Side pads for EUC

sCar

20 hours ago, Bryan MacDonald said:

I'm also curious.  I've got an 18L and think they might work great with it.

I ordered them today, so if nobody answers I will let you know how they are in about a week or two ;) 

• Like 1

I have these for my 18XL. They are quality pads. The padding is thick and dense. I have readjusted my pads 3 times and the pads show no sign of tearing.

The only issue is that when properly fitted, the pads don't allow the footplates to close all the way. I had an EUC stand that I bought from Duf and i am no longer able to use the stand due to the footplates not closing.

Still worth it though. The pads ship from China and arrived 10 days from date of order. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jonesq said:

I have these for my 18XL. They are quality pads. The padding is thick and dense. I have readjusted my pads 3 times and the pads show no sign of tearing.

The only issue is that when properly fitted, the pads don't allow the footplates to close all the way. I had an EUC stand that I bought from Duf and i am no longer able to use the stand due to the footplates not closing.

Still worth it though. The pads ship from China and arrived 10 days from date of order. 

Good to hear that the quality is decent, I guess we will have to readjust it to right height for us. Not being able to close the footplates might be an issue, will have to see how that can be adjusted. 

But thanks for the input, it seems like I won't regret the buy at least :) 

1 hour ago, sCar said:

Good to hear that the quality is decent, I guess we will have to readjust it to right height for us. Not being able to close the footplates might be an issue, will have to see how that can be adjusted. 

But thanks for the input, it seems like I won't regret the buy at least :) 

You can close the footpads if you line the pads up to where they are far behind center. When you do it that way, the back of your shoe ends up gripping the back of the pad. It's doable and you still get some grip, but having it centered is way better imo.

you could also remove the stock pads from the top of the EUC to allow you to position the pads higher up. However if you do that it becomes much harder to generate lift with your foot since the pad rests much higher on the wheel.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 2:58 PM, Jonesq said:

I agree the quality is good. Dense foam. Perfect fit for MSX. I’d prefer the back ridges to be thicker. They are thinner than the front triangle. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 12:17 AM, Jonesq said:

You can close the footpads if you line the pads up to where they are far behind center. When you do it that way, the back of your shoe ends up gripping the back of the pad. It's doable and you still get some grip, but having it centered is way better imo.

you could also remove the stock pads from the top of the EUC to allow you to position the pads higher up. However if you do that it becomes much harder to generate lift with your foot since the pad rests much higher on the wheel.

Okej so you kept the stock side pads and added them under them, from what I have seen most people just remove the stock ones and replace them with the power pads at the same position. 

I guess if you want to jump or have something that could get your feet not to scramble around it would be better to have it lower.  I will have to do some trial and error there :) 

16 hours ago, RoCan said:

I agree the quality is good. Dense foam. Perfect fit for MSX. I’d prefer the back ridges to be thicker. They are thinner than the front triangle. 

Good to hear that, since it is dense it is probably more durable than the Russian power pads, just hoping that the comfort is enough :) 

Got mine yesterday, installed them on my V8 and tested today.

I got them pretty much ok on the first try, I just had to reposition one.

I installed them a bit lower than in the pics, and I had to add the Inmotion ankle protectors (before I was riding with a cover which gives some thickness/protection).

I would say... useful in extreme acceleration/braking situation, and confortable to the skin (I had shorts during the 10km test). 

To accelerate I need to bend my knees a bit and I get in contact with the pad, if I just lean as usual it would take a while to get there. But I feel that if I moved the pads a bit backwards they will interfere with the freedom needed for slow, precise operation. 

Contact is faster with the back side. 

Lol, I just realized that in most of the standalone pictures I have seen (included the one posted above) the pads are upside down :-)

They are installed straight horizontal, the pic makes it look tilted. 

IMG_20200704_123058_compress86.jpg

Edited by Coco66
  • Like 2

I have them on my MSP and they significantly change the dynamics of the wheel. It’s vital that you use tape to temporarily attach them to get the proper angle right for your riding style. Measure and take your time before applying... I’m pleasantly surprised what a difference they make accelerating!  On the critical side the breaking pad could be designed differently as it’s just to thin to get a real grip with you calf to optimize slowing the wheel down. I think we could go further with developing real molds/casts for some interesting pads that are more ergonomic.

Let’s put @Rehab1 up to the task..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Coco66 said:

Got mine yesterday, installed them on my V8 and tested today.

I got them pretty much ok on the first try, I just had to reposition one.

I installed them a bit lower than in the pics, and I had to add the Inmotion ankle protectors (before I was riding with a cover which gives some thickness/protection).

I would say... useful in extreme acceleration/braking situation, and confortable to the skin (I had shorts during the 10km test). 

To accelerate I need to bend my knees a bit and I get in contact with the pad, if I just lean as usual it would take a while to get there. But I feel that if I moved the pads a bit backwards they will interfere with the freedom needed for slow, precise operation. 

Contact is faster with the back side. 

Lol, I just realized that in most of the standalone pictures I have seen (included the one posted above) the pads are upside down :-)

They are installed straight horizontal, the pic makes it look tilted. 

IMG_20200704_123058_compress86.jpg

Nice! Thanks for the review, I have not yet recieved mine, I think they will arrive in the beginning of next week.

I guess you will have to find a good placement for the pads that fits you since we are vary in leg thickness length and riding position. 

