Easy to equip - safety gear.

Hi guys,

I´m to be using my EUC to and from my office everyday.

I wear a suit everyday, and there is no way I can get the elbow and knee protectors under my shirt and pants. 

But sliding them over the clothes wrinkles them a lot, and is a basically just a pain in the a.. . 

Riding in the city, I need the protection. 

Do you guys know of any good elbow and knee protectors that can be attached on the outside of the clothes (without sliding them on), while still providing really good protection ?

Thanks in advance.

Pjoke

Edited by Pjoke
  • Like 1

Loose fitting pads that don't wrinkle a suit but stay in place is a tall order to fill. I've no suggestions aside from some kind of overall type, but then you'd look like michelin man and probably sweat out or wrinkle anyhow.  Depending on the cut of the pants, there are some knees that can go under, but i know thats not what you are asking. Perhaps a loose jacket and loose pants to pull over? I'd be concerned about thread piling on anything OVER a suit.  Im eagerly awaiting suggestions for your needs..:popcorn:

Edited by ShanesPlanet

G-form look awesome RoadRunner!

My problem is the "sleeve" form which all good knee and elbow guards have.

You have to "slip into" them and can't just strap them on.

I know it will still leave a wrinkle or two 😉 But pulling something over a shirt or suit jacket does more then that. 

I´m basically looking for some guards that can be strapped on without needing to pull them on (hope this makes sense) but they still have to provide amble protection of course.

Triple 8 knee & elbow pads do not require that you slip them on. The Velcro opens up fully.

image.png.71047fced71746b6c0922b1d531ebcde.png

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0000ASZ97/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_-2adFb63JAXGH

Also you might consider a Performance Hoodie or an Armored Jacket, just order a size larger to fit over your suit:

https://lazyrolling.com/collections/all 

I use something like this. These are Polisport Prime, made for Motorcross.

437c132ffecfc15878bd5ac1537941041838cca9

I also heard a lot of good things about Leatt Dual Axis, which is the same principle.

They take 10 seconds to put on and 5 to take off. :)

Edited by Tazarinho

Do they still sell those cheap plastic caps with velcro for knees and ankles? You know, the kind that were big in the 80's and roller skaters wear? I think they came in a bag for like $15 both sets.

Do they still sell those cheap plastic caps with velcro for knees and ankles? You know, the kind that were big in the 80's and roller skaters wear? I think they came in a bag for like $15 both sets.

These have been serving me well for 8000Km and various falls up to medium speed.
If anything I think a spine protection would be more important than replacing them.

I'm on the path of upgrading due to riding faster though.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Pjoke said:

G-form look awesome RoadRunner!

My problem is the "sleeve" form which all good knee and elbow guards have.

You have to "slip into" them and can't just strap them on.

I know it will still leave a wrinkle or two 😉 But pulling something over a shirt or suit jacket does more then that. 

I´m basically looking for some guards that can be strapped on without needing to pull them on (hope this makes sense) but they still have to provide amble protection of course.

I thought of the g form more to put them under the shirt because they have a low profile.

I'm using the Leatt Dual Axis knee protectors because they are strap on. They may wrinkle your clothes, but at least they're easy to fit and take off. Over jeans they're good, haven't used them over suit trousers yet. Then I'm using a ventilated motorcycle jacket (Helt Tropic 3.0) for upper body protection. Again, easy to wear, but difficult to say whether it'll wrinkle your clothes or not. I'd leave the suit jacket at work and just wear the motorbike jacket over the shirt, should work. I'd probably just wear normal clothes under the armour and do a quick superman visit to the bog at the office to change clothes.