Mten3 "Gotway Dance"

CGPro856

• 2 weeks later...

I've taught numerous people to ride using the mten3

granted they weighed more than 100lb, it is an excellent wheel because as @Darrell Wesh indicated, the wheel responds when the rider merely thinks about going in any given direction. 

The key instruction I give for learning this wheel is: "keep even balance, and just think about where you want to go; you can even just point in that direction and it'll start carrying you that way"

On 8/15/2020 at 12:42 PM, 3rdlieutenant said:

Okay - I've convinced my little guy to try again this weekend, thanks for the inputs here, I think we'll try on the V5F this time

when learning with any wheel, just make sure it falls quickly rather than slowly, this is how to avoid the dance and ankle bite

the mten3 is an excellent wheel to learn on 

• Like 2

Second-entry.jpg

Best way to handle to Mten3 Dance:

Abandon the wheel as soon as you start to lose control and spread out your legs wide, out of the way of the wild critter!

• Like 2

Last spring I pressured my wife to try and ride my Monster. I figured that since it had such low pedals and was not very fast off of the line that she would be very comfortable on it (she does not ride). Got her all geared up and proceeded to the front lawn. When she went to mount the wheel she missed the pedal and the Gotway dance started. As it started to spin I grabbed it and it took a huge chunk out of my  left index finger... wife was not injured, but she will not go near the Monster now, lol.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

for anyone still following this, roll.nz now stocks an metn3 bodyguard. Just ordered one and will make a video after it arrives. It will be the 4th EUC bodyguard i've owned. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Careful of 'the dance' on asphalt. My mten likes to slam its rear flat side down with a vengeance. My RollNZ cover has some holes from it. Love the cover, even made my own vid too. Just be aware that they arent bulletproof. It does make it comfy and definitely hides abuse from a previous uncovered life. No worry about those uber soft pads fallin off in pieces either! Grats on the purchase, Im sure youll enjoy it. I got ya beat tho, I've had 5 covers since i began :)

Oh hell no. It smacks itself hard in the same spot it falls. Last thing I need is a string hooked to it so it can chase me down too.. :)  Friends don't let friend imprison their mten!

• Like 2

I’m still using a webbing belt for a leash. It saves a lot of wear and tear on the wheel. The instructions that came with the wheel suggested using a leash.

I’m just about convinced I need the 67v Mten3.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

I’m still using a webbing belt for a leash. It saves a lot of wear and tear on the wheel. The instructions that came with the wheel suggested using a leash.

I’m just about convinced I need the 67v Mten3.

They are still available for $600. I imagine they wont be for very long, as it seems people are paying $1k+ for more battery. I havent needed more battery than the 67v, but i also don't expect it to act like a high speed, long distance, rock climbing wheel. If your 16s is enough range/power/speed for you, then the only logical step is to just go more portable. At the $1k price point tho, I'd almost suggest a badass used 16 or 18 as a second wheel and the mten as a third. Of course, this is wholly dependant on if you even need more specs than what you have. Fwiw, the mten can take a beating and keep ticking. At least mine has so far... For the random toss in a car just in case, the mten is awesome. Half the time I take it with me and dont ever use it. Not a big deal at all, since it doesnt hurt my back to lift the little thing.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1