KS18XL bearing ref

null

I’ll probably be opening the motor of my KS18XL soon, and might as well replace the bearings with some quality brand. There doesn’t seem to be any size référence around.

Anyone knows the size / reference of the ball bearings for the 18XL? It would be great if I had them before the operation.

• Like 1

Have you noticed something being wrong with your bearings? I’ve been sensing maybe some roughness lately but I’m not sure. It’ll be a big project to change them. Sorry I cannot help with the size, maybe you can ask directly from Kingsong?

8 hours ago, null said:

I’ll probably be opening the motor of my KS18XL soon, and might as well replace the bearings with some quality brand. There doesn’t seem to be any size référence around.

Anyone knows the size / reference of the ball bearings for the 18XL? It would be great if I had them before the operation.

Since you seems to live in Paris, why don't you go to Urban360 and ask them. They use to repair all kind of euc including KS18 and should have this kind of info.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, null said:

There are two standard 6203RS bearing - one per side.

• Like 2

@SebaThanks a lot!

@UniVehje nothing special, wheel is only going toward 2000km, however the motor makes vibrations I don’t like, and as you say it’s a big operation, so I might as well replace them with better bearings while at it.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

after 2ooo km to change them !? ....
are you sure it's necessary on your wheel ?

it should last more longer than 2ooo km, or you are riding with very high tire pressure
bearings issues can be easy revealed by holding firmly tire with opposing hands (one hand to 6PM and other to 12PM) and try to move the wheel left right without rotating it.....if it's make any noise indeed your need to change them.

Edited by Meserias

@Meserias

Yes bearings can go very far AFAIK, however I’ve tinkered with DIY 3D printing and know there are som pretty crappy ones around. I don’t know the quality of the KS ones, but I don’t suppose it’s upper tier brand. So since I open it anyway I’ll probably replace them, so I hopefully won’t have to do it again in a long while.

I think this is a good idea, I would do the same if I were you as we have no idea what quality the manufacturers use. Fitting a known quality whilst apart makes total sense and should last pretty much the life of the wheel. Fit and forget :)

Can't go wrong with SKF bearings or similar quality brand. Even top quality ones won't be more than £5~10 each.

• Like 1