2.0 firmware for 16S (and 14" ?) makes it SILENT!

mrelwood

On 3/27/2020 at 8:46 AM, Gheorghe Pisarenco said:

Hi, everyone!

I own a KS16S, I have the 1.09 firmware version, how do I upgrade to 2.0? When I check for new version, the app is telling me that I have the latest version.

Tried on old KS app, on the new one and on the Darknessbot.

Thank you!

KingSong Engineers say me what latest stable FW for 16S - 1.0.9.

FW 2.0 have some issues and has been removed from official server.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

That's a pity ;(

They told something about the "issues"? I upgraded to 2.0 and had no issues so far - did you get some information if downgrading is recommended?

14 hours ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

hmmm, i think there are just some nuances/bugs like controlling lights and led being on while charging, never heard a single case of anybody having any problems that could be in any way dangerous or compromising with 2.X FW... i have put it on my 16S and 18XL and gone for a normal long ride as i do to test the firmwares, and as i didnt personally like the ride (besides the silence) i saw absolutely no strange behaviour or anything that would lead me to believe they are unsafe in any way... but dont take my word for it lol i didnt write the FW nor did i do any long term extensive testing, just the one ride on each before deciding to go back as i prefer the ride characteristics of 1.0.9 and 1.13 respectively 

• Like 1

Issue related to KS16S firmware update  - it failed while updating to 2.01 over EUC World. App still can connect to EUC but it shows message "Firmware update failed" and "Wheel settings" menu is not available. Wheel is not self balancing anymore.
Please help - how I could fix this and complete firmware update to 2.01 or 1.09 version?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zirafius said:

Issue related to KS16S firmware update  - it failed while updating to 2.01 over EUC World. App still can connect to EUC but it shows message "Firmware update failed" and "Wheel settings" menu is not available. Wheel is not self balancing anymore.
Please help - how I could fix this and complete firmware update to 2.01 or 1.09 version?

well i think thankfully they resolved this issue with wheels being able to brick and you should still be able to pach FW over their app.. have you tried it with the official KS app (all blue one) https://www.kingsong.com/list-30.html

Fixed!
When wheel was "bricked" an official Kingson App v3.2.0 said "The firmware upgrade is detected is not completed, please upgrade", and the button "continue to upgrade" did nothing. KS SoftTuner v1.0.1 was crashing on Samsung A3 (2017, android v7.0) and on Samsung A5 (2017, android v8.0).

Luckily my distributor gave me a new KS SoftTuner v1.1.0 app. After using login credentials, application showed main screen for a short time and after that crashed. So, during that short time while it showed main screen I managed to click bluetooth icon, after which available bluetooth devices menu was shown and app continued to work till I upgraded firmware.

Interesting fact that Kingsong added a new feature - "login with guest". While using it, application works fine without any crashes.

Screenshot-20200405-171516.pngScreenshot-20200404-141315.pngScreenshot-20200404-141357.png

• Like 3

On 4/3/2020 at 1:46 PM, zirafius said:

This issue was caused by different bootloader used in some of KS-16S wheels. Latest EUC World is compatible with this bootloader. So I strongly advise to always use most up-to-date EUC World version (or just enable automatic updates in Google Play settings).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, zirafius said:

Screenshot-20200404-141357.png

Seems as KS-16S FW 2.01 is officially available again!?

@Seba - do you have an idea if it is still the same FW 2.01 that was revoked by KS before. I hope they do not publish a new FW with the same number! :ph34r:

Edit: Or is this just the softtuner app having acces to 2.01?

Edited by Chriull

7 minutes ago, Chriull said:

@Seba - do you have an idea if it is still the same FW 2.01 that was revoked by KS before. I hope they do not publish a new FW with the same number! :ph34r:

Edit: Or is this just the softtuner app having acces to 2.01?

fyi the soft tuner app for me had access to 2.X FW for both my 16S and 18XL at a time when their official app did not.. i dont know what this means for right now, but just to let you know, it being on there does not necessarily indicate that its currently "supported"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chriull said:

It's available via KS SoftApp and EUC World.

8 minutes ago, Chriull said:

I hope they do not publish a new FW with the same number!

No, fortunately no.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

fyi the soft tuner app for me had access to 2.X FW for both my 16S and 18XL at a time when their official app did not.. i dont know what this means for right now, but just to let you know, it being on there does not necessarily indicate that its currently "supported"

There is conflicting information about the reasons why King Song removed 2.01 for KS-16S. To date, there is no information that would indicate that 2.01 firmware is dangerous. Yes, it contains errors that need to be corrected. However, the same applies to 2.00 firmware for the KS-18L/XL that has not been withdrawn and is still available for update.

It's similar to situation with software 1.13 for KS-18L/XL. It was removed some time after publication. As a result, some people had version 1.13 (which clearly improved riding experience), while others had to stay with version 1.12 (but 1.13 was still available through KS SoftApp).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Seba said:

There is conflicting information about the reasons why King Song removed 2.01 for KS-16S. To date, there is no information that would indicate that 2.01 firmware is dangerous. Yes, it contains errors that need to be corrected. However, the same applies to 2.00 firmware for the KS-18L/XL that has not been withdrawn and is still available for update.

It's similar to situation with software 1.13 for KS-18L/XL. It was removed some time after publication. As a result, some people had version 1.13 (which clearly improved riding experience), while others had to stay with version 1.12 (but 1.13 was still available through KS SoftApp).

yup my thoughts exactly.. some minor oversights but absolutely nothing dangerous or damaging... and 1.13 is the best I have been using it since they released it and have like 4k km on it

• Like 2