I'm just curious if putting them lower is better for the  foot grip or put it higher and have a extra pad at the ankles. 

8 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

I have them on my MSP and they significantly change the dynamics of the wheel. It’s vital that you use tape to temporarily attach them to get the proper angle right for your riding style. Measure and take your time before applying... I’m pleasantly surprised what a difference they make accelerating!  On the critical side the breaking pad could be designed differently as it’s just to thin to get a real grip with you calf to optimize slowing the wheel down. I think we could go further with developing real molds/casts for some interesting pads that are more ergonomic.

Yes I will probably buy some velcro tape so you can change the position on them and also if you want to switch weel and still keep them.

If you put then low I think they would be even good for jumping... but will have to check if all your shoes fit :-) 

1 hour ago, sCar said:

Yes I will probably buy some velcro tape so you can change the position on them and also if you want to switch weel and still keep them.

Good point too. I think I may have some "industrial strength" leftovers. 

Veery good point. 

Edited by Coco66

On 6/26/2020 at 10:40 PM, sCar said:

Hello!

Has anyone tried these type of pads before? I couldn't find anyone who had these. I have seen people with kuji pads and like the russian leather pads.

If there is anyone who have these, are they any good?

Power-pads-for-GotWay-Msuper-pro-Msuper-

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001110842385.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.51.1f3a473aCtj0Qb

There are also these pads with slightly different size available:

H155bc74aa9804084a48c7982b5e07a57R.jpg

H4af2399f7abc4a6fbe558ed530b031e1s.jpg?w

• Like 2

I really liked the Velcro idea, and I found 3m Dual Lock here in Japan, so... I came up with the following design.

This is the pad:

Slide1.JPG.663a431545feae8ed7b5ab200852851c.JPG

This is the view of the shell, and how I will position the velcro in respect to my current pad position:

Slide2.JPG.6dfe5ceaf3ef4e1623edc5b86015ec2e.JPGSlide3.JPG.bbe13f95f80fd6321d52e666fab59106.JPG

This will allow me to move the pad 2.5 cm on each side, giving a range of 5 cm horizontally and 5 cm vertically.  Slide4.jpg.71f2cbe389622790c4d1db9009aa71ba.jpg

Or even more if I don't care about exposing the shell's velcro.

All done with one 1.5 m roll of velcro (which was the more convenient format).

Now waiting for Amazon to deliver! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Good point.

Unfortunately duck tape (the only strong enough stuff I had available for such a job) does not stick on the pad's material... and working your way trough positioning, holding the pad manually in place while trying to keep the correct stance to be able to judge, made it for some very nice picture opportunities, believe me :-) 

Edited by Coco66
  • Like 1

Most of these foam pads are $80 or more. You can buy self curing foam at an arts and crafts store for a fraction of that. I want to try making a set. You could make any shape you wanted and sell them for much less. Lots of tutorials on Youtube.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, z3n said:

There are also these pads with slightly different size available:

H155bc74aa9804084a48c7982b5e07a57R.jpg

H4af2399f7abc4a6fbe558ed530b031e1s.jpg?w

I have seen those and they also look interesting, but I already ordered mine and also I couldn't find these in any EU warehouse at aliexpress.

11 hours ago, Coco66 said:

I really liked the Velcro idea, and I found 3m Dual Lock here in Japan, so... I came up with the following design.

This is the pad:

Slide1.JPG.663a431545feae8ed7b5ab200852851c.JPG

This is the view of the shell, and how I will position the velcro in respect to my current pad position:

Slide2.JPG.6dfe5ceaf3ef4e1623edc5b86015ec2e.JPGSlide3.JPG.bbe13f95f80fd6321d52e666fab59106.JPG

This will allow me to move the pad 2.5 cm on each side, giving a range of 5 cm horizontally and 5 cm vertically.  Slide4.jpg.71f2cbe389622790c4d1db9009aa71ba.jpg

Or even more if I don't care about exposing the shell's velcro.

All done with one 1.5 m roll of velcro (which was the more convenient format).

Now waiting for Amazon to deliver! 

Wow  that is awesome did you draw that up? I guess if you put that much velcro it would not fall off even if the wheel would tumble down a hill, but I wouldn't put that much velcro as for just regular cruising I don't think that much would be needed. But with many spots you do have the freedom to move it around and still have good grip, I think it is well thought out! 

10 hours ago, agronick said:

Most of these foam pads are $80 or more. You can buy self curing foam at an arts and crafts store for a fraction of that. I want to try making a set. You could make any shape you wanted and sell them for much less. Lots of tutorials on Youtube.

That is an interesting idea can you please try it out and show us some pics after. Eventhough we already bought the pads that could be good to use for other parts like ankle pads or around the feet. 

54 minutes ago, sCar said:

Wow  that is awesome did you draw that up? I guess if you put that much velcro it would not fall off even if the wheel would tumble down a hill, but I wouldn't put that much velcro as for just regular cruising I don't think that much would be needed. But with many spots you do have the freedom to move it around and still have good grip, I think it is well thought out! 

Yes, I did draw that... nothing special, come on. 

The shell side is maybe overdone, I agree, but I will go with that anyway, since I need to cover as much as possible of the pads to have flexibility, anf I should find a use for the "other side" of the Velcro... 

Edited by Coco66