KingSong 16X vs Gotway MSP

Maybe a stupid problem ... I recently sold KingSong 16X and I'm thinking of getting a new wheel and I'm tempted by the new MSP and I don't know if it's worth it. I do not know why but I feel I made a mistake that I sold 16X because I liked all its features, lights, speakers, handle with lift switch ... but I wanted something else ... At MSP I am attracted to the diameter of the wheel, the battery with 21700 cells (longer life than 18650?) strong pedals in strong mode, which is better than 16X (right?) but I think the handle is poorly placed and uncomfortable to use, aggressive pedal angle that can create discomfort . Unfortunately I have no where to test an MSX to give me an opinion; I understood that MSP and MSX are similar. I would like an advice from someone who has run 16X, MSX and especially MSP. Is it worth adding 500$ for MSP or going back to 16X?
I mention that every day I drive about 25-30Km. Yeah, I know, maybe I made a stupid decision.
Excuse my English.
Thanks!

just go to Timisoara city and meet that guy who have MSX
you will get exact answers that you find.

that dihedral angle could be a problem fro your quite long rides that you do every day
IMHO... KS18XL it's exactly what you need on your profile

• Like 1

I cannot get to Timisoara too soon and unfortunately the Gotway wheels are not very popular in our country, neither KingSong. I'll probably go back to 16X... That lift switch is essential to me and Gotway is struggling to implement it somehow...

• Like 2

21700 cells are no better than 18650. It's just different cell size and capacity. You can go back to 16X or consider 18XL, which is 18" just like MSP. KS-18XL with new 2.0 firmware may be option to consider.

• Like 3

@ElectriQ User maybe it is time you take a visit to Paris. There have several shops there that do rental so you can test different wheels.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seba said:

21700 cells are no better than 18650. It's just different cell size and capacity. You can go back to 16X or consider 18XL, which is 18" just like MSP. KS-18XL with new 2.0 firmware may be option to consider.

@Seba, thanks for the answer and advice! I will consider your advice!

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

@ElectriQ User maybe it is time you take a visit to Paris. There have several shops there that do rental so you can test different wheels.  

I hope I'll get there someday ;)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ElectriQ User said:

strong pedals in strong mode, which is better than 16X (right?)

We usually call them hard and soft (or medium) modes. It’s really just a preference, not a matter of better or worse in this case. Gotway and Kingsong have different feel. If you know you want extremely hard feel, then you should get the MSX. But it might not be the most comfortable setting for your long daily commute. I usually use medium on my longer rides. Hard is better for off-roading. 

I would also recommend considering the 18XL with larger pedals for your commute. More suitable for long distance riding than 16X and more comfortable than MSX. Unless your daily ride contains very rough terrain, that thicker tire is not that important. 

• Like 2

dear initiator it's still true that you need do about 40km/24miles every other day of the week ?
if yes, I invite you to check again my KS18XL with 2.0 firmware ....

no problem for me, you know where to find me if you want.
glad to help in anyway.

Edited by Meserias

For the kind of commute you mention, a 16X, MSX, MSP or 18XL would all work great. But if the trolley handle is important to you, I think KS is the way to go. The 18XL (with the XL pedals) is very comfortable for just putting miles on it with little effort, and since firmware 2.0 it's even better. 

Out of curiosity, what made you sell the 16X?

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips, guys! After i made a little analisys i'll go back to 16X. I'll buy a top wheel from Gotway (an MSuper version, i hope) when they add more improvements, like a better handle and a better lift switch; these are a must for me. The speakers are not so important.
Every EUC producer must concentrate to performance, utility and ergonomics. More of EUC users use these vehicles for commuting to work and back home, and i my opinion these must have good front/back lights for night time, good ergonomics for the moments when you must drive the wheel by hand, go at shopping, elevators, inside of buildings etc, must be nimble giving you the posibility to avoid fast unpredictible situations.
Of course, the 16X is not a perfect wheel, but at this point i think is better for what i need.
Thanks again! Great comunity!

Edited by ElectriQ User
  • Like 1

Hi I own a 16x and MSX I'm selling my 16X 

Love the torque or the 16X but I think I'm a Gotway Man

18 inch wheel I like a lot ,rides easy 

Bought the 16x thinking it would be a great off road wheel good pedal clearance ,Torque, fat tire but wheel is too small for me 

No good off road tire for 16 inch wheel

I'm looking at getting an MSP when 16x is sold 

Then maybe sell my beloved MSX qhich im sure will bring a tear to my eye ,watching the MSX go but na thinking I will keep it.

Personal opinion but that's all you will ever get I suppose 

Edited by Gaz Bon
Spelling
  • Like 1