Gotway/Begode’s legal injunction against Veteran ?

eucVibes

3 hours ago, Jonesq said:

I think Gotway, KS, and Inmotion are all licensed to use the Inventist patent according to the article.

I wonder if they all pay the same license fee. If public patent law is making people wealthy, it should be public info how much money is being made here.

1 hour ago, Kekafuch said:

If public patent law is making people wealthy, it should be public info how much money is being made here.

That's not how any of this works nor should work. I don't understand how people who understand the basic idea of contract just completely forget how everything works when that contract happens to involve patents. You're neither/none of the parties involved in the contract, nobody owes you that information.

7 hours ago, shellac said:

we can find prior art.

Prior art is recited in the Chen patent as the Kamen ‘01 patent. The novelty added by Chen is the removal of straps to tie your legs to the wheel—Chen’s first claim is very explicit about that. It’s an easy claim to design around, just add leg straps like Kamen taught and if the user cuts them off, so be it. Of course, it’s even easier if you own the Kamen ‘01 patent cuz then you don’t get in a tussle over that.

If I had the Segway patents, I’d add power pads with an at least one strap that releasably bound each leg to the pad, said strap(s) would be fastenable by the user and could be released without direct user intervention. The straps are movably attached to the body in a track or similar arrangement to allow the rider’s leg freedom to travel in directions perpendicular to the central axis of the wheel. The strap range of motion may be optionally limited and can be individually adjusted. (could easily come up with a butt ton more claims to cover variations)

There. I’ve just invented around Chen (and maybe Kayman, I don’t know if his straps were movable fore and aft) and publicly disclosed it so it’s no longer patentable. 

Edited by Tawpie