Gotway Msuper still top dog?

Compuatic

So a few buddies of mine and I have been riding our generic unicycles for a few weeks now and I can see an upgrade in my future. I see that the market is still very much immature with constant fixes and new model releases almost weekly. It seems that many of the more experienced riders are using the Gotway Msuper, is this still the best bet for an 18" heavy duty wheel today? King song also seems to make an 18" that no one owns and may only be 500W.

Along those lines, I have a couple of questions since the information online is often conflicting.

1. The motor on the Msuper is 800W or 100W?

2. Actual top speed is 32K/H or 40K/H or ??

3. What are people actually getting for real use mileage per charge? I know the spec says 65KM+ but I want real user every day experience.

4. How is the long term durability? anyone here that has significant mileage on his unit? preferably with offroad use?

5. How is Gotway's customer support and warranty in case of issues? after all, we are not talking about a $300 toy purchase anymore.

Thanks a bunch!

@Compuatic I own a Msuper and I really love it. I went back and forth between that and the KingSong 18". There is so much information here on this forum that it is practically paralyzing because both of them have fervent proponents. I am very eager for an opportunity to ride a KingSong so I can compare for myself, but in the meantime I am pleased with my purchase.

5 hours ago, Compuatic said:

Along those lines, I have a couple of questions since the information online is often conflicting.

1. The motor on the Msuper is 800W or 100W?

2. Actual top speed is 32K/H or 40K/H or ??

3. What are people actually getting for real use mileage per charge? I know the spec says 65KM+ but I want real user every day experience.

4. How is the long term durability? anyone here that has significant mileage on his unit? preferably with offroad use?

5. How is Gotway's customer support and warranty in case of issues? after all, we are not talking about a $300 toy purchase anymore.

1) (I think) 1000W.

2) The fastest I've hit is 28 Km/hr, and there was clearly power for more: I backed down.

3) The longest I've gone is 30 minutes/7 miles, and have not gotten the battery to decrease below full charge. (but it does take a recharge for an hour after a trip that long).

4) I've crashed and rolled off road without damage. Personally I think road crashes are more likely to be harmful than off road. I did pad the case at contact points.

5) I have not needed to contact Gotway. All of the communication I have done has been a vendor, @johnc415, who is active on this forum. All communication from him has been prompt and accurate.

I think there are lots of acceptable choices out there, especially if you are considering 16 inch wheels too. I give high marks to the Msuper, but it's not the only choice.

1. The motor on the Msuper2 is 1000W.
2. Actual top speed is beyond 40km/h for HS version(high speed) but is dangerous. A guy in our city once rode 49.7km/h(app speed).
3. For 680Wh model and flat paved road at 20-25km/h speed, no wind, temperature 25C, rider's weight is 73kg and tire pressure 2.8 bar, yes.
My tests show that MSuper consumes 9.0Wh for every km on above conditions.
4. I rode my MSuper2 MS(Medium speed or middle) for more than 4000km, roughly 1/10 were off road.
5. It's good in China.

MSuper2 HS is not the best in some aspects such as range, power and torque compared to Kingsong 18inch special edition. However, there are rumors saying Gotway will soon release  a new 18inch version.

8 hours ago, zlymex said:

1. The motor on the Msuper2 is 1000W.
2. Actual top speed is beyond 40km/h for HS version(high speed) but is dangerous. A guy in our city once rode 49.7km/h(app speed).
3. For 680Wh model and flat paved road at 20-25km/h speed, no wind, temperature 25C, rider's weight is 73kg and tire pressure 2.8 bar, yes.
My tests show that MSuper consumes 9.0Wh for every km on above conditions.
4. I rode my MSuper2 MS(Medium speed or middle) for more than 4000km, roughly 1/10 were off road.
5. It's good in China.

MSuper2 HS is not the best in some aspects such as range, power and torque compared to Kingsong 18inch special edition. However, there are rumors saying Gotway will soon release  a new 18inch version.

GotWay will release a 16 inch model too

5 hours ago, Compuatic said:

Where are you guys seeing the rumors that a new mSuper is coming out? maybe that explains the shortage.

On the Gotway WeChat. And the moderators from Gotway didn't say anything.

5 hours ago, vee73 said:

49.7kmh  can not be running. Only by lifting the tire off the ground, gets up to speed 51kmh.

