126-Volt Nikola

6 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Z10 was backed by Xiaomi, a respectable backer that dont sell "basement builds". Indeed it had its initial caveats but for a first release it wasn't a bad wheel (and cable managment is second to none compared to gotway that throws in all cables and puts one or two basic anchor points. Some sliding silicone tubing over the motor cables (on my tesla v1.2) was probably the worst I have ever seen. I could with VERY LITTLE FORCE slide the silicone tubing away.making it possible for motor cables to short. IMO a real basement build.

Sure they do push boundaries, but unless they get their cable management together theyre gonna have a bunch of lifes on their hands especially once they push 60-80 km/h.

Increasing DC voltage increase the risk of arcing which means they need even better insulation on cables, MoBo and motor. Dry air fine...but a moist day by the sea (salt) and its not quite as nice.

Lets hooe they start pushing quality as much as they do speed, then they will become market leaders bar none. 

this will never happen lol... people have been calling for this since the dawn of time xD and now look at the slew of new issues after their previous good streak of the trouble free msx 84V and mcm5.. everything since has had issues just like almost everything before

3 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

this will never happen lol... people have been calling for this since the dawn of time xD and now look at the slew of new issues after their previous good streak of the trouble free msx 84V and mcm5.. everything since has had issues just like almost everything before

I guess when someone else steps up and makes fast quality and they start to loose income... That's when they have a change of mind. But until then... Well no choice but to buy them basement build, check it before first power up for pinched cables, insufficient cable management and connectors rubbing against control board and the likes.

My tesla is still fine after 4000+ km but i tear it down at least 2times a year for a checkup and cleaning and re-lubing of pedals and shafts. The only wear on the shafts is the one i got my first 50 or so km before i noted the construction of steel shaft through aluminium. You dont have to guess what wears out first...yes...the mount and the pedals that are alu.

Im going to lock up the shafts on the mounts with lock screws to prevent further wear (and mikimize  rattle and play). The force basically only acts in one direction so should be fine with 2xM4 or M5 lock screws...maybe ill add helicoil just to make sure they dont eat up the aluminium.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/3/2019 at 7:15 PM, Marty Backe said:

It took forever for KingSong to finally move to 84-volts. How many years do you think it'll be before they get to 126-volts (considering 100-volts is still a mystery to them)? :lol:

2 😝

To be fair, i was not expecting it neither, and as of now it is only a prototype, never seen in action.

I hope to see it soon on your channel, and others youtubers for testing 🙂

• Like 1