Adding pads to Inmotion v11?

Finn Bjerke

13 hours ago, mrelwood said:

How about that, the Clark pads are essentially the same shape that I DIYd a while ago, and have been very happy with ever since. They just make a lot of sense to me.

AD551B8F-F3F2-4AA6-B70C-F9F99EAA1D2C.jpeg.70f9a08f747fd8c0e18893bf5205c603.jpeg

The V11 version of the Clark pads lack the heel portion that is visible in the review of the MSX version though. I wonder if that could allow a little feet movement if taking a lot of air.

They don't look similar to me? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My clark pads came yesterday and I installed last night. Best improvement over stock from any accessory I've ever purchased for EUCs. I'll take pics later today. I recommend these. Biggest issue i was having is the machine wobbling between my legs. Unlike my KS16 I can see i have to change my riding style to have contact with the pads 100% vs letting it stay suspended between my legs. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 6:01 AM, EUChristian said:

My clark pads came yesterday and I installed last night. Best improvement over stock from any accessory I've ever purchased for EUCs. I'll take pics later today. I recommend these. Biggest issue i was having is the machine wobbling between my legs. Unlike my KS16 I can see i have to change my riding style to have contact with the pads 100% vs letting it stay suspended between my legs. 

@EUChristian ever get a chance for pics of clarks? I just took my first stairs on v11 and can see the usefulness of such a pad :) 

also anyone find out about how to buy if no facebook? 

On 10/17/2020 at 9:01 AM, EUChristian said:

I'd also like to see your photos, I have Clark pads for the V11 but I'm still waiting on my wheel to ship. Would like to see your placement.

Just ordered the Clark Pads. Should be here this weekend. I'll get the V11 next week.

My first EUC so I still have to learn to ride, but everything I've seen points to the need for good pads, and Clark Pads look exactly like what I would expect for better grip.

1 hour ago, EL Shazbot said:

Just ordered the Clark Pads. Should be here this weekend. I'll get the V11 next week.

My first EUC so I still have to learn to ride, but everything I've seen points to the need for good pads, and Clark Pads look exactly like what I would expect for better grip.

don't forget jumping. every new EUC rider should be jumping off ramps within the first three hours :P

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 4:38 PM, h3X said:

All will be answered in this video. The Clark pad is a combination of power pad and jump (kuji) pad. The big knob is for jumping and also holding the pedal when trolleying.

Note these are 3D Printed and hard as a rock.  They shouldn't be called 'pads' - they aren't comfortable!

Instead I have Custom Power Pads https://www.facebook.com/EUCPowerPads/

and

V11 Fly Pads https://hulaj.market/en/inmotion-v11/140-flypads-jumping-pads-for-inmotion-v11.html 

Edited by Tryptych
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tryptych said:

These are great but they need to be longer for people who ride with a foot forward so they need to be higher especially if you wear boots then you could get more positions 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 4:25 AM, Tryptych said:

hard as a rock

This is just blatantly false. They are printed from a soft, deformable plastic, as demonstrated in the video. Please don't lie to promote your own product.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I installed my own fly pads yesterday. Unfortunately, they were "hard as a rock", so I attached some self-adhesive neoprene pads to them. I haven't been able to jump with them yet, but it's a heavy wheel and will probably take some time to learn. I ordered these to get a feel for being locked in to the wheel, before buying the much more expensive Clark pad. I think I have to practice bailing now in order to get comfortable with doing risky tricks.

Edited by h3X
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 11:59 AM, h3X said:

Please don't lie to promote your own product.

Touched a nerve or what? I don't have a product, calm down...

I've heard the Clark Pads are very hard and uncomfortable. They are intended for stunts, not comfort. I'm sure Chris Clark will tell you the same.

Edited by Tryptych

9 hours ago, Tryptych said:

I've heard the Clark Pads are very hard and uncomfortable. They are intended for stunts, not comfort. I'm sure Chris Clark will tell you the same.

I have Clark Pads, and while I haven't used them on a V11 yet, they are surprisingly malleable for the material. Firm, but squishy. Not as comfortable as the cushy leather pads from russia, but still alright.

10 hours ago, Tryptych said:

It seemed to me like you were promoting your own thing. Sorry if it came across a little harsh. 😬 I just don't want people to have unjustified preconceptions about this product which I think looks very promising. I haven't even bought it myself yet, so I haven't experienced it first hand. 🤷

How are the custom power pads for doing stunts with? 🙂

On 10/31/2020 at 2:27 PM, h3X said:

How are the custom power pads for doing stunts with? 🙂

The custom power pads are good but a bit on the expensive side (like most pads). I wish there was more competition and more selection out there. 

I don't do many stunts but I'm big on safety: I've learned that pads are absolutely essential on the V11, even more than other wheels because the V11 is so top heavy, pads make it dramatically more stable at high speeds and give you much quicker braking. Once you've gotten used to pads you can never go back to riding it without them.

• Like 2

Makes me wonder if the pads I make for the sherman would fit. Anyone with a v-11 wanna try a set as a tester and tell me if they fit or not? Im hoping someone could let me know if the pads can just be laid upon the top most part of the saddle and give me a rough idea of how wide/tall will properly fit. Ive never seen a v11 in person, so this is a long shot.  I'll cover the cost (usa only please) but you cant complain as theyll be prototypes. I use an expensive epdm foam, but make them as simply as possible to keep costs down and enable easy to replace if one should get in a large crash. First one to pm me, wins (or loses, matter of perspective).

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Makes me wonder if the pads I make for the sherman would fit. Anyone with a v-11 wanna try a set as a tester and tell me if they fit or not? Im hoping someone could let me know if the pads can just be laid upon the top most part of the saddle and give me a rough idea of how wide/tall will properly fit. Ive never seen a v11 in person, so this is a long shot.  I'll cover the cost (usa only please) but you cant complain as theyll be prototypes. I use an expensive epdm foam, but make them as simply as possible to keep costs down and enable easy to replace if one should get in a large crash. First one to pm me, wins (or loses, matter of perspective).

I'll gladly try them out for you. My V11 is stuck at the LA port, but should have shipping info soon from ewheels.

I can take video/photos/measurements, or whatever you need. I've been trying to come up w/ a way to make my own pads, this will save me some trouble.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Anyone with a v-11 wanna try a set as a tester and tell me if they fit or not?

Show us a pic? I'm curious to see how they look. Include some measurements and I'm sure we could tell you if they'd work.

• Like 1

@mrelwood What did you use to attach the horizontal brake/pad on the saddle of your V11? I mean on the top part, that has the slippery vinyl surface, how did you attach that rubber or foam strip?  I'm having trouble getting my usual materials to stick to that slippery saddle.   The stem area is no problem, any heavy duty tape will stick to it.