Android Watch Suggestions with EUC World

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2020 at 7:24 AM, PennBruce said:

Unfortunately you have to clear the phone notifications before the watch will return to the wheel app screen.  If there is a way to have them time out, I haven't found it.

If you're like me, and dont need (or want) general notifications whilst riding just turn off all the push options. The only ones I have on are eucw and phone. And as I get virtually zero phone calls I know that any vibrations I get on the Pebble are for 'oh crap I've reached an alarm of some sort' moments.

When I first started using the Pebble I inadvertantly left on Whatsapp notifications. Drove me nuts so that went off halfway through the ride :)

• Like 3

So after a few weeks of using it, I'm not 100% sold on the Misfit Vapor.  My biggest issue is that the processor and memory or whatever are just insufficient for normal everyday use.  The thing is slow to respond, it's laggy, which is a peeve of mine when using devices.  It's been many years since my old Palm Pre, that was so underpowered that when someone called me, it couldn't switch to the phone app before they went to voicemail.  I'm still scarred.  When I try to open the EUC World app on the watch and I swipe my finger but the content doesn't scroll for a second or two and then I end up clicking on the wrong thing... it makes me want to chuck it against the wall. 

For someone with more patience, it works fine.  For me, I'm thinking I might call this a sunk cost and get a Pebble.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Stillhart said:

For me, I'm thinking I might call this a sunk cost and get a Pebble.

Sell it on eBay.  How was the screen in direct sunlight?

Bruce

7 minutes ago, PennBruce said:

Sell it on eBay.  How was the screen in direct sunlight?

Bruce

The screen was fine, I never had an issue reading it while riding.  It's just the performance that's bugging me.

1 hour ago, Stillhart said:

So after a few weeks of using it, I'm not 100% sold on the Misfit Vapor.  My biggest issue is that the processor and memory or whatever are just insufficient for normal everyday use.  The thing is slow to respond, it's laggy, which is a peeve of mine when using devices.  It's been many years since my old Palm Pre, that was so underpowered that when someone called me, it couldn't switch to the phone app before they went to voicemail.  I'm still scarred.  When I try to open the EUC World app on the watch and I swipe my finger but the content doesn't scroll for a second or two and then I end up clicking on the wrong thing... it makes me want to chuck it against the wall. 

For someone with more patience, it works fine.  For me, I'm thinking I might call this a sunk cost and get a Pebble.

I really appreciate your honest view on the Vapor. When I saw your picture of it my immediate thought was 'wow' it looked really nice with EUCW and cheap too. But laggyness would irritate me hugely as well, not to mention the reduced battery life over my Pebble. And given I do the occasional full day riding it's a feature I can't walk away from.

The Pebble, whilst ancient, still walks the walk which is why I am finding it so hard to give up, despite the really nice displays of later kit.

Vapor is way too slow for general purpose device (it is several years old and WearOS advances, but hardware stays the same) but as a dedicated EUC world device it's totally fine. I wear a Fitbit ionic as a watch and only strap the vapor to my flexmeters when I ride. It sits on my desk at all other times.

Yesterday I was on a 144 km trip and was wearing my TicWatch Pro just to check how long it will last. While I wasn't using screen readout, I was riding with constant speed alerts causing my watch to vibrate very often. In this regime watch battery lasted for over nine hours, including six hours of riding and vibrating :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 9/11/2020 at 6:27 PM, Adam Duke said:

I have a WearOs Ticwatch Pro. After screen timeout, the app disappears, and switches back to main watch screen, so I have to open again EUC World. Is there a method to upon wakening, the EUC World app stays on screen?

I encountered this as well in 2021