Look what just arrived !!!! Excited and Confused !?!

Peters

Just got my Kingsong 16X today !
So excited unsure where to begin ?
Dont even know how to ride this thing... LOL !

Having some challenges, hope to get some of your advice please.
1. The Kingsong app keeps crashing when i start it up. It fails to even start up. Just says "Kingsong has stopped". I downloaded app called "Kingsong by Kingsong Intell Co., LTD" I have Samsung S7 android cell phone.
2. When i plug in the standard charger (2.5 Amps) theres no lights on to tell me its charging. Is there suppose to be LED lights that light up on the wheel or the charging brick?

There is no user manual with the unit in english... LOL. really dont want to have to learn Chinese just so I can operate this thing... LOL !

2019-11-14-16-12-16.jpg2019-11-14-16-12-56.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peters said:

1. The Kingsong app keeps crashing when i start it up. It fails to even start up. Just says "Kingsong has stopped". I downloaded app called "Kingsong by Kingsong Intell Co., LTD" I have Samsung S7 android cell phone.
2. When i plug in the standard charger (2.5 Amps) theres no lights on to tell me its charging. Is there suppose to be LED lights that light up on the wheel or the charging brick?

There is no user manual with the unit in english... LOL. really dont want to have to learn Chinese just so I can operate this thing... LOL !

Power on the wheel -- Connect with APP -- Unlock the motor -- Checking the status

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peters said:

Congratulations @Peters... You have reached a turning point in your life (maybe good / maybe bad / but probably good)!

Regarding the App... The KS App can be a bit challenging, especially with Samsung phones. It sounds dumb, but try to uninstall and reinstall it. If that doesn't work, then the previous version (v3.18) is more stable - I understand that it has a fault that stops you upgrading the firmware. But in some cases is is better to have an App that runs and connects (but can't upgrade) than an App that doesn't run. You can source a copy of the v3.18 app from my website... https://www.roll.nz/content/22-apps

As for charging... Normally your charger will have a red indicator to show it is charging and it will change to green once charged. If you aren't sure, you can power your 16X on while it is charging. you should see the LEDs glow green. They will be solid at the bottom (indicating the percentage already charged) and and cycling at the top (indicating it is still charging).

Best of luck and please keep asking if you have any further questions.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Peters said:

Congrats on the 16x, it was my "beginner" wheel too, you'll love it!!  You're in good hands here, the post above should get you going, these guys know their stuff for sure.  Be sure to post your feelings on the wheel once you get up and running (riding)...

• Like 1

Yeah I know the feeling I just got a king KS 14m . there realy cool now it’s learning how to master it ? I have some room in my apt. So first I just stood on it ( have it on for gyro to balance it ) if not well you will find out why 😝  I did 🙁 .. then I just rolled back and forth to get the feel of it then I started to do circles around my hallway and living room hanging on to walls or anything reachable had a few spills looked on the app and I put 1.3 miles  just doing circles . I know a bus stop turn around that has a wide horse shoe rail just the right height so I’m going to take my wheel and go practice on the rail till I get the hang of it . The height is just right to ride along it and hold on because I want to be able to ride it like all the people I see on utube  they make it look 👀 easy well It’s not !! .. I might buy another wheel except  one of those double wheel ones and practice with that don’t want mess up my KS it’s so shiny white . I figure if I do I’m in to about almost $1000 with the tax and shipping boy some hobbies are not cheap .. so if any one has some advice on how to master the wheel I would be most grateful. At worst I might keep the two wheeler and sell my king song KS 14 m it’s a challenge for sure .. thank you for those who read this 🤗

• Like 1

Just pad your wheel to oblivion while you're learning. From high-end EUC bodyguard to random pieces of foam/cardboard and duct tape, everything works. After a few weeks you can remove the padding.

And don't train inside unless you want to ruin your walls and furniture;) Find a nice wide free-of-every-distraction place outside, and remember: speed stabilizes you. Do not muddle around at walking speeds, that's much harder compared to higher speeds. You wouldn't try to learn to ride a bicycle by limiting yourself to walking speed, would you? Don't be afraid of speed.

• Like 1

Hello
I figure out the app situation. I had to download from https://www.kingsong.com directly instead of app store.
Also i mistakenly registered the app with a phone number and lead to issues, then figure out to use email to register instead, then it work perfect.
The charger that came with the wheel was broken, not charging at all, so Im now anxiously waiting for the replacement charger.

Im going to start practicing in the next day or two. Will put some protection on it.

Thank you

Well I went to my local park found a play area that had a halfe rail circle around it with a straight way of sixteen feet two other  semi curved sections so I was going back and forth yeah once u do get speed it kinda balance it selfe ( I said kinda ! ) then there was a access ramp 12 percent incline did that a few times then I went to a open grass area between two trees about 20.feet apart and tried to ride from one tree to a other made it 10.feet before I lost balance if had a friend to steady me I probably would have gotten the hang of it . Neat feeling once it starts going . Park rangers just watched 👀 puzzled what I was doing ? 🤔 so I am more encouraged to go a practice and I will definitely master this wheel .. so anybody learning don’t be discouraged  the pay off in the end is worth it .. oh before i forget ? Can someone get me the a web address KS to order parts in my zeal to learn I made a turn to close to a bench and hit head on and cracked my headlight / taillight depends witch way you go so I need to replace the black plastic strip that goes in the middle of my KS 14 M .....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was pleasantly shocked how short the learning time was to start riding. The learning curve is steep and yet pretty short (best way i can describe it). I can now ride it good. Some points of wobbling when im not focusing. I had to keep talking to myself to keep my focus and keep my body behaving properly to keep balance, control acceleration/deceleration and turning.

My self talk included:
1. Stand up straight (cuz my body kept on wanting to bend over)
2. Lean into the turn.
3. Lean in to accelerate.
4. Lean back to decelerate.
5. Trust the wheel.
6. Keep looking up at a distant point.
7. Look in the direction where you want to go.
8. Look up, look up, look up!
9. This is fun and easy!
10. Speed to balance (makes my body lean in to accelerate)
11. Im handsome and sexy... (ok this was just for my own ego...LOL )

78768295_10156840056225415_2353667573133

• Like 1