Have you used Alibaba for EUC purchase?

Grep

Hello guys. Recently i found a good offer for EUC on alibaba. I contacted the supplier to ask if its possible to sell me 1 unit and he said "Yes". But here's my problem. The supplier is asking me to do the payment through bank transfer, western union or money gram. As far as i know alibaba offers money protection only if you make the payment through their website, but that option is not available in this case. I told that to the supplier and he started sending me screenshots of certificates and payments and telling me that they are legit company. So my question is: Have anybody used alibaba for EUC purchase? If so with what payment method you purchased it? Because all this "send me the money through bank transfer and we will ship you the EUC" seems fishy.

Please share your opinion about this case. I would appreciate it.

Grep

My opinion is 'don't do it'. People are getting ripped off all the time through bank transfer scams. I' not saying this is a scam but why take the risk?

Use your credit card or paypal through the official site.

Bob

• Like 2

You are right Bobby. I already spoke with one of my friends about that. He also reckon that it's risky. When I'm in doubt i always ask friends for opinion or people with the same interest like we have here in the community. 

I'm trying to get into the EUC world but I'm with limited budget that's why im trying to find a good deal for begginer EUC.

Thank you for your opinion Bobby.

• Like 1

100% of bank transfer or MoneyGram transfers are scams. You put money in their account and there's merely the moral obligation for them to fulfill their part. They won't.

That being said, I have sent items and money back and forth over the years with people I've met over various forums, with but one bad experience more than 15 years ago.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grep said:

Recently i found a good offer for EUC on alibaba. I contacted the supplier to ask if its possible to sell me 1 unit and he said "Yes". But here's my problem. The supplier is asking me to do the payment through bank transfer, western union or money gram.

Then you are totally dependend on the resellers goodwill. Can work out, but may not. Is imho a bad sign if a reseller insists on such payment options as there are enough safe possibilities available.

Or ?many? of them just use the (for them) hazzle free direct transfers, as they normally sell to companies and there is no consumer protection anyways. One just has to know which shop is serious and trustworthy and which are not...

8 hours ago, Grep said:

I'm trying to get into the EUC world but I'm with limited budget that's why im trying to find a good deal for begginer EUC.

With a limited budget you should think twice about buying "cheap" from china (or other far away online shops). Although most/many wheels arrive in a good state quality control is far from perfect and after sale service is necessary for quite some EUCs.

With shipping costs, the customer has to pay in many such cases one can end easily with a 100% loss... 

On the other hand, many/some got great prices for their wheels like this - it's up to you to decide how much risk you are willing to take.

PS.: Kingsong wheels have some kind of geo locking - one cannot unlock speed, update fw, etc from europe with a KS made for the chinese market. Maybe it works with a VPN to china or special reseller support...

• Like 1

why would you even look on alibaba? they sell in bulk to suppliers.. get something off a legit seller on aliexpress if you want to go the cheap route and use their payment system never send it personally through bank transfer haha.. paypal sure if theyre trustworthy ive done it multiple times.. bank transfer youll never see it again lol

I've checked that alibaba seller who was claiming that his company is legit. So in the last 30 days they have no reviews, no response rate, no quotation performance, zero transaction history, zero transactions, which leads to a scam seller. When i send him a screenshot of his own company stats his replay was just "OK" :lol:

Anyway, that's why we have this forum to share anything about EUC. 

Thanks to everybody sharing opinion on this topic. Cheers guys

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I tried to purchase an euc on Alibaba.com paying with a bank transfer and it was a scam. Luckily filed a wire transfer fraud case with h my bank within 4 days after the payment and maybe able to get my money refunded thru the USA bank that received the payment from this scam.

• Like 1

I bought mten from aliexpress couple of months back. Wheel was missing screws from one pedal, but that was probably gotway factory qc fault.

2 other wheels are from banggood, no issues with those also. :D

NO WAY would i buy a stick of gum from ali like that. I use aliexpress (alibaba) for things, but I ALWAYS use a visa that Ive trusted for years. I would also use paypal (not that I liek them). NEVER buy something from overseas (especially that area) without protection from YOUR payment company. Combined with already mentioned legal/regional things about wheels in particular, you'd be quite the gambler to risk it. Buy from a dealer, or buy used from a site that offers assurances/protection or from an individual IN PERSON (behold the power of greenback/paper). These arent $20 items, so its okay to be a little paranoid. I honestly havent purchased a travelers check or wired money in over 20 years. If a store is reputable, they KNOW that they better agree to and accept visa as payment. Youve too many buying options to go for that scam.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Ball said:

i am not sure to pay for unicycle v11 . alribaba offers very cheap like 80%off orginal price but everything seem good. good price .com fast delivery. how i going to do?

If you don't have a local reseller & can't buy insitu even online, then Ali is an option. I don't know all the sellers on Ali but generally, you'll be ok you pick one that has a long(er) history with good positive feedback.

Just remember that long shipping times & even more delays are standard fare esp. in these covid times. Also warranty claims & other such will be a much more difficult & proposition, perhaps requiring all sorts of negotiating tactics. Do be aware that for alot of chinese sellers, reputation & customer service maybe not be of primary concern (to say the least). 

Personally I've ordered lots from Ali & despite a few setbacks (mainly in shipping delays), I've gotten all of my orders fulfilled except one where it went to a different address in a different state (or province in my case). Once I showed evidence of it with postal tracking, I was issued a refund after posting the required dispute. 

If possible, ensure you ask appropriate & relevant questions (& keep that archived ie. do not delete) to get a satisfactory response before clicking the buy button. Otherwise don't blame others for missing out on due diligence. Do not for one sec think you're dealing with your local costco.

Also if I remember correctly, payment is always thru either Ali's own CC verification or paypal (which also has a CC option). If its any other eg. western union or money gram or direct bank transfer or bestbuy/amazon/whatever giftcards......RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

If you're still reading this after all that & you're positive you won't be flipping out you're not getting 100% refund satisfaction guaranteed deal, then I say go for it.