300lbs Noob

7 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

For anybody reading, most of this thread is 5 years old, just fyi:)

nah, 12 from the past,  14 from today. When will then be now? Soon 😂

• Haha 1

Anyways i got that baseball cap and it's "protrudes" will protect me way, way better than any bicykle helmet.

MG_7036copycopy.jpg?v=1683721085

No joking here - it's my daily driver. As for winter it's warm beanie.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Funky said:

Anyways i got that baseball cap and it's "protrudes" will protect me way, way better than any bicykle helmet.

Don't be tempted to have a 'cool image' day and wear it backwards though...  ;)

5 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Don't be tempted to have a 'cool image' day and wear it backwards though...  ;)

Only in very windy days. :) Luckily then wind is pushing me and my wheel almost backwards, meaning i'm going very slowly, to not overpower the wheel. Because lean is very aggressive against wind..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Watch the angle of her neck just before impact. Tell me a few cm of 'peak' on a helmet would have saved her from impacting her chin. 

I agree. I'm not arguing that full-face helmets aren't the best, they are.

The thing I'm arguing is: full-face > bicycle > no helmet.

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

The thing I'm arguing is: full-face > bicycle > no helmet.

I forgot to reference what you'd written when I replied. Well put, I completely agree. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

When I ride I'm not much afraid of my own error or a hardware problem.

The thing I'm afraid of the most are other road users.

Luckily i have almost no other road users while i ride. I ride on sidewalks and in small town, there simply isn't many people around. Still you need to slow down around people anyways.. Same time i can go what ever speed i want, when no-one is around. Heck at morning commute i see maybe 7 people.(More or less same people always.) Riding back home same amount.

Also my path is very straight, with grassy fields at both sides. No blind areas, etc..

Other people and my riding skill isn't the thing that scares me. I'm more concerned about hardware problem mid ride.. :D

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2

I think if the rider respects his or her wheel and learns what type of riding and obstacle would cause a cut-out then that's the most important thing. I weigh between 240-250 lbs depending on how many cookies I eat and I can ride my KS14D just fine as long as I don't push it and I know it's limitations, especially at that weight. I don't ride harder or faster than I could just jump off and land on my feet or at least break my fall with my hands. Respecting my wheel is most important, then comes helmets and gear.

• Upvote 2

The problem is when someone compares acceleration with other riders on the same wheel and thinks that they've got more headroom.

Also, some people think that the limits set in the app apply for all riders. 

On 7/27/2019 at 5:54 PM, Blicky Te️la said:

6’3” 325 to be exact. After researching planning on buying a King Song 18XL very soon. 

Ive been reading lots of comments from people about “rider weight” as it relates to “cut offs” “nosedives” etc, and it has me a bit concerned honestly. I’m a pretty athletic guy but are there size specific concerns when it comes to EUCs’?!

I have sometime around 300 lbs with big backpack weightproof EUC i own is:

KS16X still no problem all original purchased in 2019

PAtton dont care you weight is unlimited power.

I not ride over 25MPH (40km/h) on any EUC i live in very hilly area (Beskydy mountain). And i not jump or do any extreme things with EUC.

On 4/20/2024 at 10:24 AM, atdlzpae said:

This is not true. I can speak from experience - my chin/teeth/nose got saved by a bicycle helmet during one of my faceplants.
In fact, not only a "bicycle helmet", but a $15 bicycle helmet. How? Simple - the helmet sticks a few cm off from the forehead and thus stopped my nose & chin from hitting the concrete harder than it should've. I only got a bruise instead of a much worse outcome.

Try an experiment yourself. Lie face-down on the floor with a helmet on. It's obvious it makes it harder to damage your face. By making your forehead longer.

I'm not arguing against full-face helmets, they are fine. Full face > bicycle > nothing.
I'm simply pointing out that "bicycle helmet = nothing" is very incorrect. B)

I can prove it too following my own accident.

I’m commuting on the bike or inline skates.

I have a general aero bike helmet with the visor, that’s covering the bridge of the nose, then goes down with its shape around cheeks.

I’m not wearing the visor when rollerblading, but by lucky coincidence I put it on the day the face plant has happened…

I remember I was a bit reckless that beautiful sunny day, just being happy coming home after long shift, you know…

A bit faster going that usually, jumping occasionally, just fully enjoyed it…

Suddenly my wheels got blocked off just before the kerb ~ because of greater speed I’ve kissed the pavement in no time!

Yes, the nose had got scratched, and the part between the nose and a top lip, and the visor obviously.

It could have been much worse I know, but my case is showing I haven’t had hit the ground with my jaw ~ that’s the point I’m trying to pass over here 😉

Unfortunately I am not fancy full face helmets to be honest.

I understand my good luck my will gone some day, but for my leisure rides on EUC and commute I rather behave nicely, I mean enjoying the pleasure of riding rather than crazy nuts if you know I mean…

Art.

On 4/20/2024 at 5:25 AM, Funky said:

All this time I've been saying I ride without a helmet...not knowing that a baseball cap qualifies! I too ride with a baseball cap on occasion and I wear warm things up top in the winter when it's cold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1