RS19 HS - ewheels

On 10/26/2020 at 6:54 AM, Darren0128 said:

Mine is not scheduled for delivery until Thursday the 29th.  Not sure why mine is taking soo long.   Glad you got yours quickly!  I cannot wait, been without a wheel for tooo long! (3 months is too long once you get bit by the EUC bug).  Curious if you have tried the dif. hardness settings yet?  It might help you dial it in if you can get the pedals to react closer to what your are already used to

I will ring in with my experiences as this is my 1st Gotway/Keybe/Begode...(whats next?)  I do have EUCworld and that is my go-to app so far.

Ive been riding on mode 2, it feels like im sailing! (the icon for the setting is a sailboat, and rightfully so) . It takes a little bit of time to stop.

I will test the other modes out in the future. I dont have android to use EUC world b ut i hear that is top notch app to have.

• Like 1

Just got mine today. One grub screw is loctited and I can't get it the pedal off to inspect inside. I'll be trying with a hairdryer to loosen it another day, but at least my fan works. 

1 hour ago, shellac said:

Anyone here tried the RS with the roll.nz MSP cover? I can’t get it to stay on to save my life. Maybe it’s incompatible. Probably sending it back. 

I sent mine back today. The design seemed flawed to me. I just dont understand how that little flap is expected to stay hooked with that corner edge on the bottom in an L shape. If that makes any sense to you.

I'll just be using baby proofing pads instead.

I noticed the fan comes on after a couple minutes (regardless of the wheel being idle) and just stays on. Is that normal?

Sounds like a distant hairdryer or vacuum cleaner.

Also, that high pitch noise that is just always there is pretty annoying to me.

The sounds just come as a surprise to me because this is my first EUC and my Onewheel is so quiet.

2 hours ago, Brian Scheuring said:

I received my power pads today.  They're not really what I was expecting.  Does anyone have that pic of the pads ewheels sent out?

Power pads are on. I had to cover up the adhesive that came with the pads with the hard side of the Velcro and placed Soft sidee Velcro on the euc.  The pads do add friction they feel pretty good I will know more when I ride it more seriously tomorrow. 

C9CB3BFC-C236-40D6-8F24-9DF0C142B60B.jpeg

C382B7E3-776A-43BC-ADF6-7A9579A94A3A.jpeg

Got mine Friday and have had some time to go for a couple of rides.  1st thing, coming from an Inmotion V10F, this wheel is a beast.  It's alot heavier and took me a few minutes to get used to the added width as well as weight.  1st ride I just stayed in the neighborhood and got used to it.  2nd ride I took it to the local bike path (unused road that they replaced it with a highway) had a chance to stretch it's legs a bit.  I noticed this thing eats the battery when cruising at speed!  These new 21700 cells have alot of battery sag.  I drained my battery from 97% to below 30% and even dipped to 15% as I was riding home all in under 15 miles.  I know I was riding it hard,   EUC World showed a max draw of 59 Amps and 5228 Watts about 3.5 miles in...Stayed nice and cool tho.  I hope the range will get a little better after a few charge cycles.  Below is a snapshot of the 1st half of my ride.  

DATE
31 October 2020 11:09 EDTSTART
31 October 2020 11:28 EDTFINISH
DURATION
20 minsOVERALL
17 minsRIDE
SPEED

38 mphMAX
22 mphAVG IN MOTION
21 mphAVG OVERALL

I also built a stand for it out of some scrap wood I had.  It came out pretty good, I can roll it on and off the stand with ease.  I will upload some pic's later.

4 hours ago, Darren0128 said:

I noticed this thing eats the battery when cruising at speed!  These new 21700 cells have alot of battery sag.  I drained my battery from 97% to below 30% and even dipped to 15% as I was riding home all in under 15 miles. 

You went from 97% battery to 15% in under 15 miles? How much do you weigh and how cold was it outside?

1 hour ago, Bongaloid said:
5 hours ago, Darren0128 said:

I noticed this thing eats the battery when cruising at speed!  These new 21700 cells have alot of battery sag.  I drained my battery from 97% to below 30% and even dipped to 15% as I was riding home all in under 15 miles. 

You went from 97% battery to 15% in under 15 miles? How much do you weigh and how cold was it outside?

I weigh about 190Lbs. probably 210 geared up.  It was probably 50s out.  Mind you that was on its 1st charge & I was pushing it hard. 

Today I got 25.5 miles out of a 100% charged pack (down to 15-20%) taking it a bit easier & now on its 3rd. charge cycle.  Click my signature to see stat's.

Edited by Darren0128

12 minutes ago, Darren0128 said:

I weigh about 190Lbs. probably 210 geared up.  It was probably low 60s out.  Mind you that was on its 1st charge & I was pushing it hard. 

Today I got 25.5 miles out of a 100% charged pack (down to 15-20%) taking it a bit easier & now on its 3rd. charge cycle.  Click my signature to see stat's.

Dang was hoping we could go a bit further than that. Were you trail riding or was that asphalt?

23 minutes ago, Bongaloid said:

Dang was hoping we could go a bit further than that. Were you trail riding or was that asphalt?

All asphalt and pretty much non-stop except to stretch my legs when I started getting cramps.  There are also no hills around where I live, the route I took follows along side the Dismal Swamp canal which is part of the Intercoastal Waterway. 

Edited by Darren0128

16 hours ago, Bongaloid said:

I think this will be heavily dependent on riding style. I am coming from a one wheel so been taking it easy, with mine. I have first beeps set at 21 and tilt back at around 25. I have ridding the beeps, for 13 miles, mixture of asphalt and some grass and only lost around 15% of charge.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Bongaloid said:

Hi, has anyone here ever had any issues charging their RS? I plugged it in with 96% battery life and the charger light is staying green, as if charging is complete, or not connected to the battery. 

weird but, 96% could be an app reading issue, how many voltage on the wheel ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bongaloid said:

Haven’t checked the voltage yet but I was riding the wheel for almost an hour from a full charge. 96% should be about right.

now it's even more weird, becouse if you were riding for almost 1h (i don't think you are going 5mph...) for sure you are not a 96% (app reading error) but lower, if the charger do nothing could be an issue

9 hours ago, Bongaloid said:

I plugged it in with 96% battery life

I don't know about the RS, but my KingSong wheels won't start charging if they're above 90 something percent when I plug the charger in. Ride it a bit more to get the battery to 90% then try to charge again.

26 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I don't know about the RS, but my KingSong wheels won't start charging if they're above 90 something percent when I plug the charger in. Ride it a bit more to get the battery to 90% then try to charge again.

There is no such thing with gotway my friend, plug at 99% it will still charge

• Like 3