eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

2 hours ago, Mantraguy said:

Sounds good - let me know when there's a Gotway module to try out, and maybe some brief instructions on how to install it (I assume it will be the same process but a different file for step 4)?

You are done with daflasher, you will only need it if the p8 goes to dfu mode, I will explain when that might happen, and only for step4 in that case, you will never repeat steps 1-3.

From now on you manage your p8 from the chrome browser, but instead of going to the p8-loader:

https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/p8#euc

you need will go to the p8-testing loader:

https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/p8-testing#euc

You will just select the gotway module when I will upload it, 

but before that, go to the installer tab on the testing, the second link, and do an install all again, this repo is a bit newer than the one you installed and structure changed. I wrote the how-to with stable in mind, but we do not have gotway in stable yet. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 3

@Seba, can you verify that veterans give out info in correct byte form, packet a or packet b?

I looked at wheellogs code, he is doing byte per byte checks to get the info, I did it that way too, made it so that it does one check instead of 20, only to realize that no byte order checks are necessary, the byte order is allays correct. 

Could it be that Lefteris's sherman has a new firmware, or is the code on wheellog overengineered? 

• Like 1

I have all kinds of watches for riding--Samsung S2, Lemfo LEMT and recently Conquest F2, a mini 3" phone. I want one that can serve me in different ways. Finally, I settled with Conquest F2. It gives me a full screen for all different EUC apps, can make phone calls. It is a full android wearable phone, best of all, it has nfc for purchase payments. Samsung S2 watch face is too small and limited riding info. Lemfo doesn't have nfc feature. Check it out! 

F2.jpg

• Like 2

those are excellent solutions, but serve different life style. 

The reason eucwatch exists is because my nb one got stolen a year back, I left it unattended for some minutes and someone thought is was abandoned. The police got it back for me, it was a happy end, but I wanted an easy way to lock it, and getting the phone out or having the phone always connected in the first place, it is  not my style. :)

This watch needs recharging once a week with  normal riding, connects in an instant, and generally the way I use it, I don't really look at it, it is under my jacket. I use the haptic to get informed, I think with some more tests and fine tuning, as it becomes more used, more people will use the haptic. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 3

I will try to explain why I think haptic makes a difference.

There is route I usually take when going for groceries, when getting back I am hands full with them. It is only after I wrote the haptic that I noticed how much of a difference the weight of the groceries make. When stopping without them to check traffic, I receive 1, maybe two short pulses, that is 5 or 6 regen amps. When doing that holding the cat food, I get 5 to 8 pulses, up to 13 amps, no much room left.

I think It is the best way to map the euc behavior realtime in our minds, because the info comes as it happens. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

I've updated my P8 to the firmware you suggested. Judging from the module names when they are being uploaded to the watch, it seems there are some neat features. Obviously I can't connect to a wheel yet (haven't even tried; the Gotway is my only wheel for now) but the watch shows 2 screens: one shows the time, date, battery % and 'eucWatch' at the bottom. A button press then gives me '24', an unlocked signal, then '2' on the top row; below are 4 values: top, run, trp, and tot. Button presses cycle through these 2 screens and screen off. I haven't found a way to turn the watch off or do anything else. Am I missing anything?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mantraguy said:

I haven't found a way to turn the watch off or do anything else. Am I missing anything?

You are so close :)

the button press goes step by step back to main screen, then off.

If hold, it will toggle the euc. 
The screen at the right of the clock face, is the euc, , you can also toggle the euc by a long hold on there.

