What got you started riding EUC's?

Scottie

Youtube is the culprit for me. I had an euc video suggested on youtube and then i fell down the rabbit hole from there. Great content from isthereanyfood, wrong way and Hsiang. A used Kingsong was up for sale locally and here I am. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I was looking for last mile commute thing and saw some videos about EUC by accident on twitter. 

After googling around got a facebook AD for 260€ ninebot c+ in Gearbest, ordered that and after 100km ordered V10.

220Wh battery on the ninebot and max speed of 17km/h. :sleep1:

I was planning to build my own electric longboard, still have some parts laying around somewhere. 

• Like 1

I had saved up for quite a few years not knowing what I wanted to buy. Then I found out about those pneumatic pogo sticks that jump really high and wanted to get one of those. Before I could buy one, I went on vacation to Sweden and discovered the rental scooters there. I tried them out and had alot of fun. That got me looking into scooters and I became interested in the xioami m365 pro, before seeing the ninebot max. While looking at pictures of the max, I saw the ninebot z10 and was instantly intrigued. I initially thought it was photo shopped, but it turned out to be real. It really was amazing to find out about EUCs, its like if you were to see an actual flying car on google and then it turns out to be real. Anyways, after discovering EUCs, there was no going back. I ordered a 14s when I got home and got it july 9 2019. After a few months I began running up to the top speed all the time. So I started saving again; birthday checks, lawn work, etc and was finally able to afford the one I wanted in late december 2020. I bought an RS19 and have been riding it since. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Menace said:

I had saved up for quite a few years not knowing what I wanted to buy. Then I found out about those pneumatic pogo sticks that jump really high and wanted to get one of those. Before I could buy one, I went on vacation to Sweden and discovered the rental scooters there. I tried them out and had alot of fun. That got me looking into scooters and I became interested in the xioami m365 pro, before seeing the ninebot max. While looking at pictures of the max, I saw the ninebot z10 and was instantly intrigued. I initially thought it was photo shopped, but it turned out to be real. It really was amazing to find out about EUCs, its like if you were to see an actual flying car on google and then it turns out to be real. Anyways, after discovering EUCs, there was no going back. I ordered a 14s when I got home and got it july 9 2019. After a few months I began running up to the top speed all the time. So I started saving again; birthday checks, lawn work, etc and was finally able to afford the one I wanted in late december 2020. I bought an RS19 and have been riding it since. 

I just watched a video the other day of a guy on one of those lol. On the 4th or 5th bounce he went splat! And faceplanted hard ugh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dreygun said:

I just watched a video the other day of a guy on one of those lol. On the 4th or 5th bounce he went splat! And faceplanted hard ugh

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't get that one lol. I probably would have used it about 5 times and then it would be gathering dust in the closet.

• Like 1

I've only been riding a grand total of 3 days. In May I broke my elbow riding a Onewheel and once recovered and cleared to ride again, I had trouble trusting it and decided to switch to EUC. I've always heard about how much more stable and safe they are and wanted to try the other side out after watching some Youtube videos. After 3 days of learning, I can say that I have a way easier time bailing on my EUC than my Onewheel and it is more stable and comfortable to ride.

• Like 3

On 7/28/2021 at 1:35 PM, Dreygun said:

Funny... I often have a 'jumping' dream, and not the type where i go off a building. Rather, I start jumping for no good reason and discover that each time I hit the ground I can bounce back and go a bit higher. After a dozen jumps or so in my dream I just launch and start flying through the air. I've never actually landed cuz I wake up first (feeling great I might add). It's always such a disappointment in the morning when I get out of bed and jump with my 6 inch vertical and come down hard immediately....:roflmao:

The dream has led me to train in some polymeric jumping exercise, discovered in my late 40's I could broad jump a bit over 8 feet without any real difficulty.... up though, not so good lol. Those pogo sticks have always reminded me of those dreams... it's the landing part that's rough though.

Edited by UniMe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UniMe said:

Funny... I often have a 'jumping' dream, and not the type where i go off a building. Rather, I start jumping for no good reason and discover that each time I hit the ground I can bounce back and go a bit higher. After a dozen jumps or so in my dream I just launch and start flying through the air. I've never actually landed cuz I wake up first (feeling great I might add). It's always such a disappointment in the morning when I get out of bed and jump with my 6 inch vertical and come down hard immediately....:roflmao:

The dream has led me to train in some polymeric jumping exercise, discovered in my late 40's I could broad jump a bit over 8 feet without any real difficulty.... up though, not so good lol. Those pogo sticks have always reminded me of those dreams... it's the landing part that's rough though.

Speaking of dreams, I'd say that about 50% of the dreams I remember in the morning involve an euc. One morning literally every single dream I could remember involved an euc. Another time I got up really early and went for a ride, then I came back home and went back to bed and dreamed the exact ride I just rode (that was pretty weird).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Menace said:

Speaking of dreams, I'd say that about 50% of the dreams I remember in the morning involve an euc. One morning literally every single dream I could remember involved an euc. Another time I got up really early and went for a ride, then I came back home and went back to bed and dreamed the exact ride I just rode (that was pretty weird).

No clue why, but most of mine are floating ones. Low to ground, on back, feet first, looking forward, floating through hallways and long corridors. Never getting anywhere