spacer to make the angle even steeper. 

Chicway claims the pedals fit "all Gotway models." Yes, they fit the MSX in the sense that they can be attached, but most people who read that pedals "fit" are expecting a better result. Most people who read that pedals are adjustable would expect that a super steep angle could be lowered.

Bear in mind, I am commenting specifically on how these pedals fit the MSX.

The pedals themselves are very nice. They look and feel very high quality. The built-in spikes provide a secure grip. They look much cooler on the MSX than the original pedals. But if you have a MSX and are considering Chicway pedals, I have to advise against them.

I ended up filing the pedals for a lower angle and for a looser fit against the spacers. Now they flip up and down freely and have about the same angle as the original MSX pedals.

In the attached photo one can see the pedal angle after filing (left) and the ridiculously steep angle before filing (right).

ChicwayPedalsOnMSX.jpg

Edited by MaxLinux
On 2/20/2021 at 5:30 AM, MaxLinux said:

I filed the pedals, not the hangers, by clamping them in a vise with 2 layers of cardboard to protect the finish, then filing them with https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077QF9L9K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ah ok thanks, how much filing did it take and ain't you worried about it weakening them? I have them on my MSP and they were more angled than my stock pedals aswell but after a couple of rides iv gotten used to them and they just feel normal now ☺️