From there you can swipe to the next page, the garage :)
also there is a global up swipe, the curtain

Do swipes, you will get it :)

Edited by enaon

OK I got to the list of EUC (Kingsong, Inmotion) and then the garage which of course shows empty. Is there anything else I should be able to do without having a wheel connected? If not I guess I'm all ready to test Gotway support when you have something for testing. Thanks! :-)

13 minutes ago, Mantraguy said:

OK I got to the list of EUC (Kingsong, Inmotion) and then the garage which of course shows empty. Is there anything else I should be able to do without having a wheel connected? If not I guess I'm all ready to test Gotway support when you have something for testing. Thanks! :-)

If you long hold on an empty garage spot, you will get to the "select wheel" scan screen, you can swipe there, the second page displays begode, by it will say not yet :)

I will have a module for you to test tomorrow if you like, I made all the hard work thinking veteran needs it :)

You can test the smartphone features, it can be used by gadget bridge to get notifications, can answer/silent calls, dismiss notifications, find the phone etc. It is not polished, but works. It eats battery when on, but you can disable/enable it from the watch too.

To do that:

• download gb from playstore,
  • swipe up on the watch to get to settings, press the bt/aerolane on top left, and enable the gb icon.
  • swipe back, press the info button on center bottom, then long hold on restart.
  • The screen will go off.
  • Scan for the watch from gb, it should display "espruino-devmode", connect(no bonding), then tap the side button on the watch. 

it will reboot with its normal name, and gb will still connect, as it only needs the mac.

Edited by enaon

13 minutes ago, enaon said:

If you long hold on an empty garage spot, you will get to the "select wheel" scan screen, you can swipe there, the second page displays begode, by it will say not yet :)

Nope, can't get there. Actually there's no indication that the watch responds to a screen touch on any screen. In the 'garage', I see 'empty' in the top left corner and it goes away after ~2 seconds. No screen touch, long or short, does anything on any screen. Should I try re-installing anything?

6 minutes ago, Mantraguy said:

Nope, can't get there. Actually there's no indication that the watch responds to a screen touch on any screen. In the 'garage', I see 'empty' in the top left corner and it goes away after ~2 seconds. No screen touch, long or short, does anything on any screen. Should I try re-installing anything?

That explains it. :)

Do you remember the original firmware behavior? Was it executing swipe commands before, or after your finger was off the screen?

In any case, there is a way to find out. Go  here and reupload the handler, press the 3 bars and select 816 as a touch controller, if not working again select the third choice. 

Edited by enaon

I think the original firmware (which came on the watch) did everything fine. Thanks for the instructions - I'll try that now and report back. :-)

• Like 1

I was getting errors trying to upload the handler so I've gone to the installer and am uploading everything from scratch, but with the 2nd touch controller (816) option.

8 minutes ago, Mantraguy said:

I think the original firmware (which came on the watch) did everything fine

:)
I am not saying it didn't work. But do you remeber if gestures were happening before or after the finger was off the screen?

3 minutes ago, Mantraguy said:

I was getting errors trying to upload the handler so I've gone to the installer and am uploading everything from scratch, but with the 2nd touch controller (816) option.

ok, no need to next time. 

refresh the page, then connect to the watch.
If still there is an error message about refreshing app list, go to my apps, and press the refresh apps button, it will be ok. 

Edited by enaon

I sometimes have problems getting a BT connection to the watch - not sure why. I usually have to cycle BT on and off on the phone a few times for it to work. I finally managed to connect and uploaded the 816 touch controller in the handler (I didn't do a big reinstall after all). Touch seems to work now. :-) I can scroll over to Begode, Veteran etc. Everything seems fine now - thanks again!

you are a lucky man, the 816 is the best one. You can do a double swipe down when screen is off to wake it, among other things. 

also. since you have the 816, most probably you have the bosh bma chip for the accel. Reupload the handler and select that, you can verify that it works by enabling the middle icon on the settings menu, it is the "wake screen on raise" button.

just to verify, are you doing all that from your phone, or from a win10 pc? :)

Edited by enaon

I don't have bluetooth on my PC so I've been using my phone. I'm going to switch to a laptop though; I can never seem to connect with BT on the phone.

The double-swipe down to wake screen doesn't seem to work but I'll try the different accelerator. How do I get to the settings menu?

