King song 16

Does anybody have any specs info regarding the kingsong 16in? I'm trying to find out before I make my decision to buy an msuper 18. But if the 16" has a big enough battery and great speed, than thats what I want. I looks great and I love the trolley handle thats included. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Colestien said:

This is where I found out about the 18

http://www.szkingsong.com/en/product.php?dlm=62

and of course @KaleOsaurusRex has a web site  electricunicyclereviews.com   good people

That's not really useful Information. Kingsong didn't published specs, KaleOsaurusRex has no Review and no Price/ Spec for the KS 16.

There's a Youtube Clip about the KS16:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vozeo4PctZs

A brand new model... I'm waiting to read some reviews and identification of any bugs that can be resolved quickly by KS before deciding on purchasing.  Same with the 9Bot 1P - both are new and the bleeding edge of technology (no pun intended)...

:P

The KS16 is supposed to have the 14" motor of the KS14 in a 16" rim. That means torque is generated at the air gap between magnets and the robot outside. A 16" motor filling the rim in total would be better from a point of view of torque and response.

Do we've validated specs?

Anyone have any additional information about the 16"? I was on the list for a ninebot P, but only 30 came, not the 150 ordered, so I am back deciding which one to get. Don't want to keep waiting, but thought if the new 16 was about to come out I might wait just a bit longer.

19 hours ago, KaleOsaurusRex said:

We're still waiting on more information about the 16"! As soon as I have something solid, I will be making an order for our site and allowing preorders for "pioneer version" first run units. I will post all specs as soon as they are released.

Excellent - thanks!

:):):)

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an e-mail from Will at electricunicyclereviews on the KS 16" unit.  He said " It is expected to be 680wh 800w, and in production in early January. We have a test unit on the way, so will be reviewing it very soon."  So look for this review on electricunicycle reviews in the near future.  

Glad everybody likes the new information for the Milbay GTS 16 Rockstar (KS16 Kingsong for those unfamiliar with Milbay Motouni model names)

Other specs you may be interested in are

Speed: Cruise 30kmh

680Wh travel distance is up to 40 km for 70 kg rider, generally I find I have great power for about 25 km before there is much of a power reduction. These are real world specs from testing NOT theoretical specs which are generally unobtainable.

I will have a web page up in next day with a link here http://www.milbay.com.au/SBV#MB14GTX

The offer is strictly for clients that pre order and make payment before January 1st 2016 and does not include express freight. Delivery is during February - the offer is for pre production orders only and will not be repeated. Once general availability is available normal price will be around USD 950.00 + freight and any other charges.

For those in Australia the offer is below. Australian compliant and 2 Years warranty for Australian buyers. email sales@milbay.com.au or http://www.milbay.com.au/modlist/ContactUs

Once again KS have delivered a very refined 16 inch model release with new innovations.

Milbay GTS16 Rockstar KS16 Aus.png

12 minutes ago, Neale Gray said:

Glad everybody likes the new information for the Milbay GTS 16 Rockstar (KS16 Kingsong for those unfamiliar with Milbay Motouni model names)

Other specs you may be interested in are

Speed: Cruise 30kmh

680Wh travel distance is up to 40 km for 70 kg rider, generally I find I have great power for about 25 km before there is much of a power reduction. These are real world specs from testing NOT theoretical specs which are generally unobtainable.

40km for 680wh battery? Why such a huge power demand? Do you have a prototype for your testing?

Hi I do not over quote specs as they are so much influenced by rider load. Riders want high safety and reliability so I don't quote ranges so that clients end up running out of battery power or always using 100% charge and drastically shortening the battery life. only discharging a battery 50% will greatly improve the number of recharge cycles the battery will endure.

always charge and go - that is recharge after every use and not discharge until fully discharged and then recharge.

These specs can be relied on and if you get more than that is a great bonus rather than a disappointment.

I actually really like the GTS14 inch (KS14C) 800W as I like the fast turning. Nothing beats the GTX (swappable battery) for stunts and jumps and short journeys (especially if you are under 80 kg) as it only 11kg and a bit narrower than the 14kg GTS.
For me picking up and carrying the unicycles is an extra workout but for those who want a handle I think this is a great development.

Archived