RS19 HS - ewheels

Day is still young, im assuming this is being shipped from california, if so then there is that time difference. Its 8pm HERE but 5pm over there. If we dont get a shipping label by 10pm EST then it is safe to say there is a delay 

got mine earlier this morning, i didnt need an adjustment period on this, felt like riding a 16x. handles very well. the unlocking was weird but figured it out after coming here in the gotway subforum. so far so good, just need to check it out more later after work to test out some things

B0C5AEF8-DB19-404B-A089-603BB6EB56D4.jpeg

Edited by WILSON-YT
  • Like 2

Question , since this is my first Gotway wheel, i like to bring up some points that Id like to have answered:

1.)I have noticed there is no way to update the firmware in darknessbot and gotway app...(is this a common thing for gotway wheels??)

2.)Is the gotway app junk? Doesnt seem to have many features...

3.)Anyway to change the LED lights in software? i didnt see any options

4.)Out of the box, battery voltage is 67.0V, and battery capacity  is 680Wh. I thought this is a 100v/1800Wh battery? Should i set the battery voltage and battery capacity to the advertised specs?

5.)Out of the box, beeps are not heard in software or phone unless i connect to Gotway music via bluetooth

6.)Tilt back works as advertised but does not beep (is that common?)

7.)Speed settings on for 25, 30 and 35, but it beeps at me 18-20mph. Not sure why its beeping like that....(main concern)

Observations:

The shell is slippery, and the included gotway powerpads provide a little bit more friction but not by much. 

The wheel will benefit having powerpads, which will be shipped via ewheels next week, IMO. This seems to be a wheel you want to feel locked in. (Could be just beginners nerves..)

Have not been able to find a way to cycle lights, LEDs in software.

Feels like it takes a bit of time to get going intially while idling, most likely due to me being spoiled with the 16X torque.

Takes time to stop on this wheel compared to the 16x, obviously because of torque 

Other than that, i will just have to get used to the wheel and feel it out some more.

Edited by WILSON-YT

Ewheels did not send any (getting started guide) yet.

update...downloaded the kebye gotway app (IOS) and that has more features that turn on and /off the lights, change led lights. Interchange between lights on, and choosing leds without cycling through the options manually on the button of the RS19 HS

It seems that darknessbot does not read the controller so you have to input the voltage and battery capacity manually, (1800Wh option is available, but only 100.8v for battery voltage (hoping its safe to set it that way. Awaiting confirmation from jason at ewheels and from Darknessbot developer)

Tilt back settings in kebye gotway app, but have set it to OFF since its limited to up to ~30mph .

Turned off first and second beeps in Gotway app, used darknessbot for  beeps at 25, 30. Max speed set to 35 for now. (Will test to see if all works correctly tomorrow)

Still have not seen anyway to update the machine (if a new firmware was available)

Summary: Kebye gotway app more features, battery level is rounded up to 90 battery left, compared to darkness bot which showed 88 percent battery left.

More testing tomorrow. 

Edited by WILSON-YT

You can't update the firmware on Gotway wheels. 
Gotway doesn't supply any instructions what so ever, not even how to unlock the wheel from transportation mode. 
Not sure disabling the tilt back was a good idea, but what do you mean its limited to 30mph??
Most people apparently disable the first and second alarm since you can't configured these and keep the 3rd alarm which i think is the 80% power output warning. 

• Like 1

Hey @WILSON-YT 

With my MSP, I found I could cycle the lights with the headlight button. 

I can't remember if I've ever even used the Gotway app. I've always just used EUC World and it's done everything I need.

As far as the torque goes, I think it's very difficult to compare because finding that limit is not a fun place to be. I also came from the 16x and I think I know what you mean. I found it was easier to accelerate on the 16x.  I also found that torque limit on it a few times. I'm not sure if it's the software, the size of the wheel, the weight or a combo of them but they definitely feel different too. It might also be the "firmness" of the software but I really don't know. 

Something else I noticed about coming from the 16x to the MSP was that the MSP was very uncomfortable to me. Those pads they come with just took all the hair off my legs where they hit and my skin got raw. I got some NYC EUC pads and it's made a world of a difference. IMO, the 16x was comfortable out of the box. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NickNonsense said:

You can't update the firmware on Gotway wheels. 
Gotway doesn't supply any instructions what so ever, not even how to unlock the wheel from transportation mode. 
Not sure disabling the tilt back was a good idea, but what do you mean its limited to 30mph??
Most people apparently disable the first and second alarm since you can't configured these and keep the 3rd alarm which i think is the 80% power output warning. 

Now this could be me  not being knowledgeable about EUC technical specs but from my understanding the Keybe gotway app shows a max tilt back speed of 48 km/h which is 29.8258 mph. If im looking at this correctly, tilt back happens at 29.8 mph and cant play around with speed beyond it? 

I have not tested yet, but i now have disabled first and second alarm . 

Edited by WILSON-YT

6 hours ago, Giffy said:

Hey @WILSON-YT 

With my MSP, I found I could cycle the lights with the headlight button. 

I can't remember if I've ever even used the Gotway app. I've always just used EUC World and it's done everything I need.

As far as the torque goes, I think it's very difficult to compare because finding that limit is not a fun place to be. I also came from the 16x and I think I know what you mean. I found it was easier to accelerate on the 16x.  I also found that torque limit on it a few times. I'm not sure if it's the software, the size of the wheel, the weight or a combo of them but they definitely feel different too. It might also be the "firmness" of the software but I really don't know. 

