latest version of the KS16x?

Spinner

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed but I couldn't find a specific thread about this. I'm about to buy a KS16x and have been reading about some modifications since it first got out. I've read they changed the location of some components on the motherboard, as well as another type of tyre? How to know which version is the last one? For the amount  this wheel costs I want to make sure I have the latest updates...

Thanks in advance!

Spinner

2 hours ago, Spinner said:

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed but I couldn't find a specific thread about this. I'm about to buy a KS16x and have been reading about some modifications since it first got out. I've read they changed the location of some components on the motherboard, as well as another type of tyre? How to know which version is the last one? For the amount  this wheel costs I want to make sure I have the latest updates...

Thanks in advance!

Spinner

Check the date of manufacture on the pedal, anything from November 2019 should be the latest version.:thumbup:

• Like 2

Is this S/N good version or old version of the EUC?

KS16X2B190810G023

2B means second series to my knowledge.

I had to update the fw from 1.05 to 1.07

Edited by Ddolik
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ddolik said:

2B means second series to my knowledge.

B2 means black color and 1554 Wh battery.

• Like 2

Thanks to both of you. I agree, so far so good, no issues at all, no cutoffs, but I have some alarms set and when im riding 45km (3rd alarm), I usualy make sure i'm not too hard on the wheel at that speed, or I slow down, depends on situation

Edited by Ddolik

@mike_bike_kite

Waterproof not many added some "pads" to fill bigest holes and duck taped speaker hole. Realy not Inmotion waterproof level.(topic about is on forum)

Some selers offer extra hydroisolation services.

Or the high speed cut outs for heavier riders? I think not possible to "fix" is just bad by design KS try some FW fixes in 1.0.6 + 1.0.7 not helped fully , people still cutout on fw 1.0.7.

And because is long time and no 1.0.8 Firmware thats mean they cant do more software way to fix this easily.

"Simplified KS16X is not idiot proof EUC and looks like newer be in future"

Don't get me wrong, I really like the 16X and I suspect it will be my upgrade wheel in a years time. The waterproofing issues I've heard about (gaps, holes, on/off switch) are all things I'd of thought would of been addressed by the 3rd generation of a wheel. All KS wheels seem pretty good at protecting the rider from themselves but there have been a number of instances with cut outs and heavier riders - no doubt they were all enjoying the great acceleration until the wheel had had enough. I'd of thought that would be quite an easy thing to fix in firmware.ie slow the rate of acceleration as the speed increases if under exceptionally high load.

• Like 1

I see you are from London, so pardon my english. I hope you will understand the point i want to make.

I'm heavy rider 110kg clothes included, and no cut offs so far (knock knock). But it's probably because i have read here, thats its just not 50km/h vehicle, but rather 45km/h. And that means, atleast for me, when im getting to 40km/h, i don't accelerate by huge pressure, but just very slowly and carefully.

Taking physics to this matter, what if your battery has XY voltage ready, but you push the wheel too much(easier for heavy riders), so the motor asks for lot more energy, but the battery just cant give anymore, as the voltage is low.

Maybe someone can confirm.

Edited by Ddolik

2 minutes ago, Ddolik said:

But it's probably because i have read here, thats its just not 50km/h vehicle, but rather 45km/h.

I'd go even further and say for a heavier rider (which I also am), it's not a 45 km/h vehicle, but rather a 40 km/h.

Edited by Tazarinho
  • Like 1