Laws for EUC in European countries

ElectriQ User

38 minutes ago, Funky said:

:D You can't ride regular bike on the same roads/paths where people walk??? Wtf.. We don't even have so stupid law/rule here. :D At least in most smaller cities paths especially near apartments are shared with all - people/scooters/cars/bikes/dogs/cats/mouses/ants/karens. How the heck you get home? Fly?

If there's no special infrastructure, bicycles by default belong on the road (carriageway) with the cars, not among pedestrians. Many cyclists actually prefer that, because that way they can follow normal vehicular traffic rules and don't, for example, need to stop for cars at crossings or driveways if they're on the main road and have the right of way.

38 minutes ago, superox said:

If there's no special infrastructure, bicycles by default belong on the road (carriageway) with the cars, not among pedestrians. Many cyclists actually prefer that, because that way they can follow normal vehicular traffic rules and don't, for example, need to stop for cars at crossings or driveways if they're on the main road and have the right of way.

Well the way our roads are built - they would need to stop at crossings same as the cars. (Red light) :D Same as going over the lane where people cross. So no win (Doh if we ride on sidewalk, bikes that cross the road at crossing lane. Cars need to stop at crossing lanes.) So in bike case it's a Win.

If we ride on sidewalk, where people walk, we don't need to follow any rules? Just don't hit people? I would call it a win? :D 

Bicycles can choose where they want to ride. So yeah.. (Doh to ride with cars, you need to have license.) So that's why maybe most people ride on sidewalks. Where you don't have dangers of getting hit by a car. 

In our case most people would prefer riding on sidewalks. Different countries..

4 hours ago, Funky said:

Check google maps Olaine < my city.

I tried, but Google just asked if I meant "Oslo"... :lol: :P

4 hours ago, Funky said:

How the heck you get to your apartment/house?

I don't live in the city center, so here it's normal to ride the bike on the yard pavement. In the center though, I think they law is ok with you crossing the  3m of sidewalk to the bicycle storage.

There are local laws, infrastructure, and habits in each country. And I'm sure each of them vary independently.

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

bicycle storage.

Damn you fancy..

We also got those.

A: light pole. Whit chance of thief fairy coming at night. (Heck even at day..) And leaving broken bike lock behind. Or strip down frame. :D (Have seen empty bike frame even in our "big city".)

B: Basement.

C: (My option) Bedroom corner.

Edited by Funky