Nikola + beep noise changed

Ronin

You could open the right side panel and have a look at your beeper. Unless there's something obvious, I don't see how a changed beeper pitch could indicate any problem. Maybe these cheap beepers just change pitch after a while, or it's just some dust in there.

My beeper also sounds a bit different sometimes. Forgot about it until I read this. I don't believe it means anything.

Someone told me it was related to battery level...Im not sure if its the case but at least ill just forget about this for now if no other explanation shows up.

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Someone told it was related to battery level...

Could be that. The board provides some voltage to the beeper, and maybe the battery level influences it? (I'm sure ideally it shouldn't, but hey, it's Gotway:whistling:)  I'll check next time my wheel is empty.

• Like 1

My MSX beeper developed a sort of 'harmonic rattle' which funnily enough actually made it easier to hear so I left it. A few days later it failed. On inspection one of the wires had come off the back. I could have soldered it but as it was the one I had moved around several times (possibly weakening the wire myself) I had a new spare one so I just fitted that.

The beeper needs pressure on the mounting surface to resonate properly.  It sounds like it would if you were just holding it.  Make sure it is mounted firmly and it should be ok.  There are normally two screws and a raised circular area behind it when it's mounted, did you undo it or anything when it was apart?

The sound also comes out of the side slots and not the top area of the beeper.

On 8/23/2020 at 4:41 AM, Delmeekc said:

The beeper needs pressure on the mounting surface to resonate properly.  It sounds like it would if you were just holding it.  Make sure it is mounted firmly and it should be ok.  There are normally two screws and a raised circular area behind it when it's mounted, did you undo it or anything when it was apart?

The sound also comes out of the side slots and not the top area of the beeper.

i verified the beeper and its correctly mounted. I guess i'll just stick with that sound and that's it. With time ive seen the same time of beeping with msx too so i guess its just a "feature" of this gotway beeper.

2 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

i verified the beeper and its correctly mounted. I guess i'll just stick with that sound and that's it. With time ive seen the same time of beeping with msx too so i guess its just a "feature" of this gotway beeper.

I think they are really cheap to buy, maybe just try and source one to be safe.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have the same problem as you on my new mcm5 v2 with an audible beep (when the wheel is started and stopped) not a strange sound when I activate the circuit breaker) different from the classic beep. on my old tesla and my msx the sound was clear. Did you find a solution ? The concern is that the sound is sometimes clear and sometimes distorted. I also feel like when I put the cart back in its place sometimes it affects this sound. who could help me? @Ronin Ryder

Edited by kelec_947

You'll have better response if you stick to the forum language.
You can use DeepL which is better than googles for example.

As for your issue it could be the beeper that is loose (vibration is different) or there might be some crap in it. My S2 beeper sounded like it was drowning when it had gotten loose from the hot glue that held it in place.

Edited by null

1 hour ago, null said:

You'll have better response if you stick to the forum language.
You can use DeepL which is better than googles for example.

As for your issue it could be the beeper that is loose (vibration is different) or there might be some crap in it. My S2 beeper sounded like it was drowning when it had gotten loose from the hot glue that held it in place.

So sorry about that. I made a mistake when I copy/cut my text.. in French 

I didnt find a solution. The beep keeps changing randomly between normal and weird. Ive seen the same phenomenon in multiple eucs videos so i decided to just ignore and consider this as a "feature" of gotway's wheels... 

Ps: i opened the wheel and the buzzer was perfectly tightened and clean

Edited by Ronin Ryder

11 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Je n'ai pas trouvé de solution. Le bip continue de changer aléatoirement entre normal et bizarre. J'ai vu le même phénomène dans plusieurs vidéos eucs, alors j'ai décidé d'ignorer et de considérer cela comme une "fonctionnalité" des roues de gotway ... 

Ps: j'ai ouvert la roue et le buzzer était parfaitement serré et propre

Hello @Ronin Ryder Thanks for answer me. I have exaclty the same thing : "he beep keeps changing randomly between normal and weird" . All you "ex" wheels have this problem or just your Nikola ?Thanks for all

Edited by kelec_947

• 6 months later...

Bump, but what happened in the end? It keeps working but with strange sound?

My beeper on the MSP started acting weird yesterday, had a wobbly sound to it, before that it was working ok, today I can barely hear it, like it's super low volume.

My MTen3 was the same way when I bought it, then the buzzer failed within a week, and eWheels sent me a new buzzer.  But 18 months later, the new buzzer has started making the same sound again as OP's second vidieo.

Edited by xorbe

So I opened mine up and it was actually moisture inside, so water got in on the speaker side, motherboard side was clean, did some extra sealing.

• Like 1

Just tightening the side panel can change the beeper sound (resonance changes according to air space surrounding the buzzer) and when you press you leg against the side it warps the panel, sometimes it sounds normal, sometimes the panel is just a tiny bit closer raising the pitch or distorting the sound. Playing around with the side panel screws lets you make it flex in one direction so that it can't flex in another direction, "aiming" the flex towards either above or below buzzer keeps the sound kinda constant.

Like imagine bending a sheet of paper in one plane and you notice it becomes rigid in another plane, that is how you'd want to tension the side panel using the screws.

27 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

So I opened mine up and it was actually moisture inside, so water got in on the speaker side,

+1, my buzzer went extremely low after being wet. As my wheel have fall in a lake, the reason was obvious...

No need to buy a replacement item ($12) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001454681515.html
This one for $1 (!!!!) seems as good (or as bad) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32984518008.html