MSP C30 reviews?

ricqvo

My wife has a C30 MSP, she stepped up from a 100v Nikola. Rides great, easy to get past 40 mph. For my money it's the ultimate MSX/P. At her weight she could easily hit 45 but then again she's smarter and better-looking than I am. Super-bright double headlight. Like all MSX/P, don't crash it, shells are easy to destroy (unlike the Nikola, which are very, very, very durable).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, who_the said:

My wife has a C30 MSP, she stepped up from a 100v Nikola. Rides great, easy to get past 40 mph. For my money it's the ultimate MSX/P. At her weight she could easily hit 45 but then again she's smarter and better-looking than I am. Super-bright double headlight. Like all MSX/P, don't crash it, shells are easy to destroy (unlike the Nikola, which are very, very, very durable).

Hey! Thank you for your comment! Could you please compare the Nikola Plus with the C30 MSP? I am deciding between those 2 wheels. Both got the 1800Wh LG battery.. I care about the range and torque the most I guess. Is the MSP better in terms of range or torque? What milage did your wife get on avg with both the wheels please?

Wish you a nice day, thank you!

22 hours ago, ricqvo said:

Hey! Thank you for your comment! Could you please compare the Nikola Plus with the C30 MSP? I am deciding between those 2 wheels. Both got the 1800Wh LG battery.. I care about the range and torque the most I guess. Is the MSP better in terms of range or torque? What milage did your wife get on avg with both the wheels please?

Wish you a nice day, thank you!

MSX has more top end. Nikola accelerates better, same C30 motor but in a smaller wheel. It's actually my all-time favorite. I prefer the 24s6p packs of the 1845wh Nikola, less sag. Nikola shell WAAAY more durable.

I have over 1300 miles on my MSP C30 but really hadn’t thought of typing out a review.  I’ve ridden nearly every wheel out there including 6k+ miles recently on my Nikola. I will say that this has become my favorite wheel for sure. I weigh around 225 pounds fully loaded and have gotten the wheel to 43 mph but usually stay in the mid-30’s max when riding. I didn’t hear warning beeps at 43 so I’ll assume that I still had more available. The lift cutoff speed is 60.4mph. I purchased the high speed version because I wanted to ride in the 30’s and not have to worry about hitting the wheels limits. 

This wheel is very fast! While a smaller wheel will launch more quickly, the MSP feels quickest after 20mph and will continue to gain speed rapidly until you back off or over lean. It definitely benefits from power pads, and I’d say it’s a must to get the most performance available. I’ve taken the wheel on just about every terrain including up mountains and it performs well in all conditions. If averaging 25mph, I’ll get nearly 35 miles of range. At 15mph, I can squeeze nearly 50 miles range. Bumps and imperfections that were felt on my Nikola are much softer with the MSP.  I do like the lights and waterproofing better on the Nikola and the shell is much more robust, along with a more user friendly handle. The headlights and stereo are nicer on the MSP, along with a seat. Both carve nicely with the smaller wheel obviously a bit more responsive. Stability has been superb and I’ve been shocked at how smooth the wheel rolls, even at 40+mph. I definitely can recommend the MSP C30, although the 100V Nikola is a very close second. I think having a seat available for the Nik would put them at a tie for me. 

• Like 3

On 8/15/2020 at 9:41 PM, Dzlchef said:

I have over 1300 miles on my MSP C30 but really hadn’t thought of typing out a review.  I’ve ridden nearly every wheel out there including 6k+ miles recently on my Nikola. I will say that this has become my favorite wheel for sure. I weigh around 225 pounds fully loaded and have gotten the wheel to 43 mph but usually stay in the mid-30’s max when riding. I didn’t hear warning beeps at 43 so I’ll assume that I still had more available. The lift cutoff speed is 60.4mph. I purchased the high speed version because I wanted to ride in the 30’s and not have to worry about hitting the wheels limits. 

