Can someone show me a photo of the KS18XL Motherboard?

seage

9 hours ago, Rywokast said:

that hole needs to be elongated or just a slot that goes all the way to the bottom.. it always freaks me out when i have to take off the shell lol

That's what I like about the look of the 16X... An actual SLOT, so the motor can just drop out!!!   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

That's what I like about the look of the 16X... An actual SLOT, so the motor can just drop out!!!   

oh nice,, now if it only didn't have a dozen screws under padding O.o

Edited by Rywokast

2 hours ago, Rywokast said:

Well you can fix this by punching a hole in padding where screws are placed. 

s-l400.jpg

I agree that this isn't practical despite it look nice to have hidden screws. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:01 AM, Rywokast said:

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:53 AM, Unventor said:

Well you can fix this by punching a hole in padding where screws are placed. 

<image snipped>

I agree that this isn't practical despite it look nice to have hidden screws. 

i have a plan for this... Just waiting on my shipment to arrive....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @The Fat Unicyclist where exactly is the fan in my wheel? I didn't see it when I did nthe transfer, but I didn't fully unplug the motherboard. I've been having issues where the fan either has a bad bearing or is off axis or has dustbin it as it's super loud, sounds like it's struggling. If started after I dropped my wheel a while back, but I gave it a hard bounce and it's went away until recently when we went on a trail ride and I fell a.few times. Wheel went flying and suddenly the sound is back. It quiets down if I lift up the wheel and bounce it down. But slowly starts up again, which makes me think it's an off axis issue, but I'm probably wrong. 

6 hours ago, seage said:

Hey @The Fat Unicyclist where exactly is the fan in my wheel? I didn't see it when I did nthe transfer, but I didn't fully unplug the motherboard. I've been having issues where the fan either has a bad bearing or is off axis or has dustbin it as it's super loud, sounds like it's struggling. If started after I dropped my wheel a while back, but I gave it a hard bounce and it's went away until recently when we went on a trail ride and I fell a.few times. Wheel went flying and suddenly the sound is back. It quiets down if I lift up the wheel and bounce it down. But slowly starts up again, which makes me think it's an off axis issue, but I'm probably wrong. 

Ahh... The secret spinning, hidden fan!   :ph34r:

It isn't that easy to see in the photos that either of us took, but it is under the capacitors. The "roundy" thing at the left end on the photo below;

KS-18XL v1.3 Control Board

I still have a spare board, so let me know if you want some more specific photos...

18 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Ahh... The secret spinning, hidden fan!   :ph34r:

It isn't that easy to see in the photos that either of us took, but it is under the capacitors. The "roundy" thing at the left end on the photo below;

KS-18XL v1.3 Control Board

I still have a spare board, so let me know if you want some more specific photos...

Thank you!

I cant see it AT ALL, but at least i know where it is. Under those green things? Loll. Which i assume are the capacitors. Can you tell im learning as i go along? XD

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:44 PM, seage said:

I cant see it AT ALL, but at least i know where it is. Under those green things?

That's it!!!

Which i assume are the capacitors

Yep, those are what capacitors look like.

Can you tell im learning as i go along?

Would never have picked that....   :facepalm:

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:54 PM, Old Glider said:

Sounds interesting....you got my curiosity up

Stay tuned then... We have a number of projects on the go (besides the EUC Bodyguards), but this one is near the top.

Perhaps it's something to be unveiled at the LA EUC Games???

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hello people, I am looking for a brand new motherboard for my 18L, I live in Singapore where all resellers have closed (cf e-scooter ban...), where can I find one online? I searched on Aliexpress and couldn’t find one. Do you know where I can buy one? Also any idea about the price?

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Hello people, I am looking for a brand new motherboard for my 18L, I live in Singapore where all resellers have closed (cf e-scooter ban...), where can I find one online? I searched on Aliexpress and couldn’t find one. Do you know where I can buy one? Also any idea about the price?

Thanks!

you could check with https://www.chicway.shop/ to see if they could get you one... where did you originally purchase it, passiongadgets or something? also how old is it, if its within one year you might be able to get a warranty replacement... you could just contact them and inquire https://www.kingsong.com/list-11.html

6 hours ago, Rywokast said:

you could check with https://www.chicway.shop/ to see if they could get you one... where did you originally purchase it, passiongadgets or something? also how old is it, if its within one year you might be able to get a warranty replacement... you could just contact them and inquire https://www.kingsong.com/list-11.html

Hello Rywokast, I purchased it at the Wheelies, they are out of business. The wheel is 2 years old. I will check your links to see.

thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I have a possibly stupid idea I would like to test if I can somehow get my hands on a 18l or 18xl for cheap - What happens if you put the 16x motherboard into an 18 inch wheel? My guess is that the motherboard will continue to drive the wheel thinking that it's a 16 incher - but the tyres will be moving faster relative to the rotor, thus possibly allowing a slightly higher top speed. 

Anyone tried this yet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinkererboi said:

Hey guys, I have a possibly stupid idea I would like to test if I can somehow get my hands on a 18l or 18xl for cheap - What happens if you put the 16x motherboard into an 18 inch wheel? My guess is that the motherboard will continue to drive the wheel thinking that it's a 16 incher - but the tyres will be moving faster relative to the rotor, thus possibly allowing a slightly higher top speed. 

Anyone tried this yet?

Wouldnt it makes sense to try this with a brand/flavor of wheel that ISNT one of the most refined and expensive for its kind? In theory, you could go faster, but man o' man could you also VERY easily cause an overlean situation due to the increased torque required and the fw not being adjusted for it. Merely speculation, but it sure does sound like a waste of 2 expensive wheels, to try it. I do like where your head is at tho! Perhaps it would just be easier to hack the code in the 18?

1 minute ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Wouldnt it makes sense to try this with a brand/flavor of wheel that ISNT one of the most refined and expensive for its kind? In theory, you could go faster, but man o' man could you also VERY easily cause an overlean situation due to the increased torque required and the fw not being adjusted for it. Merely speculation, but it sure does sound like a waste of 2 expensive wheels, to try it. I do like where your head is at tho! Perhaps it would just be easier to hack the code in the 18?

A bunch of hacking gurus over at the ninebot forum mentioned that KS is basically unhackable for now..

Well it won't really be a waste for example if I manage to get my hands on a 18xl with a buggered motherboard, then instead of buying the 18xl board I buy a 16x board which costs basically the same. 

As for cutouts..  well i'll definitely be armouring up to the max if I ever manage to pull this off. 🤣 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tinkererboi said:

A bunch of hacking gurus over at the ninebot forum mentioned that KS is basically unhackable for now..

Well it won't really be a waste for example if I manage to get my hands on a 18xl with a buggered motherboard, then instead of buying the 18xl board I buy a 16x board which costs basically the same. 

As for cutouts..  well i'll definitely be armouring up to the max if I ever manage to pull this off. 🤣 

How can KS make an unhackable firmware but cant make a useable app? I keep thinking I should have taken programming 20 years ago. I'd like to see how it goes, putting a 16x board in an 18, interesting idea at the least!

Edited by ShanesPlanet

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/22/2021 at 11:55 AM, Meserias said:

Can someone please post or explain where notification speaker (beeper) it located inside 18XL shell.

behind the right side panel, top front

• Like 1