Begode vs Gotway

6 minutes ago, I_Must_Bust said:

Gotway is a cooler name tbh. Not sure how you pronounce Begode

Gotway definitely is (was) a cool name! It's got the "Move it, I'm on a Gotway!" no-fucks-given attitude that you need for EUC riding:D

Bee-Gow-Duh (click on the speaker icon in the Chinese box)

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect old thread, but where does Extreme Bull come into the equation, being, as it is, lumped in with GW / Begode ? Is it the same people / company ?

Edited by Cerbera

I think of it as one company, but two designers. Extreme Bull is run by the brother/some kind of family relation of the Begode guy. I can only explain this by assuming they had different views on what EUCs to build exactly, so they both got to do their ideas! This time - interestingly, both King Song and much later Veteran were "hostile" spin-offs from Begode (then known to us as Gotway) after disagreements about the company's future direction. But the Extreme Bull split is "friendly". Now it's two companies (I guess), sharing a common infrastructure, which makes a lot of sense. So the important parts of the Begode and Extreme Bull wheels (motor, board, battery packs, firmware I assume) are the same between them. Wheels probably assembled in the exact same room. For all intents and purposes (build quality, ride, issues) it's just one company as far as we riders are concerned.

The first Extreme Bull branded thing was a massive (literally) electric scooter. An old Gotway scooter has later (sometimes) been listed under that brand, too. Maybe the EB guy was the scooter guy originally and wanted to build EUCs as well. But there's a scooter on the Begode website, too. The fact that the Commander (first EB wheel) was probably a reaction to the Sherman, the hot new and super successful wheel by the people who had just hostile-left Begode to make their own wheels, and Begode had no counter back then, surely also played a role, maybe the EB guy just got the task. Make your own guesses on how exactly everything happened and works;)

There's some discussion about the new Extreme Bull in the first few pages of the Commander thread, especially this post by @houseofjob, if you want to read on this.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2