Android Watch Suggestions with EUC World

Just now, Stillhart said:

Does anyone know if the Pebble has vibrate functionality?  I assume all the Android WearOS ones do?

It does vibrate.  The EUC World app passes alarms to the watch and it vibrates.  It will also vibrate for a notification from your phone.

Unfortunately you have to clear the phone notifications before the watch will return to the wheel app screen.  If there is a way to have them time out, I haven't found it.

Bruce

• Like 1

Just now, PennBruce said:

It does vibrate.  The EUC World app passes alarms to the watch and it vibrates.  It will also vibrate for a notification from your phone.

Unfortunately you have to clear the phone notifications before the watch will return to the wheel app screen.  If there is a way to have them time out, I haven't found it.

Bruce

Thanks!  How do you like your Pebble Time?  I am thinking of just getting the black and white one since I'll only really be using it for this, but if the color one is a nice upgrade, it's not THAT much more...

1 minute ago, Stillhart said:

Thanks!  How do you like your Pebble Time?  I am thinking of just getting the black and white one since I'll only really be using it for this, but if the color one is a nice upgrade, it's not THAT much more...

Where are you seeing a color version.  The Pebble you want is the Pebble Time.  

It does everything I need it to do and the best feature that beats all other smart watches (that I can afford) is that I can read it in sunlight with sunglasses.

Bruce

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PennBruce said:

Where are you seeing a color version.  The Pebble you want is the Pebble Time.  

It does everything I need it to do and the best feature that beats all other smart watches (that I can afford) is that I can read it in sunlight with sunglasses.

Bruce

The Pebble Time is the color version.  :)

1 hour ago, Stillhart said:

The Pebble Time is the color version.  :)

LOL, you're right!  I hadn't noticed.

Thanks,

Bruce

5 hours ago, Stillhart said:

I'm very pleased with mine so far. It obviously isn't as eye-catching as the color version, but it gives you the most important info at a glance. Sunlight visibility is excellent and battery life is fantastic (haven't had to charge it yet).

I have current speed, temp. and battery % on my wrist, and EUC World gives me my distance, average speed in motion and tour time over my bluetooth headset :thumbup:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Brandin J. Mercer said:

how has that been working out? Im thinking about getting one soley for euc use, any pics?

The reviews on it are... not great.  I'm probably gonna grab a Pebble or Pebble Time just for battery life and sunlight visibility.

22 minutes ago, Stillhart said:

The reviews on it are... not great.  I'm probably gonna grab a Pebble or Pebble Time just for battery life and sunlight visibility.

good to know. I looked at pebble but looks like using it can be a huge pain now that they got bought out by fitbit. 

2 minutes ago, Brandin J. Mercer said:

good to know. I looked at pebble but looks like using it can be a huge pain now that they got bought out by fitbit. 

I plan on using mine ONLY for EUC World when riding.  I'm going to attach it directly to my wrist guards.  If you're looking for something for more general use then yeah, Pebble is way out of date now.

• Like 1

I love my vapor. I had some issue with it at first but it seems solid now. I use it only for EUC world. I have a fitbit underneath my wrist guards for heart rate and the vapor strapped to the wrist guard. for $50 I don't think you can do better. Maybe an original pebble if you value battery life. I know the vapor's battery life will long outlive the battery on my 1600wh MSX so I don't care that it doesn't last for days. Something that stays on for a few hours is all I need. I've had no issues with sunlight. IMO, EUC World on WearOS is fantastic.

• Like 1

Just now, raidzero said:

I love my vapor. I had some issue with it at first but it seems solid now. I use it only for EUC world. I have a fitbit underneath my wrist guards for heart rate and the vapor strapped to the wrist guard. for $50 I don't think you can do better. Maybe an original pebble if you value battery life. I know the vapor's battery life will long outlive the battery on my 1600wh MSX so I don't care that it doesn't last for days. Something that stays on for a few hours is all I need. I've had no issues with sunlight. IMO, EUC World on WearOS is fantastic.

Is it easy to turn off when you're not riding?

1 minute ago, Stillhart said:

Is it easy to turn off when you're not riding?

Not a huge deal but it would be nice if it was easier. I assume it's the same for all WearOS devices. May be an easier way, but I navigate to settings and select power off. So, one swipe down, tap settings > system > power off. So 5 or 6 interactions. Holding the power button just reboots the device.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Brandin J. Mercer said:

I just set up and started to use a pebble and it is pretty easy to setup following the youtube instructions and using it is not a pain at all, same as the android watch I tried. Battery lasts for days and it vibrates for alarms too  and it only cost me $20 on ebay 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Willy510 said:

I just set up and started to use a pebble and it is pretty easy to setup following the youtube instructions and using it is not a pain at all, same as the android watch I tried. Battery lasts for days and it vibrates for alarms too  and it only cost me $20 on ebay 

Good to know. I caved and bought the misfit 2 as I'm a sucker for the color interface and want that for the euc world app. Hopefully it works well, but If it doesn't I'll try the pebble

1 hour ago, Brandin J. Mercer said:

Good to know. I caved and bought the misfit 2 as I'm a sucker for the color interface and want that for the euc world app. Hopefully it works well, but If it doesn't I'll try the pebble

Cool I saw the vapor 2 dropped in price dramatically, I would have gone with that just because it's newer and supports google pay. How cool would it be to not have to take my wrist guards off to get my wallet when paying for stuff in stores when one hand is already trolleying the wheel? Very cool! Alas, I have the original vapor and it works just fine so there is no justifying the vapor 2 for me.

1 hour ago, Stillhart said:

Alright screw it, I grabbed a Misfit Vapor.  The price was on par with the Pebble Time and it's less out of date/more usable with things other than EUC if I want later.  :)

Awesome! I bought my vapor when it was on sale for $50 for the watch case only. I thought I was being clever and saving money since I didn't need the band but it didn't even come with a charger so I had to buy that separately. The current sale; $48.99 for the watch, band, and charger is a killer deal. As a WearOS watch for all day wear I'm sure it's not great. But as a dedicated EUC World device it's a champion.

Edited by raidzero
Forgot to reply to first comment
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so I got the Vapor 2 in however I have no Idea how to get wheel log or eucworld to show on it. my phone is paired with the watch i open up euc world app and hit the watch icon and nothing. 

I search the app store on the watch and cant find wheel log or euc world listed. just a onewheel app.

Any ideas? is there a clear android os tutorial out there?

17 minutes ago, Brandin J. Mercer said:

so I got the Vapor 2 in however I have no Idea how to get wheel log or eucworld to show on it. my phone is paired with the watch i open up euc world app and hit the watch icon and nothing. 

I search the app store on the watch and cant find wheel log or euc world listed. just a onewheel app.

Any ideas? is there a clear android os tutorial out there?

Just got mine too.  I'm messing with it now.  I found EUC World by telling it to install apps that are on my phone when in the Play Store part of the watch.

EDIT - Swipe up from the watch face for Play Store.

Edited by Stillhart

2 hours ago, Stillhart said:

Just got mine too.  I'm messing with it now.  I found EUC World by telling it to install apps that are on my phone when in the Play Store part of the watch.

EDIT - Swipe up from the watch face for Play Store.

Yes it took me a while to figure this out too. This is my first WearOS device.