This wheel is very fast! While a smaller wheel will launch more quickly, the MSP feels quickest after 20mph and will continue to gain speed rapidly until you back off or over lean. It definitely benefits from power pads, and I’d say it’s a must to get the most performance available. I’ve taken the wheel on just about every terrain including up mountains and it performs well in all conditions. If averaging 25mph, I’ll get nearly 35 miles of range. At 15mph, I can squeeze nearly 50 miles range. Bumps and imperfections that were felt on my Nikola are much softer with the MSP.  I do like the lights and waterproofing better on the Nikola and the shell is much more robust, along with a more user friendly handle. The headlights and stereo are nicer on the MSP, along with a seat. Both carve nicely with the smaller wheel obviously a bit more responsive. Stability has been superb and I’ve been shocked at how smooth the wheel rolls, even at 40+mph. I definitely can recommend the MSP C30, although the 100V Nikola is a very close second. I think having a seat available for the Nik would put them at a tie for me. 

Thank you very much! I am deciding between those two wheels...

Does the Nik+ have a smaller range? I really wannna get the best range as well as being able to ride 30mph most of the time...

Thank you!

On 8/8/2020 at 10:15 PM, RayBanMonster said:

It’s odd, the second fastest wheel is utterly silent in the community

I'm patiently waiting for my pre-order to get acknowledged as I'm just as curious as everyone else here. BUT, maybe everyone's riding and enjoying it so much, they have nothing to report in about. I'm just hoping that's the case since GW's msp recipe just reflects the msx predecessor. 
What I want to know is if anyone's still having those random wire burnouts outside of that faulty batch reported mid-July. 

37 minutes ago, goos3man said:

I'm patiently waiting for my pre-order to get acknowledged as I'm just as curious as everyone else here. BUT, maybe everyone's riding and enjoying it so much, they have nothing to report in about. I'm just hoping that's the case since GW's msp recipe just reflects the msx predecessor. 
What I want to know is if anyone's still having those random wire burnouts outside of that faulty batch reported mid-July. 

After a lot is consideration, I just ordered both the high speed and torque version of the MSP.  I’ve had a lot of success or luck with my previous Gotway wheels and felt like the MSP series gives me the most for my money.  I’m hoping since the MSP just had some issues, that Gotway is on their game with this latest batch.  We know they can put out a quality wheel since the MSX 84v was very reliable.  I’ve had no issues with my MCM5 and Mten3 as well.

I especially like that Ewheels  updated the pedals with Monster pro pedals and that we can get rid of the rainbow led lights with some other options.  I’m feeling good about it, but we will see.

• Like 1

I received my MSP2k on the 15th. I've put about 100 miles on it. This thing is AMAZING. Its acceleration from about 15-20 + is really great. I've mostly rode on the streets and a little on the grass. Its great going up the hills in my area. I've been cruising at 35 ish no beeps and its really steady. Mine came with the pedals from the Monster Pro, which are pretty great. The angle on the pedals isn't as steep as the stock MSP pedals. The wheel itself feels solid and strong. The trolley handle still sucks, my wife had a wild ride in the elevator. I'm 6'2" 200 lbs and I dont think i'm missing any torque in my riding so far. I went out at 100% batter rode with an average of 22 mph and was at 30% bat after about 40 ish miles so it seems pretty good. I did the fun lift cut off test and it cut off at 100.1 kph (before i swapped ecuworld to mph). If you have any questions please ask! I'll do a full write up after i get some more miles on this thing but so far its great. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wookz said:

I received my MSP2k on the 15th. I've put about 100 miles on it. This thing is AMAZING. Its acceleration from about 15-20 + is really great. I've mostly rode on the streets and a little on the grass. Its great going up the hills in my area. I've been cruising at 35 ish no beeps and its really steady. Mine came with the pedals from the Monster Pro, which are pretty great. The angle on the pedals isn't as steep as the stock MSP pedals. The wheel itself feels solid and strong. The trolley handle still sucks, my wife had a wild ride in the elevator. I'm 6'2" 200 lbs and I dont think i'm missing any torque in my riding so far. I went out at 100% batter rode with an average of 22 mph and was at 30% bat after about 40 ish miles so it seems pretty good. I did the fun lift cut off test and it cut off at 100.1 kph (before i swapped ecuworld to mph). If you have any questions please ask! I'll do a full write up after i get some more miles on this thing but so far its great. 

