V11 suspension lubrication?

Tryptych

@Paulo Mesquita I recall saying something along the lines of... its your dice, roll them if you want. I am happy that you came up with a good roll this time so far! The more people that are happy with their currenty wheels, the more we will be comfortable with investing in the industry altogether.  I did tell ya that you'd prolly not need two of the same wheels. Its not like I'm smart, its just that I did the same exact thing, and my original wheel is still kicking along just fine. Oddly enough, I still ponder on buying another mten or another 18, EVEN THO I just learned I shouldnt. Tis an odd thing, this wheel virus is!

In the end, I hope you find the wheels that cater to what you want from them. Wheels that last and make you content with the cost afforded them. Many grats on the learning curve defeat! Sounds to me like you arent trying to become a rider, you just simply are one...

See how I do that.. I feign to be humble, then I say I told you so, then i pretend to be all warm and fuzzy.  Shanesplanet has something for everyone sometimes, you just gotta heavily filter it all...

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

@Paulo Mesquita I recall saying something along the lines of... its your dice, roll them if you want. I am happy that you came up with a good roll this time so far! The more people that are happy with their currenty wheels, the more we will be comfortable with investing in the industry altogether.  I did tell ya that you'd prolly not need two of the same wheels. Its not like I'm smart, its just that I did the same exact thing, and my original wheel is still kicking along just fine. Oddly enough, I still ponder on buying another mten or another 18, EVEN THO I just learned I shouldnt. Tis an odd thing, this wheel virus is!

In the end, I hope you find the wheels that cater to what you want from them. Wheels that last and make you content with the cost afforded them. Many grats on the learning curve defeat! Sounds to me like you arent trying to become a rider, you just simply are one...

See how I do that.. I feign to be humble, then I say I told you so, then i pretend to be all warm and fuzzy.  Shanesplanet has something for everyone sometimes, you just gotta heavily filter it all...

I luv ya, man!!!! You know, you have the crazy advertiser mind! I should know, since I was one for 3 decades. It is true fun to read your posts. They are rich, raw, insightful, totally nuts and genuine. In this world  and after 61 years riding this rollercoaster life, it is a true blessing to to meet clear cut and strait to the point minds like yours! I really have no time or patience for BS talk and attitudes.

Keep it up man!... I know it's not much but you have my respect @ShanesPlanet

• Like 1

I recently (as of yesterday) switched to using white lithium grease. But a small amount.

That is because I fixed (idea initially suggested by @mrelwood in a thread) the loose connection between the black plastic suspension rail guides and the black aluminum rail. No more clunking.

I’ll create a new thread with pictures later.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 3/10/2021 at 9:30 PM, mrelwood said:

Unless you manufacture something like UHMWPE, actual PTFE, or even nylon sliding bits by yourself, I definitely recommend repeatedly using an ample amount of wax or at least dry lube on the rails.

Is there a post or video of this process?  I just purchased a used V11 and I want to protect it going forward.

1 minute ago, Paradox said:

Is there a post or video of this process?  I just purchased a used V11 and I want to protect it going forward.

I was in the process of making one, but I’m no longer sure if it’s worthwhile or not. The waxes I personally use are pretty temperature sensitive.

What definitely helps though is to wipe the exposed suspension rails clean and dry, as often as you like. Just be sure not to push any dirt into the sliders, so maybe only wipe downwards, away from the sliders.

2 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

What definitely helps though is to wipe the exposed suspension rails clean and dry, as often as you like. Just be sure not to push any dirt into the sliders, so maybe only wipe downwards, away from the sliders.

So is the ptfe spray no longer recommended?   

5 minutes ago, Paradox said:

So is the ptfe spray no longer recommended?   

PTFE “spray” can be either a wet or a dry lubrication, and wet lubricating has never been recommended.

But there is definitely no harm in applying dry PTFE lube. It just might not last very long.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2