2.0 firmware for 16S (and 14" ?) makes it SILENT!

mrelwood

Thanks guys, I've now tried the usual turning off and on etc then tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but still no further forward.

I get as far as the rotating circle graphic with the upgrading message but don't see any progress percentage and nothing seems to be downloading :(

2 hours ago, Gasmantle said:

Thanks guys, I've now tried the usual turning off and on etc then tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but still no further forward.

I get as far as the rotating circle graphic with the upgrading message but don't see any progress percentage and nothing seems to be downloading :(

You tried DarknessBot/EUC World or the Original KS App?

Update for My bricked ks16s:
I lost my sleep another night with my wheel being bricked.

My android phone got the old version of soft tuner provided by my trash dealer, so I can’t “resurrect” my wheel from the dead

Tina wang told me to ask from my dealer the newest “top secret” SoftTuner

My dealer website is turned off due to servers are down(he’s unreachable)

and no one seems to sent to me  this Holy Grail of an app

2 hours ago, SpaceT said:

and no one seems to sent to me  this Holy Grail of an app

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/16291-ks18xl-2200w-motor/?do=findComment&comment=283637 there you go. The problem is even with the app, you need a login.

2 hours ago, SpaceT said:

no one seems to sent to me  this Holy Grail of an app

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/16892-20-firmware-for-ks-18lxl-is-available/?do=findComment&comment=287433 the EUC World app might help in a couple days when it supports firmware updates.

13 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/16291-ks18xl-2200w-motor/?do=findComment&comment=283637 there you go. The problem is even with the app, you need a login.

Yea I see the password is removed

can you sent me in DM if you have it? If not probably Tina gonna give me one when she read my messenger 

thank you all 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 3:59 PM, mike_bike_kite said:

Have you tried just stopping the app on your phone while the wheel thing is going round and no numbers are being shown and then restarting the app?

Does the app detect the wheel?

Thanks Mike, the app does detect the wheel but if I stop it when the graphic is rotating once I restart I end up in the same state.

• Like 1

FYI Apparently KS have now reverted back to 1.09 firmware. I'm currently on 2.01 and quite like the silence so I'll stick with it unless  anyone knows of any serious bugs. Hopefully KS will sort out the issues shortly and put out new firmware. My only issue has been the lighting - all I really want is full lighting (headlamp on, tail light on and braking light), automatic lighting (all previous stuff but just when it gets dark) and no lighting so I can trolley the wheel into a shop and not get noticed. I don't even need the automatic mode. I'd also prefer to have the tail light at full brightness and then indicate braking by flashing between dim tail light and full tail light. What would also be nice is if the LED lighting turns on while charging so I can see when to stop - I normally keep my LEDs off when riding.

23 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Apparently KS have now reverted back to 1.09 firmware.

On the 18XL fw 2.0 thread I think it was Seba who said that it’s an upgrade portal bug that shows the 1.09 as the latest one. And EUC World has been said to host copies of the firmwares, so one should still be able to upgrade from there. As long as the upgrade feature is implemented by now...

Not sure what to think though. It is common that KS pulls an upgrade from the servers in wait for a new version. 

I like the 2.01 very much on my 16S! I have started to do short visits outside almost daily just to get to ride the new fw!

• Like 2

I like 2.01 too and I'm sticking with it unless there's good to moderate chance I'll die horribly but on this thread today @Chriull said "Yes. 2.0 and the new 2.0.1 were revoked and 1.09 is the newest fw again..." Perhaps when they release firmware in future they should do a staged release first to those that wrote the software, then those in the factory, then to people in different locations around the world that like to try new stuff and then finally to the public. It would also be good if they state clearly what the new features are, how to use them (the lights!) and allow bugs to be reported and viewed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I like 2.01 too and I'm sticking with it unless there's good to moderate chance I'll die horribly but on this thread today @Chriull said "Yes. 2.0 and the new 2.0.1 were revoked and 1.09 is the newest fw again..." Perhaps when they release firmware in future they should do a staged release first to those that wrote the software, then those in the factory, then to people in different locations around the world that like to try new stuff and then finally to the public. It would also be good if they state clearly what the new features are, how to use them (the lights!) and allow bugs to be reported and viewed. 

Actually, after @Chriull post we discovered that 2.01 is still available for update. The problem is with King Song servers that reports 1.09 version for users having 2.01 installed. But if you have installed 1.09, you will be offered with update to 2.01... This of course doesn't apply to EUC World app, users may safely use firmware update to get 2.01. One thing to note - prior to updating to 2.01 it's needed to update to 1.09 first.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Seba said:

One thing to note - prior to updating to 2.01 it's needed to update to 1.09 first.

Is this a EUC World requirement? I upgraded directly from 1.08 with the KS app a week ago.

53 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Is this a EUC World requirement? I upgraded directly from 1.08 with the KS app a week ago.

Seems that KS changed things last days. Week ago it was a completely different story.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:05 PM, Seba said:

Seems that KS changed things last days. Week ago it was a completely different story.

Yes, it was... I upgraded KS16s with EUC World from 1.08 to 1.09 first and then to 2.01 (somewhere else refering 2.0 also). Amazing firmware upgrade - I did 50kms with one charge till 20% (no load % or stationary) and absolute fantastic Euc World app, simple to use, very efective and many features, Iam getting used to... Thanks Seba! I was stuck in 1.08 firmware from a long time ago cause of the problems reported in upgrade firmware from KS app... Iam relieved now!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid ks firmware asks me to upgrade from v2.01 to v1.09 after i already have done the upgrade ...On the ks app u can upgrade from the V1.08 to V2.01 by clicking the V1.09 firmware update,and then checking the firmware version.I took the 16s for a ride and a noticeable difference in acceleration and braking.Faster acceleration and quicker stopping!

My 16S is from June 2017 and it updated fine with the KS app. Mine is bought from Ali, so DarknessBot and EUC World doesn’t even offer the feature.

The KS servers do sometimes have issues delivering updates. If you have an Android device available, I’d give EUC World a try, since it hosts copies of the fw files on a more stable server. If not, I would just try again and again.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot that KS pulled the update for Chinese New Year, since they wouldn’t be there to offer support in case (when) something goes wrong. EUC World should still work though. Otherwise just wait ’till the Chinese hangover finally passes...:P

Edited by mrelwood

20 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

EUC World should still work though.

Yes, 2.01 firmware is available for update in EUC World app.

I,d check the firmware number after u update it to V1.09. Mine shows that it is now V2.01 although i only updated to V1.09. The KS app shows there is a firmware update for me to go to V1.09. Crazy!

• 2 weeks later...

The title of this thread mentions 14" but if the KS-14S (More specifically the unified KS-14SMD) had received 2.x, would the 14D not see it too? I have seen no mention of a 2.x firmware for any 14" KingSong wheels. My 14D is still on 1.09 (checked with KingSong app and EUC world). It does not look like the 14" wheels have access to 2.x yet and I just have to be patient.

I would love a silent 14D. And the other improvements are very attractive too!

21 minutes ago, raidzero said:

The title of this thread mentions 14" but if the KS-14S (More specifically the unified KS-14SMD) had received 2.x, would the 14D not see it too? I have seen no mention of a 2.x firmware for any 14" KingSong wheels. My 14D is still on 1.09 (checked with KingSong app and EUC world). It does not look like the 14" wheels have access to 2.x yet and I just have to be patient.

I would love a silent 14D. And the other improvements are very attractive too!

They do have access to 2.0 let me verify that though. See screenshot

Screenshot_20200214-185426~2.png

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1