Something else I noticed about coming from the 16x to the MSP was that the MSP was very uncomfortable to me. Those pads they come with just took all the hair off my legs where they hit and my skin got raw. I got some NYC EUC pads and it's made a world of a difference. IMO, the 16x was comfortable out of the box. 

Yes you can do this with the RS19 , cycle lights with the button on the EUC but the headlights and leds are set like a combo. For example, If i wanted a white led in the front, i would have to press a button which would cycle with each button press to LED COLOR, flashing strobe light, bright headlight, no light, then next LED color , strobe, bright headlight, no light ect...rinse and repeat

With darknessbot, you can not control the LED color, but you can enable the headlight.

Keybe gotway app you can choose led's and headlights of you choosing . (imo best method choosing your lights faster without cycling manually by pressing button.

I dont mean to compare to the 16X, expecting the RS19 to live up to the same standards. because these are two different wheels. Yet, 16X is my main wheel (for now) so that is why there is some comparison here. 

The included gotway branded pad strip does provide some friction but still a bit slippery. I just need to get use to this wheel underneath my legs for stability and comfort and i have not found that yet . The powerpads included from ewheels will come next week.

With every brand new wheel, there is a break in period so obviously will take some time to get use to. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WILSON-YT said:

With every brand new wheel, there is a break in period so obviously will take some time to get use to. 

Yup, that's pretty much it lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WILSON-YT said:

Now this could be me  not being knowledgeable about EUC technical specs but from my understanding the Keybe gotway app shows a max tilt back speed of 48 km/h which is 29.8258 mph. If im looking at this correctly, tilt back happens at 29.8 mph and cant play around with speed beyond it? 

I have not tested yet, but i now have disabled first and second alarm . 

Ah yes, for some reason Gotway has set a limit within its own app at 48km/h which is silly because the wheels are obiviously going faster then this. I had noticed you using an iphone since your using darknessbot. In EUCworld you are able to set the tiltback to a higher speed than the Gotway app. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Simply_Striking said:

Is there a way to turn off the beeps when settings change or powering on the wheel... That shit is loud af..

I have not seen any setting to turn that off. 

12 hours ago, NickNonsense said:

Ah yes, for some reason Gotway has set a limit within its own app at 48km/h which is silly because the wheels are obiviously going faster then this. I had noticed you using an iphone since your using darknessbot. In EUCworld you are able to set the tiltback to a higher speed than the Gotway app. 

Ya i phone doesnt have eucworld, and for now darknessbot doesnt have any tilt back settings or even a pedal tilt (if it is a thing for gotways) yet. 

To those waiting on their wheels from ewheels.com, im curious to hear what your experience is with your new wheel. 

8 minutes ago, WILSON-YT said:

To those waiting on their wheels from ewheels.com, im curious to hear what your experience is with your new wheel. 

I placed a pre order last week. I was hoping to get snuck into the waiting list since eWheels said there are times when people don't pay in full when requested. Just waiting at the moment and checking my emails daily. 

I should have done it earlier but didn't have available funds :efee96588e:

1 minute ago, Waulnut said:

I placed a pre order last week. I was hoping to get snuck into the waiting list since eWheels said there are times when people don't pay in full when requested. Just waiting at the moment and checking my emails daily. 

I should have done it earlier but didn't have available funds :efee96588e:

Hopefully soon, i noticed ewheels.com listed RS19 HS as it being available to ship , instead of preorder. Im hope they release your new beast out of the gate soon!

1 minute ago, WILSON-YT said:

Hopefully soon, i noticed ewheels.com listed RS19 HS as it being available to ship , instead of preorder. Im hope they release your new beast out of the gate soon!

Wow that just changed not too long ago. Looks like a typo though. It says RS torque ready to ship instead of the speed. I can't wait. I just sold my ks18xl today so I feel empty lol. 

10 hours ago, WILSON-YT said:

Mine is not scheduled for delivery until Thursday the 29th.  Not sure why mine is taking soo long.   Glad you got yours quickly!  I cannot wait, been without a wheel for tooo long! (3 months is too long once you get bit by the EUC bug).  Curious if you have tried the dif. hardness settings yet?  It might help you dial it in if you can get the pedals to react closer to what your are already used to

I will ring in with my experiences as this is my 1st Gotway/Keybe/Begode...(whats next?)  I do have EUCworld and that is my go-to app so far.

@WILSON-YT

This is my first wheel ever, so take whatever I say with some, no a lot of salt.

The bad

Gotways app is trash, euc world seems work well tho.

It's freaking heavy.

It's scary powerful.

I tried going above 15mph and felt a weird sort of wobble, when trying to change direction...maybe takes some getting used to.

Maybe learning on a lighter wheel would have been better as my leg muscles are sore.

Would have liked not the speaker was aimed forward instead not off to the side.

Trolly handle sucks, it's difficult to extend, and also doesn't seem to want to go back to it's original position.

The beeps for turning on off or changing settings scares the soul out of my body.

The good,

Half my complaints are of me not being used to the wheel hopefully that will change in time.

After 1 day of practicing I was able to ride a narrow winding bike lane. Still carmen of to let cyclist pass not that confident as yet.

It's starting to get a little fun.

Half my complaints is because of this thing being new, and I guess there is going to be some conditioning

Edited by Simply_Striking