Chao Yang (CYT) H587 tyre?

Planemo

I ordered a CYT H5102 from China to replace the stock one on my MSX. I did this because I love it. I received an H587 which I do not believe I have seen fitted to an EUC before. Anyone got any knowledge on this tyre?

It may be better, it may be worse, but all I know is that I really, really like the 5102.

Cheers

Yep that's the one! Sorry I didn't know we had a tyre section :unsure:

It's certainly the right size, just no idea how it performs and I don't really want to pull the wheel apart twice in case it doesn't :blink1:

Yeah I know its not a major job but...you know...still hassle. I didn't want to ride on it either unless it was staying on, I figured if someone else liked it (I don't like the H666 for example - some people love them) I thought at least I could sell it on as brand new.

Just based on appearance, it looks like a nice balance between the more aggressive H-666 and the more road-friendly H-5102. If you do decide to put it on, let us know how it feels! This tire has been shipping on some of the S18 demo units, but EUCO's unit was equipped with the 5102 so I can't personally speak to it. Maybe you'd want to ask @Kuji Rolls or @evX_Mick who I believe have this tire on their S18 demo unit as to how it performs? 

• Like 2

Based on the appearance alone, my guess is it would handle and grip quite similar to the H-5102. Don’t even try to go off-roading when it’s wet, on either one...

56 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Just based on appearance, it looks like a nice balance between the more aggressive H-666 and the more road-friendly H-5102.

I agree, it does look like an 'inbetween' tread pattern. 

56 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

IThis tire has been shipping on some of the S18 demo units

Ah, interesting, I didnt know that! I will see if I can dig up some more info. 

33 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Based on the appearance alone, my guess is it would handle and grip quite similar to the H-5102. Don’t even try to go off-roading when it’s wet, on either one...

Anyone who thinks either of these will be much good for off roading, let alone when wet, probably doesnt have much experience re tread patterns vs terrain.

The 5102 is perfect for me but like you say it certainly has its limitations :)

tbh you were my main hope for any info on the 587, looks like I need to keep looking!

4 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

@meepmeepmayer another one to move to the tire forum :)

Done (since you asked).

In principle there is nothing wrong with starting a topic wherever. It may also get more eyeballs in the General Discussion forum (after all, who checks the tire forum?) and can later be moved to a place where it is easier to find.

So nobody think any tire topic must be in the tire forum. It's up to you guys:)

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 9:12 PM, Planemo said:

tbh you were my main hope for any info on the 587, looks like I need to keep looking!

Haha! Sorry, I’ve only seen the tire on the S18 photos and videos.