Ninebot One E+. 30% off this weekend

Chris

I stumbled across this black friday(?) offer att banggood.com, shipping seems to vary depending on country but to Sweden it is US$ 615 (=580+35 USD). Quite cheap I believe. I myself am waiting for potential new models after the winter, but thought that maybe others would wanna know..

http://www.banggood.com/Ninebot-One-Electric-Unicycle-220wh320wh-App-Interaction-Self-balancing-Monocycle-CE-p-986400.html?bid=13403

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is $250 more if it ships from a US warehouse!  What is up with that????

I guess CN has cornered the market on reduced/free shipping costs.

Anyway, I'm very happy with my E+, don't need another one...now if it were a P at that price.....

Cheers,

Jim

Make sure they have service center here in the US. These do have problems and if anything goes wrong you either have to pay a US distributor to fix it or you have to send it back to China to have the warranty work done. I bought one from electric unicycle online and they gave me an E instead of and E+ and wouldn't trade it out. So just make sure you do your research and stay away from the scammers.

Sale is back up, for about another 3 and a half hours. 

Yes, I had also seen that the sale had ended, but I chatted with a gal named Candy just to confirm that the sale was definitely over. And her response was that she was sorry, and that yes the sale was definitely over.

And then I refreshed the page for the heck of it before going to sleep, and it was back on.  8)

True, for the record I not only think it's smarter to buy locally for the warranty and service, I also think nine times out of ten it is better to support local vendors regardless of where the product is made. $579.99 shipped for an E+ though, damn… it's an EUC I wouldn't even have considered getting now if not for that number. 

I guess the way I'll have to think about it is that if I'm happy with it as I think I will be, it will mean that stateside vendors will get my coin that much quicker for about next nine wheels, just as soon as the upgradeitis inevitably kicks in. ;)

Screenshot_2015-11-30-22-20-38.png

11 minutes ago, Dyyys1 said:

Thanks for the tip! Have there been counterfeits discovered or can I pretty much trust the label when it arrives?

What they did to me is they covered the serial number with an E+ sticker. I contacted the factory and they informed me that it was a E and not an E+. They would not refund the money difference between the E and the E+. They look the same and if I didn't already have an E+ and could tell it was noticeably slower i wouldn't have known any difference. I have heard of some of these Chinese companies doing this so don't get burned like me. Theres a pic of the sticker that was over the serial number. 

IMG_1564.JPG

59 minutes ago, Dyyys1 said:

Thanks for the tip! Have there been counterfeits discovered or can I pretty much trust the label when it arrives?

… 

As Botcali said, yes, it definitely can't hurt to check that you get the model number and battery capacity that was advertised, if only for peace of mind. Otherwise, while there are a lot of ninebot copycats, I think I've done enough research to say with confidence that it's unlikely that you wouldn't get an actual ninebot if you buy from known vendors who are selling ninebots. 

The problem with the chance that I just took is that the current rule of thumb is if I need warranty service in the next year, if I had bought stateside, I would have gotten service stateside. Since I didn't, it's likely I will need to send it back to China. That is 15 - 20 days there and the same amount of time to go back, and add the days to service it, and consider that shipping a heavy item like the ninebot will cost hundreds of dollars on top of everything else. If you have only read this forum for only 5 minutes you know that ninebots certainly can have their issues, and if you have read this far then you know that I am also questioning the sanity of my purchase as I am continuing to come up with reasons why maybe it wasn't that sane. :)

Man I have owned a TG-F3 for all of a few days and already I have it bad… "Hi my name is Michael and I think I'm a EUCoholic…"

Sale back on!  Now $539 NO TAX FREE SHIPPING from US warehouse.  I get stuff from them in 3 days from the US warehouse.

http://www.banggood.com/Ninebot-One-Electric-Unicycle-220wh320wh-App-Interaction-Self-balancing-Monocycle-CE-p-986400.html

I just paid $799 Yesterday!  Although, I bought from a verified Dealer with 1 year unlimited warranty, so that may end up being priceless in the future.

On 11/30/2015, 9:51:34, JFP9 said:

It is $250 more if it ships from a US warehouse!  What is up with that????

I guess CN has cornered the market on reduced/free shipping costs.

Anyway, I'm very happy with my E+, don't need another one...now if it were a P at that price.....

Cheers,

Jim

On 11/30/2015, 10:04:03, BotCali said:

Make sure they have service center here in the US. These do have problems and if anything goes wrong you either have to pay a US distributor to fix it or you have to send it back to China to have the warranty work done. I bought one from electric unicycle online and they gave me an E instead of and E+ and wouldn't trade it out. So just make sure you do your research and stay away from the scammers.

Got to say though, that where I live the price for purchasing locally is twice this price... So it is cheaper to buy one from China and maybe pay for possible  repairs/spare parts or even simply purchasing a new one IF it breaks.. Also regarding the ninebot it is my understanding (I don't own one though) that it is a modular design which makes it easy for users to change parts themselves.. Other than that I would expect ninebot to have good quality due to its popularity 

Also this may vary, but I'd be surprised if dealers will give you warranty for damage from crashes which I perceive is the biggest danger for the unicycle.

About more expensive shipping from the American warehouse I guess the overhead costs are bigger in the US than in China, such as rent, tax, employees, shipping and also I would suspect that it's harder for them to keep down import fees by putting a lower price on the packages them beeing a company (import fees which they instead of you will have to pay if they ship from the US) 

3 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Sale back on!  Now $539 NO TAX FREE SHIPPING from US warehouse.  I get stuff from them in 3 days from the US warehouse.

http://www.banggood.com/Ninebot-One-Electric-Unicycle-220wh320wh-App-Interaction-Self-balancing-Monocycle-CE-p-986400.html

I just paid $799 Yesterday!  Although, I bought from a verified Dealer with 1 year unlimited warranty, so that may end up being priceless in the future.

Cool! Maybe they're selling off the stock or something! 

For what it's worth, I've confirmed through a Chat session that they are indeed E+. That does not make it true, but at least they believe they are selling E+. 

They are pretty easy to deal with when there are errors on orders too (I've had one with them and they made it right).  Although I don't know that they'd pay shipping back, you might confirm that. 

13 hours ago, csmyers said:

@Compuatic The Ninebot is actually better (stronger, potentially safer) than a Zero. Then again, it's another $300 dollars on top, minimum.

Better !? .. I would say it depends on who is judging, but I agree it is more powerful, stronger, so potentially safer and more expensive !

14 hours ago, Compuatic said:

How is the ninebot more powerfull? Seems that max is 21kmh on the E+ vs the 28KMH on the zero. Assuming offcourse this is an E+ and not the slower E.

There's a trade-off between max speed and torque... you can't have both (for a similarly rated motor) ;)

19 hours ago, Pagsy said:

Better !? .. I would say it depends on who is judging, but I agree it is more powerful, stronger, so potentially safer and more expensive !

Yes potentially safer but. better bring a fire extinguisher in your backpack in case you sense a burning smell. :D

Archived