Is there a consensus re: best Power Pads?

@buell47 here on the forums makes great pads. @mrelwood is correct though. I ordered pads for my Ks16x which were made to perfectly fit at the top of the wheel aesthetically. It was impossible for me to ride the wheel with the pads in that position, I even thought I put them on backwards (which I didn't). I have since experimented with placement and found a spot where they feel comfortable to me. I think you can go with pretty much any pads you like the look/quality of since even ones made to spec for your exact wheel will most likely have to be placed off center depending on your stance. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The part that makes universally best pads impossible is the variation in riders’ posture. Some accelerate with straight legs, some crouch deep in preparation for bumps, so the position of the front pad varies wildly. Same thing for braking, if you want to brake with straight knees, the pads need to be a few inches further back than if you are a sitter.

Wow, really good point.

On 7/25/2020 at 12:43 PM, Skecys said:

It was impossible for me to ride the wheel with the pads in that position, I even thought I put them on backwards (which I didn't). I have since experimented with placement and found a spot where they feel comfortable to me.

It's a pity that you are one of the few who cannot cope with this position. The reason is well explained by @mrelwood.

With many EUCs it is also difficult to position the cutout where it should be individual, because the space is limited. With the 16X there is not much room for the brake pad. At least not if it should look good. 

The cutout is not given with my pads and can be changed if desired. Unfortunately only few are able to provide these measurements and leave it at the standard size. 

Anzeige-18-L-V1-1-40.jpg

20200722-082313.jpg

20200722-082203.jpg

20200722-082052.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/EUCPowerPads/

6 minutes ago, buell47 said:

@Skecys

If possible I can rework your pads again for free.  Only the shipping is your part. :)

Haha, no need, but thanks. The pads are great, just had to put them in a different position (not so high up). :thumbup:

is it possible to get these pads with velcro across the entire back and to then affix velcro to the wheel so they can be adjusted as a new rider figures out where best to place them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniMe said:

is it possible to get these pads with velcro across the entire back and to then affix velcro to the wheel so they can be adjusted as a new rider figures out where best to place them?

That’s what I mentioned in the OP. Also helps when you have to open up the wheel.

• 11 months later...
On 7/27/2020 at 8:09 AM, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

I'm not a Velcro fan, but you can get the pads without double sided tape and do the Velcro thing on your own.:) 

Anything wrong with velcro or just personal preference?

First reason is personal, because I don't like gaps. 

Second, I don't like the dirt in all those gaps 

Third, Velcro in 100 mm width for low surface energy materials is not available and the other crap which is available in this width doesn't stick very well on EPDM. 

• Like 1

I use dual lock for my pads, hold very strong and still can adjust. Lots of room for dust though, but I'm off road as much as possible so dust is a never ending story. 

I use two different shoes depending if I'm cruising or riding dirt so I need to be able to move the pads.

• Like 1

The best pads are the two-piece designs that allow you to place the front and rear pieces separately. Clarkpads or the printed ones from thingiverse by NickNonsense are two examples. 

Once you have found your personal setup, you can take measurements and now you don’t need to do any guessing on all future wheel/pad setups. You can also print a solid one piece design/DIY foam if you will be abusing them heavily. 

Velcro tape is great it's easy and cheap too. Being able to shift the pads position is really useful as you want various degrees of clampdown on your foot, depending on terrain. If your jumping or riding rough rooty trails you want your feet tight and for crusing speedier stuff you want em looser. Plus with velcro you can change the angle of the shin pads for upright stance or more knees bent, again, depends on terrain and preferences. Clarkepads are awesome, they have heel and foot pegs so you can really lock your feet in.

• Like 1