1000 miles club! ⭐

chrisjunlee

11 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

You noobs crack me up...   :lol:

I'll wait until someone starts a "I've ridden so far that I don't have a f*#k@n clue" club!   :rolleyes:

There's a darker side of high mileage EUCing, as both your name and my weight gain can attest to. Since EUCs get you from door to door, it follows one must be ever vigilant to minimal amounts of exercise, exercise that one incidentally gets from even minor walks. 

• Like 1

Ninebot One E+. One year. 1300km
MSX. 7 months. 4700km.
Onewheel+ XR (sold). 9 months. 1500km.
Electric longboard. 1 year. Over 1000km.
Carbon fiber sweet baby jesus beautiful mountainbike. 22km this year. :efee612b4b: Time to get rid of it.

I have also done a few thousand back squats, front squats, overhead squats, shrimp squats, one legged squats, lunges and taken some Zumba classes.
I could always fool myself into thinking that riding an EUC is exercise just as easily as I could fool myself into thinking that doing chest flyes for high reps with toilet rolls in my hands would give me chest development. :roflmao:

Riding an EUC and doing leg exercises do however have interfering effects towards one another because of fatigue. Yesterday I did a pretty brutal leg workout and I was dying going off road and uphill today. :facepalm:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Ninebot One E+. One year. 1300km
MSX. 7 months. 4700km.
Onewheel+ XR (sold). 9 months. 1500km.
Electric longboard. 1 year. Over 1000km.
Carbon fiber sweet baby jesus beautiful mountainbike. 22km this year. :efee612b4b: Time to get rid of it.

I have also done a few thousand back squats, front squats, overhead squats, shrimp squats, one legged squats, lunges and taken some Zumba classes.
I could always fool myself into thinking that riding an EUC is exercise just as easily as I could fool myself into thinking that doing chest flyes for high reps with toilet rolls in my hands would give me chest development. :roflmao:

Riding an EUC and doing leg exercises do however have interfering effects towards one another because of fatigue. Yesterday I did a pretty brutal leg workout and I was dying going off road and uphill today. :facepalm:

It’s amazing how much more solid my riding feels a couple days after some heavy barbell squats and deadlifts. It’s getting longer and longer between workouts though >_>

9 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

It’s amazing how much more solid my riding feels a couple days after some heavy barbell squats and deadlifts. It’s getting longer and longer between workouts though >_>

I feel ya! Workouts are easy to miss when we are floating around on our wheels all day. It's way too addictive.
Working out used to be my way of finding peace. Now it's the wheel.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, LanghamP said:

There's a darker side of high mileage EUCing, as both your name and my weight gain can attest to. Since EUCs get you from door to door, it follows one must be ever vigilant to minimal amounts of exercise, exercise that one incidentally gets from even minor walks. 

EUC's... Keeping the FAT in "The Fat Unicyclist"!   :thumbup:

Really? I find riding about as tiring as walking slowly. And some specific muscles (dorsal, calf, leg straightening) Gotway stronger. At least compared to my previous "computer all day" past. ;)

A real problem is that the wheel is way more convenient than a car, and so my visits to McDonalds got more frequent... :furious:

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, atdlzpae said:

I find riding about as tiring as walking slowly

Its that way at first, but with time it will go away. I've been monitoring my heart rate for the last year and a half and when I ride my heart rate is around 75. Resting heart rate is 55. Walking is more like 113. When I would bike, my heart rate was around 175.

Now my heart rate only goes up if a car gets too close, or if I'm off-roading.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:44 PM, atdlzpae said:

A real problem is that the wheel is way more convenient than a car, and so my visits to McDonalds got more frequent... :furious:

Ha ha... I happen to work next door to a McDonalds, so having an EUC has resulted in a reduction of my visits!   :D

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Ha ha... I happen to work next door to a McDonalds, so having an EUC has resulted in a reduction of my visits!   :D

My question for you and @atdlzpae is, do you take the drive thru? ;)

• Like 2

First few times out on longer rides, I was also sore.  Considering I did 40 miles a day standing when I was new (67 miles in a day was my max), but nowadays I have almost no pain.  Balls of my feet get a little sore, but that'll pass.