V11 range test in "near laboratory" conditions. 97 km at 25 km/h

Halig

Thanks for your detailed feedback !

Very interesting, 14,6 wh/km for 24 km/h in averrage in winter, this is good (close too my z10 at same speed and nearly same weight).

Edited by Spiken
  • Like 1

excellent data there!  I wonder what effect a tiltback has on the battery.  Did you get many tiltbacks during the ride?  It's a shame there is not a cruise control we can set with optimal accelleration \ deccelation values to be battery friendly.

I had continuous tiltback because I set the speed at 25km / h. They weren't annoying, but it beeped every little bit, of course. I don't know if you mean that :efefb6a84e:

@Rich Sam Tiltback has no effect on the battery. The amount of power needed for it is completely negligible. To the wheel, it doesn't matter whether the angle of pedals is 0 or 10 degrees.

And the slower the acceleration, the more battery friendly it is. There is no need for a special profile for that. We need the wheel to catch us on a bump, no matter how battery inefficient it might be. :-) 

• Like 3

@HaligI wanted to check the battery voltage you had at the end and I see that the CSV is empty. It contains just bunch of semicolons. Can you fix that, or add the voltage at which you enabled home mode and then what you had at the end?

At 66,9V start the first tiltback (-25º) > Need to activate Go home > 10,8 km after, at 62.1 V is the second and final tiltback. I have averaged the data from the last registers before the tiltbacks, since the voltage, as you imagine, is somewhat variable.

I see that maybe the problem is that the file exceeds 3 MB and that is why it does not allow to upload it. Here you have by Wetransfer ready in Excel format https://we.tl/t-T4t5klfSiC

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 7:57 PM, Halig said:

Since January 11, my EUC World app does not upload routes 🤔🤷‍♂️, so I only have the CSV (attached in this post in case someone gets any other use ). 

As all tours should now be available, would you share the link for this "research" tour? :) It would be interesting to look at the data charts.

19 minutes ago, Seba said:

As all tours should now be available, would you share the link for this "research" tour? :) It would be interesting to look at the data charts.

Of course, here you have it: https://euc.world/tour/594553605435147

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Halig said:

Of course, here you have it: https://euc.world/tour/594553605435147

Wow, looks like you were riding on autopilot :) It reminds me my MSP calibration ride:

https://euc.world/tour/588577656542251

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Seba said:

Wow, looks like you were riding on autopilot :) It reminds me my MSP calibration ride:

https://euc.world/tour/588577656542251

Interesting and also very patient too :)

In your test, it seems that the voltage is more consistent than the % battery algorithm. The voltage drops linearly and the algorithm "stretches" at last. In the V11 it is practically perfect, in my opinion.

I have been in the development group for the M365 Dashboard app for a long time, giving the data to implement a more real battery% calculation algorithm (the original is terrible and misleading), but it was not finally implemented and I already went to the unicycle, with which the subject is abandoned. Hopefully, in V11 I see that it is not necessary

46 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

@Halig Please repeat with other EUC this can be awesome. Gj :clap3:

I'm poor and I spent all the money on V11 :P

Actually, I want to do a consumption test based on speeds (to get a graph). I have to find a day with zero wind and a weekday for the track to be clear.

We have an approach with experience, but I would like to see it in "laboratory" conditions (= pure entertainment)

I also want to test a consumption test uphill, according to speed, to see what is the optimal speed of less consumption according to the slope. I really would like to know, to be able to increase the autonomy in cases of routes with strong climbs. I like to do long routes and it is important.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hello OP. I just got a cutout from my v11 and I saw a drop on voltage and current. Can you please upload de .cvs in case you still have it? I would like to compare voltages. The link to the tour in EUC world is also down. Thanks!

• Like 1