For that I doubted too. So I specifically ask him whether it was a lift test he said no.

He then told me he knew the lift test would be fifty something and he left very small margin on a down slope. Here is the chat screen(in Chinese):

Screenshot_2015-11-18-07-42.jpg

I'm sorry but I do not think unless there is additional evidence :) Video ..

Edit:

If his Gotway in fact going to 50 km h There is certainly no problem to take the video of it.
No need to drive even engine shutdown, because he knows how hard it can be to drive. 

@vee73 So i just sold my HS 680wh and got a HS 850wh. So is it safe to say I can ride the unit at 40km/h based on the gotway app or can I go to more like 43km/h. Whats the fastest you got the HS version before cutoff? And what is V speed. I want V speed

10 minutes ago, Donafello said:

@vee73 So i just sold my HS 680wh and got a HS 850wh. So is it safe to say I can ride the unit at 40km/h based on the gotway app or can I go to more like 43km/h. Whats the fastest you got the HS version before cutoff? And what is V speed. I want V speed

Go ahead rub it in Don !!!! LOL

12 minutes ago, Donafello said:

If you contact johnc415 I'm sure he will get you one. So the only excuse left for not having one is on you because its just a pm away lol

I contacted him on Monday he doesn't have anymore but will get back to me when he does, he seems like a great guy and was very helpful. I also have a local guy waiting for his shipment but it was shorted by GotWay so he might not have one for me either. The wait is killing me !!!!

1 hour ago, Donafello said:

This is my version of the V Speed goes 3 km h faster than the normal speed version.

He probably did go that fast. Vee is heavy, hence why his riding cutoff is lower than his lifting cutoff. The chinese dude thou, looks super lightweight!

Rationale: I tested myself riding my MCM4 which cut out right at 34 km/h when I lifted it. I rode it today at 33 km/h, no problem, no cutout. There is a forced tiltback at that max speed during actual riding on MCM4, which prevented further acceleration, that I noticed. But it was quick. I'm 65kg. 

So, the chinese dude could certainly ride an EUC to just whitin cutoff no doubt.

V speed version goes a bit faster than the normal speed.
It can also be tilted more than 45 degrees.
This V-model, you can ask .. fei@futuraconcept.com

The hill is not much affected by the maximum speed.
But if there is a really steep downhill, perhaps it may be possible to get a bigger speed. But I do not easily believe it.
I need to test this more.

But I still do not believe 50 kmh speed without video.

7 hours ago, vee73 said:

V speed version goes a bit faster than the normal speed.
It can also be tilted more than 45 degrees.
This V-model, you can ask .. fei@futuraconcept.com

The hill is not much affected by the maximum speed.
But if there is a really steep downhill, perhaps it may be possible to get a bigger speed. But I do not easily believe it.
I need to test this more.

But I still do not believe 50 kmh speed without video.

I agree with vee. I think anything over 45kmh is going to make you a new best friend. The pavement

• 2 months later...

I have ridden 3000km on my unicycles(500km cheap one+ 2500km gotway msuper MS)

I saw the speed of 36.7km/h on my gotwat app. But one time I had accelerated after I had reached 4 beeps (36km/h), I think it would be around 40-41km/h, the pedals suddenly lifted forwards at that speed, by reflex I reacted on it and I tilted backwards. I did not fall. Since I decreased immediatly the speed at the moment of tilt of the pedals, the motor did not shut down. But the next time I could not be that lucky, so I keep it on 3 beeps. All speeds are app speeds. People say that real speed is 3 km/h higher. So maybe you can add 3km/h on the mentioned speeds.

Range: at the beginning I rode slowly and reached 62km with one charge of 680wh. Now I am accelerating too heavy and batteries have done 50 cycles. Now I reach 40km with one discharge at worst case.  I am light in weight.

Between 26-35km/h it gives 3 beeps. Can we adapt these speeds?

I am estonished about the hill capabilities of gotway. When you are riding on a hill of 30 degrees it continues at 33km/h without decreasing the speed. However I am afraid that when the battery would be totally full and when you are going steepy hill Downwards it could not charge the batteries that are already full: that means no breaking at downhill and full battery since we cannot brake by normal clamp brakes or carbon friction brakes. 

Archived