Adding pads to Inmotion v11?

Finn Bjerke

4 hours ago, Dark Star said:

@stephen What did you use to attach all that stuff to the top part of your V11? I mean the slippery saddle surface.

Yes it doesn't stick very well so I cleaned it with alcohol gel alot,  some of the shine does come off so be warned it might mark it and changes the colour difference but it does make it stick better, then I just stuck it with velcro or 3m tape, 

9 hours ago, Dark Star said:

@mrelwood What did you use to attach the horizontal brake/pad on the saddle of your V11?

Just 3M extra strong double sided carpet tape. I’m not sure if I even cleaned it that much before. This tape is a bit crazy, so I’m not surprised that it holds where others don’t.

image.thumb.jpeg.dfc37e7e63287de5e90abe23c27069de.jpeg

@stephen @mrelwood  Thanks for the responses!

I wiped my V11 down with alcohol and dark grey stuff came off onto my towel, like it dissolved the outer coating. Underneath it doesn't shine as much which is good for me, I got my carpet tape sticking well enough to keep my velcro attached (which probably would have stuck directly the first time if i had wiped it down with alcohol first).

Seems similar to what happens to old vinyl in cars, it gets dull and blotchy over the years and after decades it deteriorates. I just added a few years to my saddle surface.

Edited by Dark Star
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

@stephen @mrelwood  Thanks for the responses!

I wiped my V11 down with alcohol and dark grey stuff came off onto my towel, like it dissolved the outer coating. Underneath it doesn't shine as much which is good for me, I got my carpet tape sticking well enough to keep my velcro attached (which probably would have stuck directly the first time if i had wiped it down with alcohol first).

Seems similar to what happens to old vinyl in cars, it gets dull and blotchy over the years and after decades it deteriorates. I just added a few years to my saddle surface.

So the saddle IS black plastic with a rubberized coating? I was worried about that. Not a big deal, but alcohol and coatings dont get along. I'd imagine that the chances of pulling that tape or pads w/o pulling the coating, is slim? Of course, if you remove the coating and get down to just plastic, it shouldnt matter. I have a few pieces of music gear that had rubber coatings turn to mush. A ton of alcohol and elbow grease and they looked great as I sanded back to plastic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

So the saddle IS black plastic with a rubberized coating? I was worried about that. Not a big deal, but alcohol and coatings dont get along. I'd imagine that the chances of pulling that tape or pads w/o pulling the coating, is slim? Of course, if you remove the coating and get down to just plastic, it shouldnt matter. I have a few pieces of music gear that had rubber coatings turn to mush. A ton of alcohol and elbow grease and they looked great as I sanded back to plastic.

It's thicker than just a coating but you just have to rub the shine off the rubber so it sticks , the top bit of saddle is semi hard rubber Shane 👍

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2020 at 8:01 AM, EUChristian said:

My clark pads came yesterday and I installed last night. Best improvement over stock from any accessory I've ever purchased for EUCs. I'll take pics later today. I recommend these. Biggest issue i was having is the machine wobbling between my legs. Unlike my KS16 I can see i have to change my riding style to have contact with the pads 100% vs letting it stay suspended between my legs. 

Hey do you still have the clark pads? How have they been for you and could you share the picture of where you installed them? Got mine in today and having trouble figuring out where to place them. Thanks!

16 hours ago, holgeight said:

Hey do you still have the clark pads? How have they been for you and could you share the picture of where you installed them? Got mine in today and having trouble figuring out where to place them. Thanks!

I do although one busted in my cutout so need to get replaced. I started at the bottom most screw setting - was great but wanted a little more pressure holding down my feet so when I get the New one I will install one screw hole lower (so the second one up)

Be careful. Once you attached adhesive is strong. I broke the bottom of the plastic piece (where the screws are) because I tried to pull off the pad once it was adhered - bad idea as the thin plastic snapped when I did. So once on be careful if you want to change the height.