Nice, I am thinking on getting the high speed version too.  My question is whats the temps' like?  Give it a good workout and report back please, I am about the same size and my only concern is in the heat of the summer in the city with alot of stop & go... 

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

After a lot is consideration, I just ordered both the high speed and torque version of the MSP.  I’ve had a lot of success or luck with my previous Gotway wheels and felt like the MSP series gives me the most for my money.  I’m hoping since the MSP just had some issues, that Gotway is on their game with this latest batch.  We know they can put out a quality wheel since the MSX 84v was very reliable.  I’ve had no issues with my MCM5 and Mten3 as well.

I especially like that Ewheels  updated the pedals with Monster pro pedals and that we can get rid of the rainbow led lights with some other options.  I’m feeling good about it, but we will see.

Yeah, I loved my 84v which I could definitely attest to as being super reliable; the pedals were swapped out to nikolas. I managed to hit about 35-36mph with my weight 185-190lbs and had no problems so long as you respect the 'beeps'. I really wanted the 100v msx proper, but at least this c30 has all the bells and whistles. Yeah, the preorder eWheels package with the pedals just sealed the deal for me. I couldn't stand the stock pedal angles as it just forces your legs into a locked position. I prefer a more staggered stance, and that alone made me way more mobile for aggressive carving speeds.  

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi guys I have the c30 high speed msp super , and I absolutely love it, it fast it nimble and feels great to ride as you put the miles on!!! The lights on it are amazing a little to good as they tend to blind people ! I also own Kingsong s18 which is also a great suspension wheel . But there is some more enjoyable about the gotway msp. 

Gotway as a company has its floors though, such as safety isn't as good as Kingsong and with in electronics there are no fuses which means more chance of blowing a circuit which is rare but still very possible! Water proofing is sort of there but not really work so riding in rain is a No No!!!!! Mudguard is not supply with new wheels so you have to buy it , and that is a must 👌 but put that all aside this wheel is amazing even better when you add power pads.

As I said I road mine and got caught out on a down pour ,two days later it wouldn't turn on but it in the shop now just waiting to see what the problem is as I got covers over the switches and over the handle. Plus I took cover until it stopped so not sure what caused it .. but I miss the wheel can't wait to get it back.. so all in all definitely get it but make sure you watch all videos  on it and take all necessary steps to avoid water and getting in!!! Have fun as you will😲🤗😃

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/8/2021 at 7:36 PM, Tony gullick said:

Hi guys I have the c30 high speed msp super , and I absolutely love it, it fast it nimble and feels great to ride as you put the miles on!!! The lights on it are amazing a little to good as they tend to blind people ! I also own Kingsong s18 which is also a great suspension wheel . But there is some more enjoyable about the gotway msp. 

Gotway as a company has its floors though, such as safety isn't as good as Kingsong and with in electronics there are no fuses which means more chance of blowing a circuit which is rare but still very possible! Water proofing is sort of there but not really work so riding in rain is a No No!!!!! Mudguard is not supply with new wheels so you have to buy it , and that is a must 👌 but put that all aside this wheel is amazing even better when you add power pads.

As I said I road mine and got caught out on a down pour ,two days later it wouldn't turn on but it in the shop now just waiting to see what the problem is as I got covers over the switches and over the handle. Plus I took cover until it stopped so not sure what caused it .. but I miss the wheel can't wait to get it back.. so all in all definitely get it but make sure you watch all videos  on it and take all necessary steps to avoid water and getting in!!! Have fun as you will😲🤗😃

Did you get to the bottom of the issue, Tony?

Just about to start with mine, but raining here, so will wait until the ground is dry once more, I don’t want to fry or flood it!