Also, the time has changed on the watch after the update. I'm in GMT -8 (North American Pacific time; it's 10:54am here now). What number do I want to select for timezone?

to remember timezone: set the time by pressing the button on the site, then issue a restart from the same page, the next button. 

settings menu: swipe up from almost any other page.

double swipe down not working is strange, maybe you need to do it a bit faster, maybe you have the 816s, I hope not  :)

the problem with the phone needing bt toglle to work seems like an app is trying to connect to the watch. It only allows for one incoming connection, so if one is trying, others cannot. You can check if any apps are running, daflasher is a suspect/force close it,  or you can force close the bt from the watch itself, in the bt menu, the cli icon. 

the status of the incoming bt connection is reported in detail on the date field, on clock face. 

a black bt icon means incomming bt is allowd but not connected,

white is connected, unknown service.

purple is  the loader etc. 

raf is gadgetbridge connected

blue is eucworld for future bridge support. 

Edited by enaon

BT works great now on the laptop.

I've tried all permutations of options in the handler, with the following results:

Touch controller: 716 and 816S don't allow any touchscreen to work; 816 is the only one that works.

Accelerator type: BMA421 does not allow 'wake on raise'. Only the SC7A20 works with that function.

So, I've set the options to 816 and SC7A20.

I haven't found any permutation that allows the screen to turn on with a double-swipe down from the top (or any other directions). Maybe there's a setting I have to enable for that? I'm still working out what all the setting icons do. ;-) Some of them don't do anything so they must require a wheel connection I guess.

I don't see any change of the BT icon on the main watch screen when I'm uploading handler options but it seems to connect and upload just fine so I'm not concerned with that.

nice and strange, you have the first watch I know of with a 816 and sc7. Forget the wake on double swipe down for now, we will solve this mystery later :)

the only button that does nothing for now is the one that looks like a painting tool, the themes. The rest will be on if conditions apply, like if gb is connected, but those are for another time too. I will try to have a begode module for you tomorrow, thanks for your efforts so far :)

p.s.

Double swipe down t owake mystery solved, I only allow for that if the watch was put to sleep by a swipe down gesture in the first place, it it went to sleep by timeout or button press, swipe to wake s disabled. I think I am overdoing it with power savings on the 816, forget it for now, I will make it wake always on a single down gesture. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

On 3/5/2021 at 9:36 PM, Mantraguy said:

BT works great now on the laptop.

I uploaded a module for you to test, just speed for now, and I am not sure about scale, but it is a start. 

if you can use the laptop, it's best to use the  installer tab and do a full install again, I changed some things, swipe down to wake among others.

I did some measurement's using an ammeter, results are nice:

Assuming the battery is indeed the printed 170mah:

• when on standby it is at ~150μa, over a month.
  • when connected and running all checks of the loop on the ks18, accelerator is also on, it needs 3.3ma, so it can be connected on the row for two days and some.
  • When the screen is on at brightness 3 and the loop is running, it goes to 30ma, so it can be used screen-always on for about 5 hours, half that on full brightness. 
  • buzzing costs ~45ma, so haptic feedback comes in a cost too. 

Overall the numbers are consistent with what I see in usage, if used now and then it lasts for ever, if used hard it gives about two days. With some optimization, I can get the 3.3ma down to 1ma when the wheel is connected but not moving, so battery life is indeed excellent.

Edited by enaon

Hey Enaon! First of all thank you very much for your work!

I wannna try this app with a new p8, but I ride a gotway msx and I need the module for a Gotway! Will you provide me the module to try this out with my Msx? 

Thank you very much!

Dear enaon,

Congratulations for this project!

This euc watch seems extremely promising.

I only care for an quick overview on speed, amps and temp when I ride and of course ease of use.

I ride an mten3, live in Halandri and we have met one time on an euc.gr meeting in panepistimioupoli ... I asked you for a cigarette.

So, I got a watch, flashed it, loaded eucWatch and connected it to my mten3.

It seems that is not able to get the data correctly from the mten3 and display speed.

It will display number 69 that will occasionally change, in random ways, when the wheel is moving 

Here is short video of what it does:

I will happily assist you in any way on this project.

Let me know if there is anything I could do to help in any way

Best Regards

• Like 1

• enaon changed the title to eucWatch - Standalone band/watch