Motorcycle jeans and low profile protection

Hello,

I would like to request your advises on lower body protection, I just got a tight/slim motorcycle jeans coupled with ce level 2 hips and knee protection. I liked its abrasion resistant. However. Im not 100% convinced my knees will be protected ( the sensation of the knee pad against the knee is not very pleasant), but at the same time what are the other alternates ? Any good motorcycle jeans recommendation? Proper skate/mountain bike shin/knee guards make me look like robocop. The idea is to be low profile, and reduce the time spent wearing gear each time i need the euc to go somewhere but rather be ready and protected in a minimum of time. Thanks.

Edited by Ronin Ryder

Motorcycle jeans are primarily focused on anti-abrasion, there aren't many pairs which protect against impact.  Without the Kevlar (or equivalent) layers in motorcycle jeans the denim would wear through/tear immediately on contact with the blacktop at anything faster than about 20mph.

For your requirements they're probably about as good as it gets but for impact resistance you'll need something big and bulky to spread the impact, firm so as not to deform (and therefore spread the impact) and with a soft backing.  This doesn't really come in a 'low profile' option :D I imagine that there are options for very large sums of money (e.g. custom moulded carbon fibre leg pads).

12 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Hello,

I would like to request your advises on lower body protection, I just got a tight/slim motorcycle jeans coupled with ce level 2 hips and knee protection. I liked its abrasion resistant. However. Im not 100% convinced my knees will be protected ( the sensation of the knee pad against the knee is not very pleasant), but at the same time what are the other alternates ? Any good motorcycle jeans recommendation? Proper skate/mountain bike shin/knee guards make me look like robocop. The idea is to be low profile, and reduce the time spent wearing gear each time i need the euc to go somewhere but rather be ready and protected in a minimum of time. Thanks.

The knee pads will get softer with time. I like the XLMoto cafeman series of chinos. Their jeans are also nice. But the knee pads will always feel crappy and want to rotate. I would need to sew the inner pockets for the knee protectors to keep them in place. Or maybe put a sock or some thin cloth in there.
Otherwise we are back to knee guards or combo knee/shin. I haven't tried the Lazyrolling skinny jeans but plan on doing so soon.

2 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Care to share model? I have slim jeans too and the knee pads feel very uncomfortable 

Get d30. You shouldn’t notice them too much as your body heat warms them up. Make sure your jeans have stretch in them, nothing worse then tight skinny jeans WITH knee armor. 

On 8/26/2020 at 3:24 AM, StuartL said:

Motorcycle jeans are primarily focused on anti-abrasion, there aren't many pairs which protect against impact.  Without the Kevlar (or equivalent) layers in motorcycle jeans the denim would wear through/tear immediately on contact with the blacktop at anything faster than about 20mph.

For your requirements they're probably about as good as it gets but for impact resistance you'll need something big and bulky to spread the impact, firm so as not to deform (and therefore spread the impact) and with a soft backing.  This doesn't really come in a 'low profile' option :D I imagine that there are options for very large sums of money (e.g. custom moulded carbon fibre leg pads).

Level 2 is unnecessary for EUC riding. And the reason you think it’s bulky. Skinny jeans and level 2 knee armor don’t work together. Level 1 will be sufficient to blunt the impact. You won’t feel “nothing” like you would with skate knee pads, but you won’t get bruised from impact.

Edited by Darrell Wesh

sorry should have been more precise, when i meant it was uncomfortable it was more the jeans pocket holding the protection that was very uncomfortable scratching against my knees, not really the armor under it. Would need to find a jeans that is not as uncomfortable...

4 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

sorry should have been more precise, when i meant it was uncomfortable it was more the jeans pocket holding the protection that was very uncomfortable scratching against my knees, not really the armor under it. Would need to find a jeans that is not as uncomfortable...

They make knee sleeves you can easily wear to alleviate that. 

typically yesterday  i went out and forgot my knee pads, realized this half way and became terrified id fall and hurt my knees (it was night too), leading in less control since scared and resulting in almost falling, not fun ride at all. I have too much stuff to wear before riding  I need to find something that ill reduce the time to be atgatt.

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1